PDA

View Full Version : Product shelf life

edgewise
12-11-2001, 09:28 AM
Polishing phase(Speed?)

Polish removal(speed?) if you don`t do it by hand.

Waxing phase (Speed?)

Wax removal (speed?) if you don`t do it by hand.

imported_killerjg
01-07-2002, 02:05 AM
I do everything around 2.5.

Just started using 4 for Blackfire.

Parrot_hd
07-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I found some Megs product 6, 7, 9, 26, swirl x, and some NXT pushed back in a cabinet in the garage that I have forgotten about. I`m pretty sure the swirl x and NXT were purchased in the spring of 2009 but the 6, 7, 9, and 26 must be at least 3 years old and gone through at least 3 Chicago freezes in a non heated garage.

Is there a shelf life on these and can they survive being frozen and thawed numerous times. I shook up all of them and they look fine.

On some recommendations from this site, I`m putting together an order for some M105, M205, P085RD, Collinite 845, and BFWD through the PAC store so I guess I should just throw this stuff out to be safe but I hate to waste if it`s still good.

Todd@RUPES
07-27-2010, 03:26 PM
I found some Megs product 6, 7, 9, 26, swirl x, and some NXT pushed back in a cabinet in the garage that I have forgotten about. I`m pretty sure the swirl x and NXT were purchased in the spring of 2009 but the 6, 7, 9, and 26 must be at least 3 years old and gone through at least 3 Chicago freezes in a non heated garage.

Is there a shelf life on these and can they survive being frozen and thawed numerous times. I shook up all of them and they look fine.

On some recommendations from this site, I`m putting together an order for some M105, M205, P085RD, Collinite 845, and BFWD through the PAC store so I guess I should just throw this stuff out to be safe but I hate to waste if it`s still good.

If the products froze then you might have some issues, sometimes the only way to know is to apply them. However, I have some polishes that are 5 years old or older and work fine.

Look at the label on the bottle. Does it look good or has it started to look greasy (a greasy film would indicate some of the product has begun to leech through the bottle and is no longer working well)?

imported_Flash Gordon
07-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Shake the product up good, and squeeze some onto an applicator pad. If it comes out uniformally then your good. If it comes out looking like cottage cheese then its time to toss it X_X

As Todd has already mentioned. Cold weather will be your biggest enemy :soldier:

Contact Angelo at PAC when you get ready to order :-c He will be able to guide you in the right direction and help you with any discounts that may be available, thereby saving you major deniro :money::money::money: