PDA

View Full Version : D?tail `n inguistics

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_BretFraz
12-06-2001, 07:42 PM
As I had posted somewhere previously, I contacted Eagle One and asked about the status of their Satin Finish Tire Shine, aka Concours Tire Dressing. I had thought it was still available on their website but was pointed out to me that was no longer the case.

Following is response #1 from Eagle One after I asked, "what`s the deal?"

<em class=`bbc`>Bret,
Thank you for your support and inquiry about Eagle One products. Your question seems to be a popular one lately. As you mentioned, the Eagle One Satin Finish Tire Shine is very difficult to find. The reason for this is that the demand for our Wet Tire Shine was far over the Satin Finish. Because of this, many retailers stopped ordering this product, causing it to be discontinued. However, our Interior/Exterior Protectant is almost the same formula, provides the same shine, and a little longer lasting effects. If you are looking for a replacement product, the Protectant should out perform the Satin Finish Tire Shine. Please contact me directly if you have any further questions regarding our products.[/i]

Well, I did have a few extra questions, not all related to Satin Finish. But I did want a further clarification of their distribution, noting that I had been using Concours for almost 15 years and hated to see it go. Here`s response #2:

<em class=`bbc`>Bret,
I know what you mean about the dissapointment in seeing the
distribution of Concours diminish. It seems that the majority of consumers have decided they want the ultra-glossy finish. While most enthusiasts don`t feel this way, a decision was made to stop production of Concours. Of course we didn`t want to lose customers that like the Concours, so before production halted, we designed a product (Protectant), that would offer the same finish and be equivalent or better to Concours. We feel we accomplished it as Protectant is still water-based, offers the satin
finish, and protects better. While the product does offer some some UV protection, it`s main purpose was for keeping vinyl, rubber, and plastics looking great and lasting long. We still have a small surplus of Concours in our warehouses, but I would recommend trying Protectant first, just to see how you feel about it compared to Concours. If you decide that you still want Concours you can always order it direct from us.[/i]

Since Satin Finish is no longer on their website it can`t be ordered that way. I have not asked them how to order it as I do not have an urgent need for it. I can pass along the reps contact info for those of you who want ordering info.

Bottom line: The product is discontinued and except for whatever`s leftover, there ain`t no more. If your local supplier or fave online merchant has some and you love it, I say get all you can while you can.

Hope all this answers your questions about Eagle One Satin Finish Tire Shine.

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-06-2001, 07:47 PM
:up really dood...nice following up with them....that sucks...i didnt even get to ty it.....are you considering using their protectant instead in the future...

dtraylor
12-06-2001, 08:01 PM
Is this the protectant he is talking about?

http://www.eagleone.com/products/products.asp?catid=5004&itemid=1029 (`http://www.eagleone.com/products/products.asp?catid=5004&itemid=1029`)

JasonC8301
12-06-2001, 08:15 PM
I got a 4 pack of samples from Eagle One from the UPS guy earlier this week.

Its has

1. 2 oz package of WET polish+wax.

2. .5 oz of their wet car wash

3. .5 oz of their protectant (the one that seems to be the replacement for the Eagle one concours, if you tried the concours and want this to sample I`ll send it over in the mail.)

4. and .5 oz of their wet tire dressing.

plus coupons for discount on future EO product size purchases.

Took me 4-6 weeks to get my package I think.

Jason

BradE
12-06-2001, 08:21 PM
Man, that sucks. How come everytime there is a good product a company either quits making it or they change the forumla. Oh well, I have 2 bottles right now. I guess I will be going back to that classic car shop and buy the rest of the Concours they have. :)

imported_BretFraz
12-06-2001, 08:22 PM
Grant, yep that`s it. If I find it locally while on one of my detailing "hunter / killer" missions, I`ll snag a bottle. But I am swimming in dressing and protectants now so it`s not like I need more.

Right now I have two bottles of Concours, a gallon of E1 Pro Detail Maxgloss dressing (like Concours but glossier), Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber protectant, and Vinylex.

Awww, what the hell..... another bottle ain`t gonna hurt.

offcenter
12-06-2001, 08:31 PM
<strong class=`bbc`>I tried the sample of the protectant lotion. It ROCKS. It is not slimy, smells like cherry, it`s easy to apply without overspray and looks great on tires and vinyl[/b] :up

DETAILKING
12-06-2001, 09:08 PM
might be the same stuff! Old manufacturing trick.....hehe

I would try that out and see if it performs the same..........

Bob Post
12-07-2001, 07:35 AM
EO is great stuff, I`m not down with the really glossy stuff, even though I thought I would be. I better buy what CMA has left of EO Concourse!!

offcenter
12-07-2001, 09:26 AM
Wet tire shine more popular according to EO? I can`t believe it. I tried the Wet Tire Shine and it sucked. I have a bottle I will never use again. A greasy mess that slung all over and turned all my applicators black. The Protectant Lotion is in a different league. Easy to apply, not greasy and a good satin finish. Wish I could trade the bottle of EO Wet Tire Shine for EO Protectant Lotion.:(

Lemonxxs
12-07-2001, 09:50 AM
You have to remember their main sales probably come from the auto part stores and such. There people are not detailing nuts like us. And they probably like the "dipped my tires in motor oil shine" better.

Marketing rules the world again!

Brad B
12-07-2001, 10:07 AM
It is still available in limited quantities at EagleOne Industries. I just ordered several bottles for myself. They were very understanding and helpful.

Eagle One 760-602-2238
www.eagleone.com

BradE
12-07-2001, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the tip Brad, I really like this product also. I am going to stock up on it while it`s still available. :up

Lemonxxs
12-07-2001, 10:26 AM
How much a bottle? How big is bottle?

I have been looking for it since I heard about it here but I cannot find it. Now I know why.

But should I get hooked on it now knowing they don`t make it any more?

Hmmm.

BradE
12-07-2001, 10:28 AM
Guess,

The bottles are 18oz sprays. I really like the product, it kinda sucks they are not going to make it anymore.:(