PDA

View Full Version : hi from R?union

Pages : [1] 2

JonB
11-28-2001, 06:00 PM
I generally wash my car, then dry. Then I use Crystal Mist as a final step. I think this increases the shine and also helps extend the life of the wax topper.

I am curious though, to know if Carnauba, Zaino or Klasse (no topper) users just wash and dry, or use a Qd after the wash.

H

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-28-2001, 06:12 PM
i still Qd after a wash....i like the way it kinda of makes it all glow...this is with anything...clear pearl...FI...whatever...plus then i know i definitely got all the water off....usually about an hr after i dry it i put the QD on...

imported_RIC
11-28-2001, 06:22 PM
Depends on many factors:

If it is nice day and I have the time I may QD.

If weather forecast calls for rain in next two days will usually forgo QDing.

Sometimes I`ll go to Self Serve wash at night and I never use the "Brush of Death". The next day I often QD to clean any remaining dirt that did not come off.

The problem is that I use Zaino and once the Z6ing is done the surface is perfectly prepared to wipe on another polish coat and it can be difficult to walk away without doing so even though I know it does not need to be done.

Scottwax
11-28-2001, 06:25 PM
On my own car-about 50% of the time-usually Final Inspection, but since I got some BeadX from Formula113, I have also been using that. Seems to work as well as FI and doesn`t streak in the sun.

When I clean customers cars, I always use a QD after washing-not only for their benefit, but also mine-a QDed car is easier to wash the next time around!

TortoiseAWD
11-28-2001, 06:39 PM
I always wipe down with Z6 after a wash . . . it seems to add to the shine, and I get one more chance at any water spots I might have missed during drying.

Tort

YoSteve
11-28-2001, 07:05 PM
I wipe and wring with 1 microfiber towel, then finish up with QD and another microfiber towel. The QD lubes up your final drying process and also helps streaking and waterspots in your drying.

offcenter
11-28-2001, 07:08 PM
Yes, I always QD after a wash and dry except for the following conditions:

I just added a layer of Klasse Sealant Glaze

I just added Pinnacle Paste Glaz

I kinda need a finishing touch after a good wash and dry. It only takes an extra 5 minutes.:cool:

Don2000g
12-02-2001, 06:39 AM
I always quick detail after I wash my car. It`s fun and takes very little time.

imported_Dude
12-02-2001, 11:25 AM
I always do, too.

imported_killerjg
12-02-2001, 11:53 AM
Yes, I do it for the enjoyment and for that final touch up. One car gets 1kShO, 1 CM, and 1 EF CP. Love them all.

Redcar GUY
12-02-2001, 12:00 PM
I do just to make <strong class=`bbc`>sure [/b] that I got all the water off and to make sure that ther is no water spots

DETAILKING
12-03-2001, 09:59 AM
I use Z6 after every wash, and the temptation is there to just apply another coat of Z2 as the car is prepped for that after every wash and QD session. And it`s soooo easy!

Lemonxxs
12-03-2001, 02:18 PM
I only QD if I am putting some more sealant on otherwise I tackle all the plastic and the tires. I will do it if I am planning on traveling away for a long trip and will not be able to do my weekly wash.

On my color I do not notice that great of an enhancment when QDing after a wash. It just is not that noticable. But it does help keep it cleaner I find after a crappy rain storm. I dunno guess I am different since everyone else QD`s afterwards.

isla
06-13-2010, 04:08 AM
:) hi every one ,
pseudo : isla
language : french

since i`am a DW , MOL , BD reader`s .

i`am still hungry about how to maintain my familly car
an E280 , kangoo n` twingo 2
, & find a other place
to fall in the "truth in detailing" :biggrin:
regards.
isla

Puckman
06-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Welcom isla! Another addition to Truly International Detailing!!!

Glad to have you and we look forward to your contributions. Don`t be timid, jump on in and you`ll find the group here very helpful.