PDA

View Full Version : polish

Pages : [1] 2

12-09-2001, 04:55 AM
Check the shine out, that is only after the 3 coats of AIO! When i was uploading the pics the SG was drying.

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-09-2001, 05:11 AM
havent seen too many of those on Autopia....love the black when its treated nice....:up what you gonna put on those tires dood!!!now that your ML is so gorgeous....it makes your tires look older...;) that Ml is "wicked" nice looking....

12-09-2001, 05:18 AM
I am getting new tires soon anyway, but i usually use the meguiars gel. Also I used 2 passes of 3M SMR before the 3 coats of AIO. Can I use meguiars hi-tech yellow #26 wax as a carnuba topper? Thanks for the help everyone!

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-09-2001, 05:21 AM
use that...Blitz...Souveran...whichever you are happy with...use it....im not sure of the endurance of #26....and winter is coming..maybe someone else eho has used it can chime in...good job buddy!!

imported_Dude
12-09-2001, 11:04 AM
Looks fantastic!

jps
12-09-2001, 11:10 AM
The Meguir`s #26 is beautiful - absolutely gorgeous, but does not last as long as some others.

Nice looking ML!

rmccall6
12-09-2001, 12:07 PM
Both blitz and mothers look better than the 26 IMO.

DETAILKING
12-09-2001, 12:07 PM
Love that black.....but...please dress those tires! It will make it look 100% better!

imported_doug
12-09-2001, 01:09 PM
Looks great! Congratulations. Did you SMR by hand or machine? Did you experience any hazing, or did you know in advance to work the product for a long time?

Lemonxxs
12-09-2001, 01:17 PM
Very nice.

I wish they made them MLs bigger though. I like my vehicles like I like my drinks EXTRA LARGE!

miguelgf
12-09-2001, 01:50 PM
Al-

Great to see another ML on here - and with Klasse no less!

Here`s a thread with some pics of mine:

<a href=http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&postid=48062&t=3880">Klasse or Zaino on White thread

For the tires - I really liked Meguiar`s High Endurance tire gel. Some people have complained about it spraying all over - all I can say is apply with one of those sponge `tire swipes` (about $1.99 at any auto retail store) and be very stingy with how much you put on. It comes in two different sheens - matte or high-gloss. And it lasts for *weeks* even with regular driving, and in the rain.

Don`t forget to check out MBNZ (http://forums.mbnz.org/forums/W163/table.asp) for some M-class specific discussions..

PS> Guess - those things are actually much bigger inside than you`d think. I was originally going to bypass the M-class and get something else - but it turned out to be much larger than I had initially thought. Granted - wish they made one the size of the Expedition :) however, where the HECK would I park that in NYC..

YoSteve
12-09-2001, 02:57 PM
nice! I love those cars, looks really kick butt in black.

BTW, what did you use on the plastic parts? Looks nice and shiny too.

12-09-2001, 05:13 PM
I actually used AIO on the plastic too, seeing how they are painted. Also applied AIO to the chrome brush guard, windows, sunroof, and rims. And I am putting new tires on today so I saw no need to apply the tire dressing DK :)

YoSteve
12-09-2001, 05:31 PM
it does work on some one else besides me, good show :)

12-09-2001, 05:41 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Looks great! Congratulations. Did you SMR by hand or machine? Did you experience any hazing, or did you know in advance to work the product for a long time? [/b]</blockquote>
Yea I applied SMR by hand and I rubbed it back and forth until it dried, no hazing that i noticed. I did 2 coats.