PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in San Diego?

Josiah
12-14-2001, 08:01 PM
I used Meguiar`s Endurance, no the high gloss, on my dads truck tires a few weeks ago. They have never been dressed before, and I`m not sure how old they are, 6 months +.

They looked fine before I used the dressing, and then they looked great after the purple stuff. But then, they started to look old and brown. Now they look WHITE. Kind of an off white.

Any idea why? Using the Meguiar`s stuff on neglected tires maybe?

I`m going to try vinylex next on them I think.

Josiah

JasonC8301
12-14-2001, 08:17 PM
Did you clean the tires before you applied the Meguiars Endurance?

I think its the dressing going bad, not the tire. Just make sure you clean them throughly.

Jason

Josiah
12-14-2001, 08:20 PM
Yes, the tires were cleaned very well.

It was probably the dressing. I should buy more soon...

anyone use the high gloss yet?

Best,

Josiah

JasonC8301
12-14-2001, 08:26 PM
I used the high gloss. Apply it nice and thin, and make sure the entire tires is covered. Let it sit on the tire for an hour or so, then buff with a rag to minimize sling.

Its like 3 applications of Endurance = 1 of high gloss.

I still use Meguiars Endurance orgininal and HG on the BMW tires I detail (Turanzas).

It depends on the tire and the compounds used to make them.

Jason

Josiah
12-14-2001, 08:34 PM
Hmmm... I`d be interested in seeing your "chart" of compounds-tires. That is one area I`m not fully confident in. If you have time and the chart in your head/written down, I`d love to see it.

Thanks!

Josiah

JasonC8301
12-14-2001, 08:42 PM
I don`t know any specifics. Its all based upon my observations. I tried lots of different tire products on lots of different tires.

My reason behind different reactions between different tires and different dressings is the compounds in the tire and the dressing itself.

One dressing may perform amazingly well on a tire and with another dressing on a different tire (same kind) of the car may turn an ugly brown.

My experiences so far,

My line up

Turanzas (BMW 323) - Meguiars Endurance

Firestone passenger tires (Corolla) - Armour All Extreme Tire Shine

Dunlop P7000 - AutoInt Rubber protector

Good general dressing on tires is Vinylex.

Try the vinylex and see what happens.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Scottwax
12-15-2001, 10:14 AM
As much as I like Meguiars pro lines, I am not a big fan of Endurance. It builds up and if you apply it on a windy day, you get dust stuck to your tires. I prefer either their W Dressing (Detailers line) or #40 Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner. Neither lasts as long as Endurance, but I like the satiny finish they leave, plus they do not build up like Endurance.

I have to admit, it lasts a damn long time though.

Puckman
08-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Anybody here near San Diego or know of a pro detailer in that area? I`ve got someone on another board looking to get his BMW done.

Thanks.

imported_detailchick
08-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Hi Puckman im in north county San diego . I will PM you, Thanks

Puckman
08-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Awesome, thanks detailchick!