PDA

View Full Version : Uber pads

maxshine
12-04-2001, 11:03 AM
Now that I have my Max 1-AIO, 3-SG`d. I`d like to add some protection to my 94 Toyota Pickup. I clayed it, Cleaned it (Body Scrub), and Polished it but still have the tiny `water spots/ acid rain` marks so I`ve kinda given up for now - but otherwise the surface is in great shape.

I want a one step, no cure time product that I could apply twice yearly at the most. Looking for opinions:

Liquid Glass, Meg. # 20, Klasse AIO, etc.

Thanks

Josiah
12-04-2001, 11:24 AM
Meguiar`s no. 20 is easy to apply and remove. I just apply it, clean the windows or start the interior, and in 10-15 minutes buff it out. Dependong in the weather, it buffs out easily.

The Sealent Glaze is protection in itself too. That is all I have on my car right now, until I top it with Souveran. AIO is more of a cleaner, and now that you have SG on the car you don`t need to reapply it.

Josiah

mx5
12-04-2001, 11:36 AM
Liquid Glass is a good long lasting durable product that gives a great shine, can be layered after a couple of hours of curing in the sun, has a minty smell, but it just creates a lot of dust when rubbing off. Klasse AIO is easy to apply and rub off, but cleans your paint better. Some say you should let your application cure at least for a day before applying another coat of either Klasse AIO or SG, but I find one coat after another works very well. In my initial reaction I thought Liquid Glass was a better cleaner, but now I realize Klasse AIO is better. For the price I find Klasse and Liquid Glass to be a little more durable than the #20. But that could be due to the way I applied each product. #20 is also very easy to apply and rub off, and does not require any cure time in my experience. Klasse AIO gives the best shine out of all three. You may want to look into the new Blackfire which I have not tried and requires no cure time at all.

YoSteve
12-04-2001, 05:26 PM
Every one in my family uses AIO and they do it twice a year. The protection and shine really shows. I love that stuff. I little goes a long way and it lasts long too.

I have my sister apply AIO two coats one weekend, then two coats the following, and believe me there is a noticable difference between each coat. BTW, you can also do the windows with your left over applicator and a little more water, great for that too.

imported_Intermezzo
12-04-2001, 05:51 PM
AIO is the way-2-go. :D

1. Provides a base for carnauba. I personally enjoy trying out different waxes on top of AIO, but I guess this point may not be relevant in your case.

2. It Cleans. Just work it in a little more than you normally would...sort of like working in PPCL. I find that this enhances AIO`s cleaning properties.

3. It Protects. For your second coat, just apply it like a normal wipe-on, wipe-off protectant...using less pressure than the first coat.

It`s versatile!!...hence the name

rstype
12-04-2001, 10:16 PM
Heard a few positive reviews from Liquid Glass and Auto Int. One-Step. Klasse All-in-one is very good too!

Mobilejay
07-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Okay I give up. For the last few days I have been searching 3 different forums trying to figure out which are the uber foam pads everyone is talking about. I have looked on PAC but nothing says "uber foam pads" am I missing something?
Also what is it about these pads that make them better than the Hydro pads or the LC CCS pads? Thanks guys, I tried to find info but couldn`t.

Mobilejay
07-07-2010, 05:26 PM
I did realize however, that I`m not the only one that uses the word uber in regular sentences. LOL

Old Pirate
07-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Their from another forum, that we don`t carry MJ. To tell you the truth I have not use them or tested them. :wizard:

imported_Mindflux
07-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Uber pads are sold elsewhere and are relabeled Buff and Shine pads. They are my favorite pad brand presently.

Mobilejay
07-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Okay thanks for the info guys.

imported_Bunky
07-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Cyclo 4-in pads are also buff and shine variants.

Todd@RUPES
07-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Uber Pads are sold by Phil at Detailers Domain. I have also heard that they are made by Buff and Shine. I have not used the Uber pads (although I have some older Buff and Shine pads) but the pad design seems very well thought out.

In particular the pads have a cut back hook `n` loop as well as curved or rolled edges, similar in design to our Hi-Gloss pads by Lake Country.

Mobilejay
07-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks Todd, and everyone else for the help.

imported_porta
07-08-2010, 05:47 PM
As said before, they are made by "Buff and shine" and they are pretty good. I use these pads along with Menzerna and Lake country pads.