PDA

View Full Version : What is it?

Pages : [1] 2

Bluedog
12-13-2001, 04:24 PM
what kind of pads do u prefer when using minor abrasive products like SMR, FI II, Meguiars swirl mark remover, rubbing compound, and other similar stuff?

i currently use those foam pads wrapped around with terry. i like to use it instead of just foam because it gives me a feeling that im really working the product into the paint instead of just gliding it over like u would for zaino and waxes...

what do u guys use?

Lemonxxs
12-13-2001, 04:28 PM
FOAM pads for those type products listed. Other wise the MF pads for sealeants and such.

I use the terry ones for vinyl & rubber protectants.

vettefan67
12-13-2001, 04:29 PM
Hey Ng:

When using polishes I like to use firmer pads like <a class=`bbc_url` href=`http://www.topoftheline.com/tirvindresap.html`>these:

http://store5.yimg.com/I/tolae_1664_3338492

I like the firm feel of them when working stuff into the paint because I know they will give an even pressure everywhere instead of uneven pressure when just pushing with your hand. Easy to grip too:up

vettefan67
12-13-2001, 04:31 PM
Oh, and like Guess said I also use the terry applicators for rough plastic/vinyl dashboard materials because of its cleaning abilities. Wastes a lot more product though, but worth it for me.

Bluedog
12-13-2001, 04:33 PM
puterbum, what kind of brand r those and where can i get them/? ive actually never seen those before.:)

vettefan67
12-13-2001, 04:36 PM
Ng, you can click the picture for info ;). I found them at a local detail shop though...lots of great stuff there! Also got the little foam pads for just 60 cents each! Those ones are about $1 (locally, $1.75 at TOL), well worth it. Bigger pores though, so I throw them away if I drop them.

Look in your yellow pages under Automotive for Paint & body shop supplies or something of the sort. I had good luck going to paint shop suppliers, lots of 3M and Meguiars stuff. The detail shops have the better stuff.

ADDED: www.autodetail.com also has them:
http://207.153.193.219/AB1769000Store/images/tireappli_small.jpg

jkochis
12-13-2001, 04:44 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Ng Luder [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>puterbum, what kind of brand r those and where can i get them/? ive actually never seen those before.:) [/b]</blockquote>
I`ve seen very similar pads at AutoZone.

vettefan67
12-13-2001, 04:45 PM
Cool, thanks RH! I swear I saw them somewhere else but couldn`t remember where..

imported_BretFraz
12-13-2001, 05:18 PM
These little things ROCK. I use them for PPCL and SMR hand application. Look for them at your fave store.
http://www.eagleone.com/products/products.asp?catid=5001&itemid=1033 (`http://www.eagleone.com/products/products.asp?catid=5001&itemid=1033`)

Lemonxxs
12-13-2001, 05:33 PM
Viking has one that is large like the one PUTER showed. I think there was another thread somewhere onhere talking about it and even had a pic.

I have one and love it. Easy to hold onto!!

imported_Intermezzo
12-13-2001, 07:21 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Viking has one that is large like the one PUTER showed. I think there was another thread somewhere onhere talking about it and even had a pic.

I have one and love it. Easy to hold onto!! [/b]</blockquote>
MB, I agree. No more finger cramps. The Eagle One`s and the ones shown by Puter look really good too. I just wish Souveran and PPG came in flatter, wider cans so they could be applied with the Viking apps.

Tony

Garnerwolf
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I`ve just purchased a black 2011 Hyundai. I`m noticing small, bluish, circular spots on the hood and trunk. Some are rough to the touch, like the paint is chipped, others are smooth. I`m seeing a few more almsot on a daily basis. Car only has about 400 miles on it. The car is garaged at night, and I often park in underground garage during the day.

I`m a complete noob, but does anyone have any ideas 1) what is causing this) and 2) how to repair/prevent it?

Thanks in adviance, and I`ve enjoyed reading the threads so far. (I`m in Raleigh, NC so if that clinic thing happens, I hope I`m able to go!

bmw5541
08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I`ve just purchased a black 2011 Hyundai. I`m noticing small, bluish, circular spots on the hood and trunk. Some are rough to the touch, like the paint is chipped, others are smooth. I`m seeing a few more almsot on a daily basis. Car only has about 400 miles on it. The car is garaged at night, and I often park in underground garage during the day.

I`m a complete noob, but does anyone have any ideas 1) what is causing this) and 2) how to repair/prevent it?

Thanks in adviance, and I`ve enjoyed reading the threads so far. (I`m in Raleigh, NC so if that clinic thing happens, I hope I`m able to go!

Welcome to TID Garnerwolf.

If you could post some pictures of what you are describing, it might be helpful to determine what it might be.

imported_Slik560
08-04-2010, 01:15 PM
A wild guess, but maybe contamination from when the car was stored after being shipped to the U.S.? Cars that come over often sit out in lots for days and weeks at a time awaiting shipment to the dealers. The ports are obvious super-industrial areas, so there would be a potential for a lot of airborne crud floating around.

I picture or two will allow the experts to check it out and answer your question. Fingers crossed for a successful correction effort.

imported_Slik560
08-04-2010, 01:15 PM
duplicate post removed