PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when a scratch has gone through the paint?

anoy
12-08-2001, 04:25 PM
First time writer long time reader

I have a Toyota Highlander that the dealer had to repaint the hood and repaint the hood. After getting the regional manager involed he had me take to a private paint shop. Toyota does want happy customers.

The paint shop put this Polymer product called Vitreo on it. It looks great put would like to learn more about this product. The Paint Shop said the product is make in New York, my searches show a company PDQ and or Blue Ice International

I am using BlackFire on the rest of the car and will see how long this Vitreo works vs BlackFire

Thanks for any information

Andy

muttgrunt
12-08-2001, 09:19 PM
Hi Andy,

Check out www.carpolishes.com/vitreo.htm or www.carpolishes.com

TBone :)

wabsrck
07-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Title says it all...

imported_CH.Detailing
07-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Can you see sheet metal?

It`s not so much going through the paint that you need to be concerned about, but rather the clear coat. The thickness of an average OEM clear coat is often compared to the thickness of the cellophane wrapper on a pack of cigarettes. With that said, if you can actually feel the scratch by gently dragging the back of your nail across the scratch, it is too deep to completely remove, but can generally be made less noticeable.

imported_detailchick
07-19-2010, 11:36 PM
A magnifying glass also really helps to see.:spy: If you see primer /sealer (usually grey color) your screwed and have to touch up or repaint it.

imported_Flash Gordon
07-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Can you see sheet metal?

A magnifying glass also really helps to see.:spy: If you see primer /sealer (usually grey color) your screwed and have to touch up or repaint it.

Director x3