PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_RyDawg
12-10-2001, 06:05 PM
I have a new `02 black Bmw and have washed it probably four times. Already I have numerous small scratches that can be seen under the florescent light. I used a viking mitt and cotton towels to dry.

I`m hoping to apply Klasse AIO and maybe the Pinnacle Souveran this weekend. Should I do anything before applying these to get rid of the scratches?

Also, can somebody help me understand how to use the Miracle Towel. The instructions say to wet the towel, wring it out and then wipe the car dry. No matter how much I wring the towel out, it does not dry the car.

Next, the P21s wheel cleaner didn`t do much to loosen the brake dust when I cleaned my wheels. Am I doing something wrong?

Finally, should I use the Pinnacle leather cleaner conditioner and 303 Aerospace on my interior although my car is new.

Thanks.

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-10-2001, 08:13 PM
the conditioner on "new" leather was just recently debated as to the effects on the clearcoat...etc....the fact that its a new car should not prevent you from starting to care for it right away...to prevent damge...so...i use both the 303 and the PLC(love the smell)...i rotate them....303 every 2 wks...and the PLC about once every 2 mths....search the archives for the clearcoat discussion...

you could try some 3M SMR to get some of the lighter scratches out....just be careful dood...even if you use the great products....you have to watch how hard your pressing...what directions you wipe in...do you try to wipe with a "cleaner" side of the towel each time....or....the scratches could be from the dealer....and once you washed it a few times...you took off all the oily crap they put on to cover it all up....:( ....also

i dont wet the Miracle towel....i wet the Viper if i use it for glass....but dont start drying your car with a wet miracle...unless you slightly dampen it with your favorite QD`er....but either way....the first Mf you use just gets all the big water off...then you should try to foloow with a new dry MF to really get it dry,,,HTH..........

BradE
12-10-2001, 09:10 PM
Do you have the spray P21s or the Gel? Steve reported he did not have very good sucess with the spray, and it also did not remove all the brake dust. :(

As for the scratches, welcome to the world of black cars. They are constant work. You said you use a Viking mitt, was it the 100% cotton mitt? It must say 100% cotton on the packaging and have the cotton logo, or it`s a blended mitt. :down

vettefan67
12-10-2001, 09:19 PM
Hey melhads,

Looks like you`re getting good help so far but I just wanted to add one thing -- why not Klasse SG? You only want to use AIO? If you do only use AIO, I`d recommend doing 2 applications of it as some have reported better results with it.

But for not too much more effort a few coats of KSG (Sealant Glaze) will produce blinding results on a black car! Trust me, I just did it :D

vettefan67
12-10-2001, 10:26 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jazzyjack [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

melhads,

I have a 2001 BMW 330i, and I use an Absorber to knock out most of the water and then two Viper MF towels to get the rest of the water. Sometimes I don`t even use the second towel. I always use them dry. I use the less nappy side to start.

I always start at the top of the car and work my way down. I also do the door jams with a clean towel as not to scratch that paint.

Get rid of the mitt your using, it`s junk. Spend a bit more on a high quality mitt and you`ll be set. [/b]</blockquote>Hey Jazzyjack:

Pretty good advice, but I`d recommend taking some of it yourself ;). I personally wouldn`t use a lower quality, 80/20 MF on my car`s paint, except in the innermost parts of doorjambs. I`d recommend picking up a few Miracle towels from yosteve.com or CMA.

The Viking Mitts are pretty highly regarded around here, but ONLY the 100% Cotton Chenille ones. Search for that term and you`ll find a thread with some pictures of them. If you want to splurge I belive FLONI reviewed a higher end supersize wash mitt in the Product Reviews forum.

Happy Detailing,
puterbum

12-11-2001, 12:27 AM
what does PLC (pinnacle leather care) smell like Floni? Does it smell like new leather, or lousy like leatherique does. Also Does it do a better job than leatherique? I love leatherique but i just hate the smell.

12-11-2001, 12:58 AM
so I can`t help you out with how it smells compared to that. But the PLC smells like Bananas a little to me. Now , it`s not like a strong Banana smell and it`s not only a Banana smell.

Did i confuse you yet:p

Put it this way, I`ve had many, many people ask me what the great smell in my car is and i haven`t ever used any air freshners at all in my car since i started using the PLC. I think you will absolutely love it. It also happens to really soften up the seats to a very cushioney state....How shiny it is depends on how long you let it set up on there and how well you buff it out....

Sorry i couldn`t be more helpful but what something smelss like is so subjective dood. But if you do a search on The Pinnacle leather Conditoner you will fin so many people commenting on the wonderful aroma that your car will have.(and it lasts so long):up

vettefan67
12-11-2001, 12:31 PM
Hey Jazzy:

No disrespect intended. I just went by you saying you used Viper towels, which are 80/20 towels that are definitely inferior to the Miracle towels sold by YoSteve.com and CMA.

I agree that I would not allow most Viking mitts anywhere near my car, but I`ve had good results with the 100% cotton chenille one that can be found at Kragen around here. Which mitt do you recommend?

:)

puterbum

vettefan67
12-11-2001, 12:32 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Was that FLONI using punctuation? Or has his password been stolen by an imposter? :D :p

YoSteve
12-11-2001, 12:42 PM
When in towel rut! do this

Dry intially with towel #1, it`ll get pretty wet. Wring frequently as you`re going around the whole car (make sure to get off all the big water drops) streaks will be left (don`t do this in the sun otherwise the streaks will dry!). Go over the again if you didn`t get all the big drops off.

Then with towel #2 finish up to a dry finish.

Use the #2 for removing AIO haze.

Use the #1 towel (wring out very well!!!!) to remove the SG, follow up with towel #3 (dry).

Continue to do this through every coat of SG (as many times as you wish), #1 (the barely damp one) to get the SG off, finish to smooth perfection with #3.

Make sure to wash your towels.

Keep in mind this is for Klasse removal on top of drying your car.

If you have more than 3 towels you can definately separate your "work load" in order to help yourself out (using fresh towels when you feel one`s been used up).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you`re washing your car, go over the whole car until you get all the big water spots off (wringing as you do or using another towel) and then spray some QD on your towel and car in the second drying pass to a streak free finish.

IMO, Klasse haze is best removed with "denser" microfiber, provided by MT`s the more fibers you have working for you the easier it will be for you.

Hope that helps - Steve

12-11-2001, 07:27 PM
just buy the biggy huge blu CMA MF....like FLONI said,,,...and you wont have to wring anything...wEEEEEEEEEE!!!:up ;) :p

Don2000g
12-12-2001, 08:05 PM
I have a hard time accepting that Steve`s microfiber towels can be of an inferior product to an 80/20 blend. I`m not flaming but would appreciate more info if you have some. Thanks and laters

vettefan67
12-12-2001, 10:30 PM
Why do people disregard doorjams and use nasty 80/20 microfiber on them? I LOVE DOORJAMS!! Why? No swirls there from washing/drying, no fading from the sun, no scratches from inconsiderate people brushing up against the car! I`m going to AIO*2 + KSG * 2 my doorjams within the next week or so as a matter of fact!

LOL just thought this thread needed a little rant:D

Peace,

puterbum

BTW, Don just said what I was trying to say before: I find it hard to believe that any 80/20 towel can be better than the high quality YoSteve sells.

12-12-2001, 11:01 PM
i love them...those little labels that look so brand new(covered with Z2...thx Brad)....jazzy....your gonna love that mitt dood:up :D

vettefan67
12-13-2001, 01:51 PM
You have interpreted me incorrectly. The level you have taken this discussion is not suitable for public conversation. If you wish answers to the "questions" you are asking here, PM me.