PDA

View Full Version : New from Calgary, AB, Canada

Pages : [1] 2

Josiah
12-10-2001, 08:18 PM
Who better to ask then you lot of detailers for suggestions for my upcoming business. I`d love to hear what you think would make a great name for a mobile detailer.

Here are a few of the names on my "brainstorm" list:

Mobile Auto Beauty (I like this one)

Mobile Auto Appearance (to "in use")

Mobile Auto Shine

Obsessive Mobile Detailing (got this idea from you guys :) but I don`t think it will work here)

Any other ideas?

Josiah

Scottwax
12-11-2001, 12:24 AM
Mobile Paint Destroyer? http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Any of them sound fine to me.

Josiah
12-11-2001, 12:31 AM
Hmmm, Mobile Paint Destroyer definitely has a ring to it. :D :bounce

Thanks for the opinion, Scott. Must be nice not having any snow to slow you down, huh? :) I`m hoping for a warm winter here in Colorado, with light snows inbetween so people will want their cars cleaned more. :D

Josiah

Glozz
12-11-2001, 08:32 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Josiah [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Who better to ask then you lot of detailers for suggestions for my upcoming business. I`d love to hear what you think would make a great name for a mobile detailer.

Here are a few of the names on my "brainstorm" list:

Mobile Auto Beauty (I like this one)
Mobile Auto Appearance (to "in use")
Mobile Auto Shine
Obsessive Mobile Detailing (got this idea from you guys :) but I don`t think it will work here)

Any other ideas?
Josiah [/b]</blockquote>
Josiah,

I like the first one on the list. I would include underneath the logo, "Auto Detailing" I would suggest using a "Verdana" font in bold.

Good job!

99323ic
12-12-2001, 12:24 PM
CLEAN CAR with the tag line of Mobile Detailing Service.

P. S. I want royalties :D

Bobby G
12-12-2001, 01:01 PM
How about:

Rolling Details

Details to You

Details on Wheels

Express Detail

db

BradE
12-12-2001, 03:45 PM
Showcarz Mobile Detailing

Lowejackson
12-12-2001, 03:57 PM
Taken to the cleaners

Auto clean-away

Wax in the detail

Paint therapy

Steven

Alfa 164

boywonder
12-12-2001, 05:17 PM
I am actually looking at the name Concours Auto Appearance Centre for mine.

Cool Names I have seen are...

First Impressions

Details, Details, Details

Finishing Touch

ultrajim49
12-13-2001, 06:39 AM
what about :"Ride and shine"

(instead of rise & shine)

Scottwax
12-13-2001, 09:30 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PrinzII [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I am actually looking at the name Concours Auto Appearance Centre for mine.
[/b]</blockquote>
How about Concours Mobile Detailing?

boywonder
12-14-2001, 03:23 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Scottwax [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

How about Concours Mobile Detailing? [/b]</blockquote>
Mobile is a portion. The ultimate goal is to have a stationary detail shop/car wash/detail supply store.

Glozz
12-14-2001, 03:59 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PrinzII [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Mobile is a portion. The ultimate goal is to have a stationary detail shop/car wash/detail supply store. [/b]</blockquote>
Why? It`s very clear to me after doing much research that the "mobile" is a niche of a larger business. The number one thing I`ve heard back from potential customers is "I wish I could have someone come and do my car/truck, instead of dropping it off for several hours or days".

Having a "brick store" raises all the stakes and the price of doing business.

Just a thought :)

Scottwax
12-15-2001, 10:52 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jazzyjack [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Why? It`s very clear to me after doing much research that the "mobile" is a niche of a larger business. The number one thing I`ve heard back from potential customers is "I wish I could have someone come and do my car/truck, instead of dropping it off for several hours or days".

Having a "brick store" raises all the stakes and the price of doing business.

Just a thought :) [/b]</blockquote>
Agreed. It is much easier to clean 5 cars at a wealthy client`s house than for them to drive one car after another to be cleaned at a fixed site. You also will probably have to detail used car lot/auction cars to have the volume needed to stay in business. You also have a lot of fixed costs that don`t go away when weather kills your business for a week.

If it rains all day, I may not make any money, but I don`t have to pay rent on a building either.

Just my thoughts on the subject :D

Jngrbrdman
12-15-2001, 11:40 AM
Before I started my little business (ProAuto Detail) my friend and I were going to open a shop and call it White Glove Detailing. It seemed to fit pretty well. I`ve gotten used to the name ProAuto Detail but in the back of my mind I can still see the sign out front saying White Glove Detailing.

My friend Dylan and I started out washing cars in his driveway. We were really into modifying our cars and we wanted to open a shop and go into business doing it. I always wanted to have a detail shop though so we thought about merging the two. We came up with a great name for the business and for about 2 years I worked under that name. We called it Guido Dylanovich Garage and Car Wash. :D Guido was a nickname I picked up somewhere and his girlfriend called him Dylanovich so it just seemed to fit. I sponsored my brother in one of his demolition derbys and the announcer sort of choked when he read off the sponser list for his car. LOL He had the shinest wreck out there though. ;)