PDA

View Full Version : Professionals In Chattanooga, Tn

shinnster
12-01-2001, 04:19 AM
hello everyone,

I just discovered this forum and i can`t say enough about it. I feel like i`ve found a bunch of others like me who love their cars finish.

ANyway, somone keyed my car a few weeks ago, from the hood all along the side all the way into my rear taillight. Most of the scratchs are pretty deep, down under the clear coat, but still not too much under there, (most i can`t catch my fingernail on) I went to a body shop(really good reputation) and they said they could wet sand it down.

I was wondering would this adversly affect the way the finish look.

Basically i just needs some words of advice or comfort or something.

By the way, it`s a silver jetta, just so you know. 9 months old. finish is still great.

Pleas help me out,

Thanx

imported_BretFraz
12-01-2001, 10:26 AM
Hopefully Ron K will chime in and give an idea of how thick VW paint is. But if it`s been keyed, what other options are there besides wetsanding or a repaint?

Reputation of the shop is paramount. But don`t expect a miracle. If they can make serious improvements and not add to the damage, I`d think that`s as good as it will get for now.

I used to wetsand cars in the 80s, mostly M-B, BMW, Porsche, etc. Thy responded well to it. But todays cars? "Care" is the operative word.

Best of luck.

Lou_28
06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Hello All,
With the purchase of my first completely new vehicle, I am hesitant about doing full detail and paint correction. So, I would like to know if anyone has contact info for professionals in the Chattanooga, preferably northeast side. Thanks!

Lou

bmw5541
06-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Hello All,
With the purchase of my first completely new vehicle, I am hesitant about doing full detail and paint correction. So, I would like to know if anyone has contact info for professionals in the Chattanooga, preferably northeast side. Thanks!

Lou

Lou,

First of all, welcome to TID. You will learn a lot here in a short time, so you will feel comfortable soon.

If you need a local detailer, call Angelo at PAC and he might be able to point you in the right direction. He knows a lot of detailers all over the country.

Good luck:thumbup:

Lou_28
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Barry,
Thanks for the replay. Now showing my ignorance/niaveness, what does PAC stand for?

bmw5541
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Barry,
Thanks for the replay. Now showing my ignorance/niaveness, what does PAC stand for?

Sorry Lou,

PAC stands for Proper Auto Care. They are the owners of the forum and they also have a internet site http://www.properautocare.net to purchase all of your detailing supplies. They are a great bunch of people, and are always looking to help all of us with any of our needs. If you look at the top of the page on the forum, you will see a link for Shop PAC Site. You can click on that link and it will take you to their website.

imported_Flash Gordon
06-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I am thoroughly convinced Tennessee is full of nothing but hack detailers

Kind Regards,

Al Gore

Lou_28
06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Flash,
That`s some serious harsh words coming from the west side. Ha ha.

Lou