PDA

View Full Version : Down economy, watch out...

Pages : [1] 2

ddbrook
12-08-2001, 12:45 PM
How much Zaino Z-10 "Leather in a Bottle" should I be using to do 1 application to bucket leather seats in a 2001 Chevrolet pickup? I know with the other Zaino products it is approx. 1 ounce per coat, but what about Z-10? How much are you using on your leather seats? Thanks

DETAILKING
12-08-2001, 03:36 PM
Use enought to get a nice even satin shine for even coverage. There is no need to apply heavy and buff off residue....just rub it into the leather till it is gone. Sometimes to speed things up, I like to pour a few very thin stripes on the seats and then spread it around and rub in with a thin 100% cotton towel.........A little seems to go a long way.....

BradE
12-08-2001, 03:42 PM
Your bottle of Z10 should last a while. Modern "finished" leather does not need to be conditioned as much as older leather. Actually putting conditioner on it too often will degrade the coating on the seats. The main thing with modern leather is keeping it clean, and then follow up with a quality protectant like 303.

Lemonxxs
12-09-2001, 01:53 AM
I put it on everything leather, vinyl and plastic on my interior. I use either a terry applicator or MF depending on my mood.

It does not take much to cover but I probably use too much anyways because I love the smell.

I am half way finished with a bottle and I have done maybe 4 applications to the entire interior.

I now alternate with 303 and Blackmagic Semigloss dash protectant stuff. I am trying to ween off the Z10 but dayum I love the smell. I might just bite the bullet and buy a case for the heck of it since I do love it the most. I wish he sold it in gallon jugs!

Man it smells good did I say that yet?

BT1
07-17-2010, 08:35 PM
....wife`s truck got broken into, lost her purse - credit cards, license, check book, cell phone, basically all her stuff. What we learned from the deputy was that after reviewing the security video it was clear she was targeted - as soon as she left the truck and headed into the healthclub the bad guys (3 of them) moved in and popped the lock, swiped the goods (left hidden on the floor in the back seat area). So, as a public service, here is what she could have done differently:

1 - bring her valuables into the club, use their lockers in the public area to store them
2 - park closer to the main entrance - she parked way out at the end of a row, near an island with a shade tree (she didn`t want anyone to ding her truck).
3 - she actually had a bad feeling when parking there - she`s kicking herself for not acting on it.
4 - be aware of the surroundings - the bad guys had to be very close, scoping the situation out - awareness at all times.
5 - deputy said it was a common scenario - woman at healthclub, leaves vehicle w/out purse, crooks are smart, they know typically they don`t leave home w/out it - instant target.
6 - she lost the key fob for the alarm - didn`t want to pay for a new one - I don`t think by locking the door w/ the interior button set the alarm. Replacement fob most likely would have set alarm - can`t guarantee anyone would react to it though.....

Anyway, trend for this activity is up, along with home burglaries, in all areas due to economic times.......keep an eye out and pass the word. It was amazing to me as the day progressed just about everyone I spoke to had a similar episode within the last few months. Bummer.....

imported_Flash Gordon
07-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Consumer confidence fell in July to its lowest level since August 09. It seems ppl have hit the reset button/time out. Many consumers are holding onto there money even though prices have dropped for the 3rd straight month on most goods

Core prices have risen only 0.9% over the past year. Thats below the Fed`s inflation target, causing many to fear we are heading for a serious case of deflation that hasn`t been seen since the 1930`s

There is a good chance we will never recover from this

Kind Regards,

Grim Reaper

drdetail
07-18-2010, 06:16 AM
sorry to hear that. what part of florida are you in?

imported_Flash Gordon
07-18-2010, 07:44 AM
If your wife finds it nescecary to carry all her belongings with her and is going to be going to the gym, shopping, lunch, grocery shopping etc. Then instruct her to pull over a few blocks from her destination and put her contents in the trunk at that point. Most of these type burgularies are preformed by ppl caseing a parking lot. When they see a lady put her purse in the trunk and enter the establishment they strike :wizard:

Another thing, when she leaves an establishment she should already have her keys in hand with her purse around her shoulder and placed between her body and arm. She should also look around very good to look for any unscrupelous characters. If she see`s someone that doesn`t look right, this is one time I recommend that she should make eye contact, to they let them know she is aware they are there :toetap05:

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,

McGruff the Crime Dog :blacksmith:

weekendwarrior
07-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Some friends of mine recently had all their belongings stolen while on the beach. They left their beach chairs momentarily to go down to the water to cool off. When they cam back, their belongings, including their beach towels were gone. I assume the reason for someone taking the towels was to conceal the other items.

I am a firm believer that if a thief is caught, they should have onee of their hands removed. If they steal again, the second hand should be removed. On the thid time, they should be executed, and the victim given the option to pull the trigger if they`d like. My own version of the "3 strikes rule".

bill buxton
07-18-2010, 12:42 PM
People are ringing doorbells while parked in home driveways. If the people are presumed not at home they then push in from a back entrance. The ba//s these people have today ha. They load the car "while parked in YOUR driveway with YOUR stuff" and just back out and are gone.This is a big thing going on now. They also "pose" as sale`s people hoping to get a look inside while all the time "looking at what ya have they might want" to take. I have also heard some cleaning Contractors are having "there RELATHIVES" return to a job when no one is home to get some extra items they don`t have. Drug`s are fueling lot`s of the foolishness, and we all know the rest.

It`s a mess for sure, DONT TRUST ANYONE...

imported_pmdureska
07-18-2010, 03:47 PM
flash: you are very right. But there is still time to right the ship. some of the states are making painful choices because they HAVE to. Obama, Reid, Pelosi and the rest of their ilk (someone needs to wipe that stupid grin off her face...oh wait can`t, Botox) plus a a whole slew of the GOP old guard need to be shown the door come november. Those morons in DC (and they are morons) have no clue. They pass a financial reform package but fail to address sallie mae and freddie mac who have bled the treasury to the tune of 120 billion so far and the red ink continues as far as the eye can see. health care reform, cap and trade...does anyone believe anyone in the congress have even read these bills let alone understand them? we have a president and attorney general firing bombs at Arizona and they did not even read a 2 page bill. the only ones who can fix this is WE the PEOPLE! If the politicians know they have to toe the line or be voted out, they will do the will of the people. we`re getting change alright...change for the worse. sorry if i`ve offended anyone by this rant but enough is enough!

BT1
07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
sorry to hear that. what part of florida are you in?
We live in Lutz, crime happened in Northdale. Deputy said popular hot spots have been healthclubs with recent hits at the area Y (just around the corner from the wife`s club), and the LA Fitness up the road.

BT1
07-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Right on Flash, exactly what the deputy said - you see someone that looks like they are out of place, look at them to let them know you see them.

Also, from the tape it appears they were casing the lot....good advice on not making a public spectacle of locking things in the trunk.

drdetail
07-18-2010, 07:12 PM
We live in Lutz, crime happened in Northdale. Deputy said popular hot spots have been healthclubs with recent hits at the area Y (just around the corner from the wife`s club), and the LA Fitness up the road.

never heard lutz. google mapped it and see its near tampa

Old Pirate
07-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Just north of Tampa City limits.