PDA

View Full Version : Whats your paint detailing process?

Pages : [1] 2 3

YoSteve
11-30-2001, 01:12 PM
What`s everyone doing for detailing this weekend. I`m going to wash and probably put a coat of Souveran (if it stops raining) Supposedly it`s going to be 50`s all week in Ohio next week, VERY unseasonable weather, but we can`t complain :) x-mas shopping too: 1 for me, 1 for you, 2 for you, 1, 2, for me :D

BTW, if you`ve been to the autopia chatroom it looks vaguely familiar ;)

Lemonxxs
11-30-2001, 01:18 PM
Gonna try and wash today.

D-Day museum tomorrow and maybe the Children`s museum as well. I will be kinda busy.

Steve come on down and do my truck for me I trust ya. Maybe I will let you drive it too. And take this weather you gave us back darn 50`s here whats up with that?

YoSteve
11-30-2001, 01:21 PM
Guess, you`re lucky you`re at 50°, if we had the weather we`re supposed to be having, you`d be even more screwed.

JonB
11-30-2001, 01:26 PM
I am going to wash my cars. They have a lot of dust built up on it since it hasn`t rained in about 2 weeks. I just hope it cools off a bit so I can do a couple more panels of Blackfire.

Can any of these products we use be used on stainless steel? I am getting a new refrigerator and stainless steel sometimes shows fingerprints. I thought a coat of AIO might help that.

H

Lemonxxs
11-30-2001, 01:31 PM
BIGBOYHF,

I thought BF could be applied in the sunlight or was did I read something wrong in another thread?

I am curious is all since it is always sunny here for the most part.

Preachers Sheets
11-30-2001, 01:42 PM
Was the car, clean the windows and apply one layer of Glaze. If I don`t think I am going to be layering anymore glaze for the winter season (I think I have 5 on there now), I will just wax the car once a week from here on.

:bounce

BradE
11-30-2001, 02:03 PM
It looks like it`s finally going to stop raining this weekend, so wash the Lincoln Saturday, and then the Explorer Sunday. Probably will add another layer to the Explorer for a little more extra winter protection. :up Don`t know how many more chances I`ll get before the el crapo weather hits.

imported_memnuts
11-30-2001, 02:40 PM
I`ll probably try cleaning and Z1,Z2 and Z6 the the rims this weekend and one coat of Z2/Z6 on the paint. I really need to drive this garage queen since the weather is going to be in the upper 60`s and save all this detailing for the pending bad weather over the next few months.:rolleyes:

boywonder
11-30-2001, 02:59 PM
Considering it`ll be close to 50, I may wash the car, put 2 more coats of SG on it and top it with Souveran.

imported_BretFraz
11-30-2001, 03:33 PM
My car needs a bath badly so I`ll do that tomorrow AM. But I wanted to do a good detail too. Won`t get my new PC until 12/4. Was hoping to use it with BF and get some serious protection going for the winter. If BF arrives today I`ll prolly have to half-ass it by hand - something`s better than nothing.

Got a busy month planned in December so I`m not sure how much time I`ll really have to do some serious work. I hate it when a plan doesn`t come together.

Oh well, at least I`ll get to put all my new MF towels to good use.

PETER GIANNONE
11-30-2001, 03:42 PM
Since it will be about 70 here in VA tomorrow, i`ll wash and put another layer of z2 the monte.

Laird Sparks
11-30-2001, 03:54 PM
I wish I could wash the exploder, but we`ve been getting record snow!

Looks like I`ll have to wait for a couple of weeks.

Lemonxxs
11-30-2001, 06:23 PM
Done washing. I will put dressing on plastic and tires in the AM before I leave.

I had to wear Jeans today! Whats up with this cold spell? 50F gosh darn it!

ISLANDSBEST
12-01-2001, 02:36 AM
Have not washed my LS430 in a month. No, I am not sinning. I remove any surface dirt (bird poop, etc.) immediately and QD everyday . . . sometimes twice, if necessary! And, I keep the car covered when it is not in motion (!).

So, I only need to wash when a "film" starts to build up on the car. Takes about a month. So, tomorrow, it`s "wash the car" day.

YoSteve
12-01-2001, 05:17 AM
look at the time! :eek: I`ve been packing stuff all night.

I have to get up to go to the post office in the morning, but i`ll probably sleep most of the day, so car washing will have to wait till Sunday.