PDA

View Full Version : My New Toy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Clean Dean
11-27-2001, 09:21 PM
I just bought a 2001 GT and I am looking for some good websites for current model owners to purchase add-ons. I am interested in adding a K&N filter (previous post) and other possible ways to increase hp without voiding the warranty or risking the integrity of the engine. I am also tempted to upgrade the wheels (wife permitting).

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-27-2001, 11:12 PM
thats a sweet kik as ride you got there....very nice....thats it...no sites sorry:(

Clean Dean
11-28-2001, 12:01 AM
I always wanted a "muscle car" as a teen. Now that I am approaching middle age I feel that this will help me hold onto my youth. My wife thinks I`m nuts, and wanted a more practical car, but I explained to her that it was a testosterone thing.

:D

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-28-2001, 12:14 AM
:) but i cant get a GT.....i always loved the mustangs but for a while there....maybe because "everybody` under 25 in my neighborhood had one....i got sick of them.....they started to look very boxey to me...hard to explain....but with yours,....its like they went back a little...its more sleek looking but still...like...bulky/chunky....in the right way....see how us maxiam owners cant express ourselves....;)

BradE
11-28-2001, 01:56 PM
You might not even need the wheel upgrade, those wheels look nice on there. Are they 16`` or 17``?

boywonder
11-28-2001, 05:32 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Clean Dean [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I just bought a 2001 GT and I am looking for some good websites for current model owners to purchase add-ons. I am interested in adding a K&N filter (previous post) and other possible ways to increase hp without voiding the warranty or risking the integrity of the engine. I am also tempted to upgrade the wheels (wife permitting). [/b]</blockquote>

www.mustangworks.com is one site I can think of off the top of my head.

Clean Dean
11-28-2001, 09:19 PM
Cool site !

Showroom Lincoln,

They are 17" GT wheel, but I am eyeing up the Bullitt rims that were manufactured for the Bullitt Mustang. I am going to start hinting to my wife, and leaving pics of these around with xmas coming up.

Don2000g
11-28-2001, 11:40 PM
Not a bad car. Too bad that Firebird and Chevy produce quicker cars.

Clean Dean
11-29-2001, 02:30 PM
I admit the Firebird and the Camaro are pushing over 300 horses, but my local Ford dealer made me " an offer I couldn`t refuse."

In reality, the car I really want is the Corvette Z06, but I can`t seem to fit the car and a divorce into my budget now.

;)

boywonder
11-29-2001, 05:03 PM

<strong class=`bbc`>Cool site !
Showroom Lincoln,
They are 17" GT wheel, but I am eyeing up the Bullitt rims that were manufactured for the Bullitt Mustang. I am going to start hinting to my wife, and leaving pics of these around with xmas coming up. [/b]</blockquote>
There is an easier way to get those rims for your `stang. Those rims are made by American Racing and are called the Torq Thrust II. The new Camaros are coming out with those rims as well and I recall them being in a 17" size. Plus you can get them in the stock color or chrome.

boywonder
11-29-2001, 05:04 PM

<strong class=`bbc`>I admit the Firebird and the Camaro are pushing over 300 horses

;) [/b]</blockquote>

...and I wish i could fit my big butt into a WS-6. :D

Clean Dean
11-30-2001, 07:06 PM
I will look into those wheels. I saw a picture of you in a previous post, and you like myself will probably never fit too comfortably into most sports cars....( 6`2" 230lbs.)

Thanks again for the info on the wheels !!!

:D

Lemonxxs
11-30-2001, 07:15 PM
Nice ride CLEAN DEAN. Reminds me of my old Mercury Capri I had in `82. Man that was a fun car to drive!

Don2000g
12-04-2001, 11:10 AM
Hey Dean, if you can manage to get the Vette, then try everything possible to stay with the wife. Beg her forgivenes. Show her more love. Don`t go out with the guys. Allow her to go out. Agree with her on everything. Allow her to use the remote. Laters

Redcar GUY
12-04-2001, 12:23 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PrinzII [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

The new Camaros are coming out with those rims as well and I recall them being in a 17" size. Plus you can get them in the stock color or chrome. [/b]</blockquote>

ummm no:)