PDA

View Full Version : After 19-1/2 weeks, I reached my weight goal.

Pages : [1] 2

riotejas
11-29-2001, 08:30 PM
How do you go about judging how severe swirl marks are in a car? I`m tryign to decided which product to use to eliminate swirls in my black paint, but many of the posts I`ve read have diff`t product recommendations for how severe the swirl marks are.

Are there any pictures that have panels with swirl marks on them to use as a reference?

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-29-2001, 09:31 PM
but the rule we use here is always start with the least aggressive......3M SMR...then...FI-I..II...III...etc...you can always work ur way up the ladder....better than too agressive and screwing up your paint...;)

Josiah
11-29-2001, 10:14 PM
When I tried to remove my swirl marks, I used clay, then SMR, then a few coats of FI-II, then SMR. And I still have swirls. I`m content with how it is though, I`ve resigned myself I`m going to live with them until I get proficient with a power buffer.

Anyway, my mindset going in was use the least abrasive, then move up the ladder, as FLONI said. Depending on how bad the swirls are, you may not get them out without using a power buffer with a cutter pad.

My car DID look better after I used SMR/FI-II, so it was certainly not fruitless. After AIOx1 and SGx2 it looks great.

Have fun!

Josiah

Don2000g
12-03-2001, 07:36 AM
Great for you Josiah. If you do get any micromarring with the use of Finesse It 2, its a good idea to follow up with a less aggressive product as you did such as 3M SMR or Pinnacle PCL.

imported_Luster
06-16-2010, 07:39 AM
I am proud to announce that, after 19-1/2 weeks of intense dieting, exercise and low-carb lifestyle, I reached my goal this morning!

I am a 60-year-old male, 6`4", who weighed 310 pounds in January of this year, 4.5 months ago. I stepped on the scales at 225 this morning! And I look pretty dang good! Cholesterol is down, Triglycerides are down, Blood Pressure is down, Blood sugar level is down.

Back in January, I looked in the mirror, got on the scales, and said in an audible voice... "Well, that`s it! I`ve had it! I will not be a fat slob for my son`s wedding on the 3rd of July!!!!!"

So I set my mind to start the South Beach Diet, and I never strayed very far from Phase 1. My basic rules were:

NO BREAD
NO SUGAR
NO FLOUR
NO RICE
NO PASTA
NO POTATOES

I have stuck by that for the past 20 weeks and it has given me super-success.

I always entered my foods on the www fitday com website faithfully every day. Limited my calories to 1500 for the first 2 months. Carbs to 50. The last 2 months I let the calories got to 1700 and carbs to 75. I also walked 2 miles per day (when I wasn`t detailing!)

Here`s what will change now.

I`ll now limit my calories to 1900 with a 100 calorie "emergency" fund! :lol: But I`ll still try to keep my carbs under 75 per day, if possible. I`ll keep walking, of course.

I`ll NEVER go back to my old ways. If I was starving, and someone put a chocolate donut in front of me, I`d push it away.

You think I`m kidding? Never gonna happen. I`ve worked way to hard to let this slip away. It happened once before. I lost 80 pounds and got sloppy. Gained it all back in 2 years.

So, a big thank you for all who encouraged me, mostly my wife, Pam!:hurray: Like I said, not much will change and now I can enjoy my son`s wedding in 2 weeks, and not have him and his fiance embarrassed by the "Fat guy in the black tux"!!!!:rofl:

Remember: Fat is not the enemy.... it`s the SUGAR!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/weight/weight12.jpg

imported_firebird
06-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Very cool Luster! Congrats! Good for you! I know I just lost 9lbs and I`m thrilled. Can`t imagine how happy you are! :thumbup:

Old Pirate
06-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Congarts Bill! way to go. I stop drinking, quit smoking and now it looks like me turn soon for the next level............:clap:

Husker Z
06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Very cool Bill, I`ve enjoyed keeping up with your weight loss thread and am super happy for you. People that have never fought weight problems have no idea how hard it is to get those pounds off, well done sir, that`s quite an accomplishment! A lot of people think a crash diet and a quick plan is the way to go, but you have to throw the term "diet" out the window, you don`t "diet" you change your lifestyle or it won`t work.

Good job sir, that`s really, really cool!!

bmw5541
06-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Way to go Bill. We are all so proud of you. You made up your mind to do this, and you got it done. I know from personal experience that this is not easy and is very easy to slip back to your old ways. If you need encouragement, we are all here for you. Keep strong, so you will be here and dsetailing cars for a long time.

Enjoy your son`s wedding!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

imported_Flash Gordon
06-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Wow, thts tremendous news Bill. You should be very proud of yourself for this accomplishment :Dancing Dot:

gmblack3
06-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Congrats Bill on your success!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

You must feel so much better.

I`m down from 253 to 230. I`m going to do my best to make it to the gym for my first time tomorrow. If not the wife might give me the :Boxing: :smile:

Puckman
06-16-2010, 03:08 PM
More congratulations Bill. As Flash said, that`s one hell of an accomplishment and is NOT easy to do. At this rate you`ll live to 120 and will be the first million poster at TID!

imported_Luster
06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks everyone! I may not live to be 120, but I certainly have improved my health. My family doctor, cardiologist and oncologist are all thrilled!

(I`m pretty happy about it too....:D)

Now my job is to maintain and never get into those bad habits again!;)

Dave1
06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Bill that`s fantastic........!

Congratuations........

How did you keep your energy up without any carbs.......?

If I don`t eat some rice, pasta or potato`s a couple of times a week, my energy level drops way off.......

Can you give us an idea on what your daily routine consists of food wise......?

Thanks and congrats again Bill..........:clap:

imported_broker99
06-16-2010, 06:14 PM
great job Bill. I am sure it has been a long road to get to this point.
But where are before and after pictures of you holding the newspaper?