PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Compound Spray

Pages : [1] 2

AD Qi
12-04-2001, 07:39 AM
I`m ordering a PC 7424 polisher today from Coastal Tool.com ($115.00). What accessarys should I get? Who has the best prices? I know I need extra pads for applying and buffing. Which pads do what?

Also, any hints and tips on using the PC will be appreciated.

Preachers Sheets
12-04-2001, 08:01 AM
I like the setup of:

two backing plates

one yellow pad

two white pads

two black pads

I remove everything by hand so I don`t use the cotton bonnets.

I like the two backing plates so I don`t need to remove the applicator pads from the backing plate to apply the other. Just like anything else velcro if you keep removing it, the sticky part of the pad will get weaker and weaker.

picorrect
12-04-2001, 08:01 AM
You need the backing plate and I`d get the 6" counterweight too. It`s less than $2.00

You can order both those pieces from Coastal. As far as pads, get them from Classic Motoring Accessories (`http://properautocare.com/bufpol.html`)

My PC is coming today from Coastal. Woohoo!!!

Mobilejay
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
So the polish spray is out and people have been using it. Has anyone had a chance to try out the compound spray? I am curious to see what this stuff is like and how the cut compares to the Menz products. Thanks

EastsideAutoSpa
07-05-2010, 09:34 PM
I would like to see some reviews on this as well

imported_glfahlc
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
i`ve used it and i was quite impressed on the job it did on my f150. cut like super intensive and finshed like final polish. now i tried it on my wife`s jet black bimmer and couldnt get the same action as i did on ford paint.

bmw5541
07-06-2010, 01:07 PM
i`ve used it and i was quite impressed on the job it did on my f150. cut like super intensive and finshed like final polish. now i tried it on my wife`s jet black bimmer and couldnt get the same action as i did on ford paint.

Did you use a rotary or DA? Also, what pad did you use? I have seen very nice results with a ratary and wool pad, but haven`t seen anything with a DA.

Mobilejay
07-06-2010, 01:14 PM

I thought that was the Hyper Polish spray, not the Hyper Compound spray

imported_glfahlc
07-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Did you use a rotary or DA? Also, what pad did you use? I have seen very nice results with a ratary and wool pad, but haven`t seen anything with a DA.

i use a makita 9227

imported_glfahlc
07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I thought that was the Hyper Polish spray, not the Hyper Compound spray

you are correct my friend,.. didn`t know there was a difference... i stand corrected

Mobilejay
07-06-2010, 09:06 PM
lol no its cool, I had to go and check to make sure that I wasn`t out of my mind. I saw your post on the polish spray, I had been wondering about that as well so thanks for that post.

Is the compound spray still too new where no one has tried it yet?

imported_Stokdgs
07-07-2010, 03:28 PM
I too am curious to find out what happened to the Optimum Hyper Spray Compound - saw it on the PAC Site briefly and then it disappeared - what happened to this, Angelo ??
Pls advise..

Dan F

Old Pirate
07-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Dan, the product in question has not been released yet to us. We have a order in for it at this time and about the other sites you might want to ask them what happen.:wizard:

imported_Stokdgs
07-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Hmmmm, other sites? Could have sworn it was PAC where I saw it... Maybe it was ----, or -------------, or ----------------------, or ???????????????:)
DanF

Todd@RUPES
07-08-2010, 08:45 AM
My testing of the Hyper Polish would place it as slightly less aggressive then Menzerna PO203 (Power Finish), though it seems much easier to use. Wipe off is an absolute breeze!

Hyper Compound to me has slightly more cutting power then Menzerna SIP but significantly less then Meguiar`s M105. However I have heard of some people getting M105 like cutting power from it, David Fermani and I experimented with all types of methods and procedures and could not replicate those results.

I still need more practice with the products before I drawn and final conclusions.