PDA

View Full Version : egale one all wheel staind my wheesl

Pages : [1] 2

texaggie1
12-06-2001, 10:32 PM
Just got done with 1 x GEP, 3 x AFPP. Aplied with the MF? Pad supplied by CMA. Finish is glass smooth, but I did notice some orange carryover from the paint to the applicator even on the third coat of AFPP. Is this normal? How soon can I use BF QD?

rmccall6
12-06-2001, 11:09 PM
Yeah, i think the color is normal, BF is suposedly very safe your for car, only about 15% of very refined solvent (Terrys words). As far as the QD, some have gone over the car right after theyre done and sad it brought out some more shine. I just used it after a wash to test it out, it really made the car look great, maybee even better than when it was freshly detailed. Theres no waitng time, just when your car is little dusty or needs that freshly detailed shine after a wash. Glad to see you like the BF, im very pleased with it.

vettefan67
12-07-2001, 12:23 AM
Getting paint color on your applicator on the <em class=`bbc`>third coat[/i] really makes me wonder. If this stuff is on top of your paint, it should be protecting you against transfer of paint color, am I correct? So the only way this could happen is:

a) The Blackfire AFPP absorbed the color of the paint and a small amount of the (orange) first/second coats of AFPP transferred onto your applicator pad.

b) The Blackfire AFPP dissolves some of the previous AFPP application, allowing your applicator pad to get all the way to the paint, which the solvents attack mildly. Whether or not the previous coats of AFPP reattach to the paint I do not know but I know they layer fine..

c) You missed spots. Self-explanatory.

I`m sure there are more options... How much of the color came off onto the pad? Is it like using PPCL, SMR, FI-II or what? Just curious how much comes off because this means it`s gradually thinning your paint (think VERY SLOWLY, more than smr i`d guess).

vettefan67
12-07-2001, 12:31 AM
I was kind of wondering what kind of car a Kubota was, so I searched around. Here`s a pic.

<em class=`bbc`>click pic for info ;)[/i]
http://www.kubota.com/ggardenf.gif (`http://www.kubota.com/ggardenfeatures.cfm`)

YoSteve
12-07-2001, 12:41 AM
nice pic

banzaitoyota, nice moustache in the pic ;)

is that even grass?

looks like zaino on that finish

;)

DETAILKING
12-07-2001, 12:44 AM
I would expect something like that for the polish, but not the sealant....which one turned it orange?

vettefan67
12-07-2001, 12:56 AM
I believe he mentioned it was on the 3rd coat of AFPP (sealant).

ISLANDSBEST
12-07-2001, 01:35 AM
That would be odd for the applicator to pick up color on the THIRD coat of sealant. There is something amiss.

texaggie1
12-07-2001, 07:18 AM
It happened on all 4 coats. It may have something to do with the dwell time between coats at 10-15 minutes each. I used a new section of pad for each application and I got color transfer each time. Nowt a lot just enought to make me go.... HMMMM.

The tractor previously had klasse twins applied to it. I`ll try to post some pics of the pad later.

texaggie1
12-07-2001, 09:13 AM
An update:

Just got off the phone with CMA.

Their response: Just oxidation, don`t worry about it

I am still trying to figure this one out.

I did not experience this with Klasse AIO or SG

I`ll put another coat of AFFP on tonight and see what it does..My initial response is BF may be too aggresive for single stage (I.E. non-clearcoated) finishes

vettefan67
12-07-2001, 09:25 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences and please keep us updated. It`s good to finally start hearing bad things about Blackfire. That means we can at last start learning about it!

mx5
12-07-2001, 09:26 AM
It claims to be water based and only have a mild solvent. How bad can it be. Since it is a tractor, maybe there is some bad chemical reaction with the fertilizer residue that could be on the tractor. :) Or maybe Klasse could be to blame. Maybe the solvents in Klasse AIO are too strong for one stage paint. Or the acrylilc\polymer left on the paint causes breakdown of the paint.(I am not a paint expert, just thinking out loud.) Perhaps someone could do a test on a single stage painted car, instead of some big lawn mower. :)

YoSteve
12-07-2001, 09:32 AM
is it a MF pad or no? the terry ones are usually closed loop and a tad not as soft and less durable

and then when you used to Klasse it, what applicator did you use for that.

try this experiement, if you like, leave a glob on there, let it set there for an amount of time (like 20 min) and the wipe the glob off with a clean paper towel or something (only cause it`s a riding mower) then try the same with something like SG. I would tend to think the solvents in SG could break up some paint and the fact that BF is waterbased would make for lesser breaking up, but hey you never know what else is in there.

texaggie1
12-07-2001, 09:35 AM
JUST A TRACTOR!!!!!....BLASPHEMY

The solvent in AIO is not exhibiting color transfer

Just the BF system.

This weekend I will do a side by side comparison of BF and Klasse on a single stage red hyundai with very oxidized paint.

I will divide the trunk and roof into 4 quadrants each and perform identical prep to each prior to application of the products.

Lemonxxs
12-07-2001, 09:55 AM
Maybe the Kuboto has crappy paint????

A tractor is a "mechanized-lawn-trimming-get-away-from-the-wife-tool"

Make it shine and install the beer holder!