PDA

View Full Version : Foam Pads with velcro to edge vs notch recessed

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Greg
12-08-2001, 04:19 PM
Just spoke with someone over at CarCarOnline who said never use non-Carnauba products on a new car... impedes paint curing, etc. Any comments?

A4 No More
12-08-2001, 04:25 PM
I sent Sal at Zaino an e-mail last week asking the same question. He replied saying it was perfectly safe and that most auto manufactures use paint the cures within a few hours...

BradE
12-08-2001, 04:27 PM
Zaino will be fine to use on a new car. By the time the car has come to the dealership and you took delivery of it, the solvents in the paint have had plenty of time to evaporate.

Go ahead and Zaino, you will be fine.:up

imported_Greg
12-08-2001, 04:28 PM
What kind of towel should I use for Zaino removal: cotton loop or cotton flannel?

BradE
12-08-2001, 04:29 PM
Cotton Loop. Charisma towels by Fieldcrest work great! :up

DETAILKING
12-08-2001, 04:52 PM
feel that carcareonline`s info is very "old school" biased........

imported_Intermezzo
12-08-2001, 06:37 PM
I just QD`d my car today using Charisma`s and they seem to be marring my sealant. At least I HOPE it`s my sealant layers and not my clear. It`s only really visible under flourescent lights and you have to look carefully. I remember an earlier thread talking about this.

I usually alternate between Charisma`s and MF`s and they have both worked great for me in the past. Looks like I`ll be going back to using MF`s for everything. I hope it`s just something to do with the weather. Great, I just stocked up on Charisma`s too.

imported_Greg
12-08-2001, 07:35 PM
I just bought 6 Fieldcrest Classic white bath towels from Filenes... they feel very soft. Are they OK, or should I only use Charisma?

Also... what type of applicator should I use to apply Zaino with... sponge or cotton loop? Never used it before...

I`m getting leather seats in the new car (BMW) and was just reading some archive posts about leather care... I`m a little confused about this topic. Is it OK to use Lexol or should I

switch over to something like Zaino`s Leather-In-A-Bottle?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

imported_Greg
12-08-2001, 07:43 PM
nt

BradE
12-08-2001, 07:52 PM
Intermezzo330I

I posted a thread a little while back where I was having a problem with Charisma`s marring Zaino. It`s really strange that something so soft could marr anything. But, I have been using some Neatitems MF towels for the last week and I have not seen any marring. So, like you, it look like I will be going back to Microfiber for awhile.

DETAILKING
12-08-2001, 09:15 PM
Z10 has a more factory low gloss look, while lexol has a higher gloss. Use what ever your preference desires. Can`t go wrong with either of them.

TortoiseAWD
12-08-2001, 10:10 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Alan B [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Also... what type of applicator should I use to apply Zaino with... sponge or cotton loop? Never used it before...
[/b]</blockquote>I`ve used both the Zaino cotton terry applicator and Viking foam applicators, and much prefer the foam. IMO, it`s much easier to get a thin, even application from the foam, and I use less product as compared to the terry-covered app.

Also, you might consider giving a microfiber towel a try . . . I have Fieldcrest Charismas (trimmed and serged) and MF towels, and I don`t use my Charismas much anymore. This is personal preference, of course, but it might be worth picking up at least one quality MF to give it a try (CMA`s, YoSteve`s, and neatitems` towels seem to get overal :up from forum members). I have ten neatitems towels, and was lucky enough to get in on the recent group buy for another ten . . . I like `em.

Good luck,
Tort

Lemonxxs
12-09-2001, 12:06 AM
I am a MF junky and strongly suggest you try them. Them have been around for a while and are great.

Maybe the ZFX will help prevent marring from cotton towels due to the quick cure???

ISLANDSBEST
12-09-2001, 01:24 AM
Intermezzo330I -- I think I know the effect you are talking about. If what you are experiencing is what I have experienced, I don`t think its the Charisma marring the Z.

What I have observed is that sometimes, particularly if you have too much Z on top of the paint, is that there is a "smeary" layer on top of the paint. ANYTHING will mush this around, lines will appear in it when it is rubbed, etc. MF has an incredible amount surface area and is almost like a micro-polishing cloth. It picks up a lot of stuff. So, I think it picks up excess Z very effectively and picks up whatever the "smeary, marr-y" stuff is (if it is not just Z). I think it is not that the MF does not marr the surface, it`s that it picks up whatever the Charisma is pushing around.

DETAILKING
12-09-2001, 10:19 AM
If it is.....wash the car in Z7 wash, dry carefully and see if the marring is still in the finish.