PDA

View Full Version : PC Duty Cycle

rmccall6
12-01-2001, 07:19 PM
I received the Blackfire QD in the mail (i didnt order it with the polish/protectant for some dumb reason). Here are my impressions.

Pros: Thick consistance - no dripping

nice smell - like tropical fruit! mmmmmmmm

little to no steaks - always a plus

Cons: Slightly pricey - less so than Crystal Mist, more than EF CP

Spray head has "stream"- easily made this accident

tacky feel - makes buffing out harder (not imposible)

The Blackfire QD follows the rest of its polymer based line, which is to say it produces outstandiong results with one or two minor setbacks. The spray head has a nice even mist. It is thick and tacky so it wont drip but the MF towel didnt glide across the surface during removal. You can tell the QD contains some protections polymers in it because it behaves kinda like a wax/sealent. After you mist the panel and spread/soak up most of the QD, it begns to dry, and is then easily buffed out. If you miss a few spots when buffing you will get streaks but otherwise its great in this regard. Im sure this product would`ve solved the slightly stuborn removal of the BF protectant. The resulting shine was great, deep and wet, and easily broght back that just detailed look. The feel is nice, but not as buttery as a wax based QD. I recoment this product. :up

offcenter
12-01-2001, 07:46 PM
Good review, nice to hear you don`t eat red meat:

<little to no steaks - always a plus >

Just kidding;)

Don2000g
12-10-2001, 12:15 AM
Pretty good post Brad.

Now let me ask you something. What is t he best HDTV system for under $2,000 that offers a mimimum of a 42 inch screen? Thanks in advance buddy.

CodyB36
06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Have you guys ever had problems with your PC not wanting to do the whole job in one run? I ran into some problems tonight while working on polishing out defects. It seems like my PC got too hot and needed to cool down after doing each side of the car.

Todd@RUPES
06-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Have you guys ever had problems with your PC not wanting to do the whole job in one run? I ran into some problems tonight while working on polishing out defects. It seems like my PC got too hot and needed to cool down after doing each side of the car.

Never, I own a PC7242 and the original Meguiar`s G110 (which is a 7242) as well as the new Meguiar`s G110v2 and PC-XP, and have never had a problem like you describe, and I `abuse` my tools. The only problem I have ever run into (briefly) was the power cord in the Meguiar`s G110 would only work at certain angles (similar to the power cord problem with the Makita rotary).

What is your Porter Cable doing to make you think this?

gmblack3
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
So it did not stop?

Just keep going, they take a beating. :notworthy:

Freddotron
06-24-2010, 04:36 PM
My xp could run at full speed all day long and hardy get warm.

CodyB36
06-24-2010, 05:07 PM
I`m beginning to think mine could be having some problems then. Maybe I will trade it at the store for a new one.

The symptoms: After I got finished with about 1/3 of the car I noticed a good bit of heat and turned it off to let it rest. When I picked it back up to finish the rest it was still warm and wouldn`t turn on but when I hit the switch off the motor rotated a little.

I have the 7346sp which is the exact same specs as the 7424xp except it comes with a sanding pad.

imported_Flash Gordon
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I`m beginning to think mine could be having some problems then. Maybe I will trade it at the store for a new one.

The symptoms: After I got finished with about 1/3 of the car I noticed a good bit of heat and turned it off to let it rest. When I picked it back up to finish the rest it was still warm and wouldn`t turn on but when I hit the switch off the motor rotated a little.

I have the 7346sp which is the exact same specs as the 7424xp except it comes with a sanding pad.

Sounds like you have a short in the system. Unplug the unit from the wall so you don`t burn the house down :redface:

Puckman
06-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I`ve had my 7336 for about 8 years now and not a single problem. The Hitachi rotary on the other hand overheats and occassionally overspeeds when it gets hot. Shut her down, let it cool off and she`s fine!