PDA

View Full Version : New to Tampa

Pages : [1] 2

boywonder
12-01-2001, 10:01 PM
Vehicle: Black C1500 Pickup

The owner of this pickup had already 2x AIO, 2x KSG. I was curious as to how this wax looked on top of Klasse. So, for grins, we decided to test it on his Klassed tailgate to see how much the finish was enhanced.

After he applied it to his truck, we both had the same reaction. We were gazing at how wet the finish looked on the Klasse. He told me that the wax went on easily and was easy to remove.

Sidenote: When they smelled the wax, they joked that it smelled like something they would eat. My 19 year old niece thought it was candy. :D

Don2000g
12-10-2001, 12:17 AM
So how did you rate it? What did you like or not like?

boywonder
01-07-2002, 05:06 PM
After applying it to the Maxima, I saw how wet the finish looked after it was layered on top of the Klasse. :D

dengelson
01-07-2002, 05:54 PM
I had the chance recently to compare the shine of 3M paste wax and Souveran in two ways. First was on a panel that had been SMRed and already had the 3M wax on it. On this panel I applied Souveran on one half of the panel directly over the 3M wax. If I look closely, using that discriminating eye thang, the shine looks the same from a perpendicular angle but from a shallower angle (like when you are looking for unwiped wax) I could see that the light reflected in the Souveran side looked more moist and less dry/hazy. Kinda like using a polarizing lens.

Then I used the two waxes on top of a panel that I had just put PPCL on. Again the Souveran made the black look blacker and wetter. The 3M also polished to a fine luster that looked like more of a candy coated hard shell. Both nice but different. As well I had hoped considering the 3M is less than 1/4 the price of the Souveran.

Don2000g
01-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the Pinnacle Souveran fan club. It is indeed a great wax. My favorite so far. Laters

boywonder
01-16-2002, 05:07 PM
I think I will let this be my "Showoff" wax. :D

Don2000g
01-16-2002, 11:57 PM
Some people complain that the Pinnacle Souveran is too pricey. Although, it is more costly than most other carnaubas, it really does last a long time. You can get a whole lot of coats with it. Great wax.

dengelson
01-21-2002, 05:42 PM
Now that I`ve used Souveran a few times on my black car I have found that I like to let it really dry to a haze and then buff it off. The instructions say that isn`t necessary but I think that it works better because the residue removes more completely without streaking.

How are you doing it?

Don2000g
01-21-2002, 07:22 PM
If you get less streaks that way, then by all means use it that way.

imported_Intermezzo
01-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Short Cut, I prefer doing it that way too. I `feel` as if I`m getting a more complete application and it`s much easier to see where I`ve already buffed. Also, I can go much faster since I don`t need to switch between holding an applicator and MF towel when done with a panel.

imported_killerjg
01-23-2002, 11:20 PM
That`s funny, last week I let it dry. This week I used it like PPG and liked it better.:confused: I wasn`t expecting the, ever so little white residue I encountered when letting it dry. So I opted for the quick wipe.

I330I an extra arm to not have to swap would be nice!

dengelson
01-26-2002, 11:00 PM
Ok I know this is nit picking but after using Souveran today I thought to myself that it would be better if the container that it comes in was shallower but wider like a can of Blitz. With the taller narrower container as I use the wax I`m making a big pit in the center but not on the sides. When I try to wipe from the sides the whole hunk of wax spins in the container. :sosad

AJMartin0321
06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey guys! I just discovered this forum after finding about about CMA being located in Tampa. I just moved here, and had the pleasure of meeting Angelo today while picking up a gallon of ONR. It sure is nice to just go pick this kind of stuff up. I`m a true rookie with paint correction and other related aspects of auto care, but hope to learn a ton here. I have been bitten by the bug and already envision any time not spent studying (med school) will be spent giving my big silver Dodge the TLC that her previous owner neglected to give. Now I have to go get the polish dust off of my truck and apply my LSP. :wink:

bmw5541
06-24-2010, 01:28 PM
AJ,

Welcome to TID. This is a great place to learn everything that you ever wanted to know about detailing. Lots of great people on these boards. You are very lucky to live so close to PAC, and Angelo is the BEST!!!!!!I am jealous that you live so close to PAC, but I guess that if I was that close, I would be broke real fast.

Let us know if we can help you with anything.:Dancing Dot:

imported_Flash Gordon
06-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Welcome to TruthInDetailing AJ. Hope to see you around :wizard: