PDA

View Full Version : Hello, OctaneGuy here from ShowCarDetailing

Pages : [1] 2

miguelgf
12-09-2001, 09:38 PM
I`ve bought some great stuff thanks to the advice on this board - but conspicuously, I left out the carpets and fabrics in my interior.

To make matters worse, I`ve got a beige interior, and a baby on the way (I know - real genius move to buy beige just in time for a baby).

I`ve done my best to protect against stains, 303 Fabric Guard all over the fabric surfaces. 303 on the vinyl, although I didn`t have the guts to toss it on the leather (I also bought some Leatherique - this stuff worked wonder on my shoes :) but I don`t have the heart to get that smell in my car, which I believe would kill off my new-car smell in a jiffy).

Any recommendations on what I should use to clean the carpets, or remove stains from the fabric? I noticed Eimann Fabrik makes some stuff - but couldn`t figure out which to get.

Last but not least - anyone use Castrol`s Accuvision product on their windshield? I tried using Klasse AIO+SG, and although it makes the windshield look `real purty` - doesn`t exactly do it as far as repelling the rain. Granted - I used to like RainX - but I`ve had waaaay too many hazing issues with it to consider using it again.

TIA for any advice,

-J

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-09-2001, 10:03 PM
never used EF Fabric cleaner....but i usuallu just use EFHI...either diluted or full strength...it gets just about anything out.........BTW...what does the Leatherique smell like??

miguelgf
12-09-2001, 10:31 PM
Leatherique - well, to be honest - I haven`t applied it on a wide area of the car. I figured I`d put it on one headrest, to make sure that it worked well, leave it overnight, then check in the morning.

When I opened up the car in the morning - an unpleasant, almost chemical-like smell emerged from the car. I don`t remember putting anything else that could have smelled that bad in there, so I`m guessing it was the leatherique.

How`s the EFHI? And just how diluted are you supposed to use it? I used to use regular ole` detergent (Tide) mixed with water. Left a nice, fabric softener like smell, and cleaned pretty well. But that was with darker carpets - I`m guessing these will be more high maintenance.

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-09-2001, 10:36 PM
light grey...but to be safe start with 50/50 mix and see how it goes....dont 50/50 the whole thing and waste your time...mix a small amt...50/50...use it on a small area and see if thats strong enough....as far as high maintenance...you did more than 90% of other people by putting the Fabric guard on there already...that stuff is awesome...it really works well endurance wise also...to be safe...after i cleaned sumthin up with the EFHI...i would give it a little squirt of the fabric guard again...just in that area...to be safe....sorry ...paranoia in me:p BTW...congrats on your soon to be newest family member..:up

OctaneGuy
07-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Just wanted to say hello. I joined the forum earlier today and just wanted to say hello. Many of you already know me and for those that don`t, my name is Richard Lin and I am both a manufacturer/inventor and paint polisher. I`ve got a 2200 SF shop in Anaheim, California focusing mostly on black high end cars. I`m a car enthusiast with a 2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S and also a 1988 Toyota MR2.

imported_CH.Detailing
07-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Welcome Richard! TID is chock full of very knowledgeable people, so I`m sure you`ll feel right at home!

OctaneGuy
07-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks Connor! I`m looking forward to it!

Richard

Welcome Richard! TID is chock full of very knowledgeable people, so I`m sure you`ll feel right at home!

imported_doctordon
07-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Welcome Richard. We`re glad to have you as a member of this forum.

imported_trhland
07-23-2010, 06:50 AM
welcome richard. your black wow. is an amazing product as well as your detailing skills.. nice to have you here ......

tom...

imported_Flash Gordon
07-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Welcome to TruthInDetailing Richard. Hope to see you around

Regards,

118 Octane :wizard:

bmw5541
07-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the family Richard. This is a great group of guys here, so enjoy!!

Todd@RUPES
07-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the forum Richard. I remember a write up you did a long time ago on a first gen Mustang. It was one of the inspirational write ups that led me down this road.

It is great to have you here!

imported_Flash Gordon
07-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the family Richard. This is a great group of guys here, so enjoy!!

Not to mention we have more hot chicks then any other detail forum. Isn`t that all that really matters :Dancing Dot:

Regards,

Lust :o

imported_Mindflux
07-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Welcome!! Glad you could join.

Robbo
07-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome OG!

Welcome to the forum Richard. I remember a write up you did a long time ago on a first gen Mustang. It was one of the inspirational write ups that led me down this road.

It is great to have you here!

I remember seeing that one. It was red wasn`t it. Great turn-around. Been a member of SCD for awhile (though I mostly lurk...like I do here hehe).

Rob