PDA

View Full Version : G`day from Australia !!

imported_Eric
12-03-2001, 07:34 AM
I purchased a new vehicle last december and a week or two later applied a glaze and #26. Since that time I have waxed the vehicle probably about 10 times with the #26. The car is not a garage queen, but it is kept under a carport.

Since it continues to look very good (to me)-is there a need to remove the wax, apply a glaze to norish the paint and start over. I am not a perfectionist with looks. I am interested in the protection and long term well-being of the finish. What continuing maintenance to the finish would you suggest, considering it is not a garage kept showcar? I do wash once a week and FI it say twice a week.

Thanks

Reflections Damon
07-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Hi Everyone, Figured this looked like a good place to start and introduce myself. My name is Damon I live on the Gold Coast of Queensland in Australia and have been a detailer all my working life. In Australia we only get about a tenth of the detailing products that you guys get to choose from so I figured what better place to get an idea of what works and what doesn`t than right here!! Some of the products we are just starting to see are the Blackfire polishes,and I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on these products, good, bad, easy or hard to use etc... I`d very interested in what people have to say as this sounds like a product I`d like to try but I am a little unwilling until I know more.
Thanks hope to get to know you all and look forward to sharing ideas and tricks with everyone!!:)

Old Pirate
07-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Welcome to TID Damon, glad to see folks from Australia join us here. Yes we do have many more product`s here and any questions please be free to ask and someone will help you how. :wizard:

bmw5541
07-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Welcome to TID Damon. You have found a great forum here. All the guys on this forum are the best.

As for the Blackfire products, I couldn`t recommend them enough. They are all so easy to use, and produce amazing results. In particular, the BFWD is the best sealant that I have ever used. It looks great and it leaves a very slick surface.

Nice to have you here.

imported_Flash Gordon
07-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Welcome from the land down under, I am always hating on you guys when we are going thru are cold Winters, you are enjoying your hot Summers. Hope to see you around mate