PDA

View Full Version : Harley detailing!!!!......

Pages : [1] 2

mx5
11-27-2001, 01:49 PM
Has anyone used this. Does it really remove wax residue or just cover it up?

Gold Class Trim Detailer

"Trim Detailer uses new technology to instantly restore color and richness to faded and discolored trim and molding...but the amazing part is how Trim Detailer protects the surface so well that the "like new" appearance lasts for weeks...not days. Trim Detailer also removes unwanted contaminants and wax residue. Use on porous and non-porous black surfaces like plastic bumpers and trim, moldings, air vents, window trim and window blades and arms. "

msmcdon
11-27-2001, 01:59 PM
Hey Waxman.....

I use the Gold Class Trim Detailer and it works very well in removing the hazy wax on black trim. It also turns the trim a deep black that lasts at most 2 weeks.

My only two complaints are that it is very greasy and after a rainstorm, it tends to run down the finish and leave a greasy film on the paint. In the TD`s defense, it lasts through the rain well, but that greasy runny stuff is hard to handle.

I may be slathering it on too thick, so next time I detail, I`ll buff a bit of the excess off and post the results. Otherwise, I think it is the best black trim dressing I`ve found without spending the $$ for the <strong class=`bbc`>great[/b] stuff.

Hope this helps. :)

imported_doug
11-27-2001, 08:13 PM
I`ve used it with pretty good success - it really does help get the wax residue off, and it leaves the trim looking healthy - not too glossy. It is hard to apply without getting it on your paint, and it is hard to wipe off that - so use good applicators (trimmed foam, q-tips whatever works) and do it before you wash - then wash the car and do your thing.

Glozz
11-27-2001, 09:26 PM
If you have dried wax on your black plastic or bumpers, try using peanut butter.

I use Jiff or Skippy and put it on with my finger. I let it stand for about 5 minutes and remove with a MF. Repeat the process as needed. I do this before washing the car/truck.

Works very well.

Bluedog
11-28-2001, 05:13 AM
yea ive tried mothers back to black, it was okay but did not at all remove white wax haze on the black plastics. but it covered it up really well. same thing with Eagle 1 trim detailer, only a cover up. but quality wize the eagle 1 is much better than mothers.

i then tried peanut butter and peanut oil. both helped reduce the white wax residues a bit. but i didnt leave it on for 5 mins like jazzyjack said. i just rubbed it in vigerously and wiped off. so i gota try that leave on method soon.

about the meguiars TD, are u guys 100% sure it actually removes the white wax residue??? ive been searching many months now for a product that actually lives up to what it says. did u put it on and after MANY washes the white stuff was still gone? ive seen very impressive products taht cover the white residue up for a REAL long time... yet its really not removed still.:mad:

msmcdon
11-28-2001, 09:37 AM
Hey Ng....

Yeah.... it really takes the wax residue off in my experience. I try like crazy <strong class=`bbc`><em class=`bbc`>NOT[/b][/i] to get any wax on the trim so there isn`t much on my vehicles. However, when I do (and it always seems to happen no matter how careful I am) the Trim Detailer takes it off.... doesn`t just cover it up.

Good luck.... and if you find anything better, please post. I`m always on the lookout for a good trim detailer. I`m just glad that our new car has color-matched bumpers and not the flat black rubber ones from our old Camry. Jeez! I went through bottles of Trim Detailer like mad with those bumpers. :D

later,

Lemonxxs
11-28-2001, 10:46 AM
I use a small soft brush to remove the wax build up. It seems to work the best for me. Old soft toothbrushes work great.

Bluedog
11-28-2001, 03:05 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by graeme [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Hey Ng....

Yeah.... it really takes the wax residue off in my experience. I try like crazy <strong class=`bbc`><em class=`bbc`>NOT[/b][/i] to get any wax on the trim so there isn`t much on my vehicles. However, when I do (and it always seems to happen no matter how careful I am) the Trim Detailer takes it off.... doesn`t just cover it up.

Good luck.... and if you find anything better, please post. I`m always on the lookout for a good trim detailer. I`m just glad that our new car has color-matched bumpers and not the flat black rubber ones from our old Camry. Jeez! I went through bottles of Trim Detailer like mad with those bumpers. :D

later, [/b]</blockquote>
hmm i hope u guys r right caus im gona try this product out. ive been disappointed with so many already...:(

Lenny
11-28-2001, 03:15 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by graeme [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Hey Waxman.....

I use the Gold Class Trim Detailer and it works very well in removing the hazy wax on black trim. It also turns the trim a deep black that lasts at most 2 weeks.

My only two complaints are that it is very greasy and after a rainstorm, it tends to run down the finish and leave a greasy film on the paint. In the TD`s defense, it lasts through the rain well, but that greasy runny stuff is hard to handle.

I may be slathering it on too thick, so next time I detail, I`ll buff a bit of the excess off and post the results. Otherwise, I think it is the best black trim dressing I`ve found without spending the $$ for the <strong class=`bbc`>great[/b] stuff.

Hope this helps. :) [/b]</blockquote>
Hey <strong class=`bbc`>graeme[/b] :

I found that if you buff off Trim Detail after it`s been on for 15 minutes or longer, it seems to handle the rain better without thatgreasy runny stuff coming off. Just my observation.

msmcdon
11-28-2001, 04:26 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Len_A [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Hey <strong class=`bbc`>graeme[/b] :

I found that if you buff off Trim Detail after it`s been on for 15 minutes or longer, it seems to handle the rain better without thatgreasy runny stuff coming off. Just my observation. [/b]</blockquote>
Cool.... I`ll try it. Although it`s about 18 degrees F right now, it`s supposed to be in the mid 50`s on Saturday. I`m going to detail my Ranger then and I`ll let you know next week.

thanks!

fastlane
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Looking to start my own harley detailing biz.Any pros here heavy into show bikes and such??

imported_RaskyR1
06-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Looking to start my own harley detailing biz.Any pros here heavy into show bikes and such??

I`ve done several bikes but don`t limit myself to just Harley`s. :)

Where do you plan to get your work from?

fastlane
06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
i know so many people ridin harleys and they are affiliated with many different clubs....im usually real good at anything i choose to take on ,so im sure my ability to market what i do will easily get me the numbers of customers i want........just a few bikes /per week. work a few days each week....part time income. say 150.00-220.00 a bike......a few years back i detailed cars ,and only did benz,bmw,vettes,hot sports cars(had all the customers i needed. i just didnt like going to location and being outside. this biz i can run from my garage,,,,each client will bring their bike to me....or i may do some pickup /delivery for an aditional fee.....and once i get my custom "street glide" next yr...i`ll be turnin heads for sure....like my old "r1`s,zx11`s and hayabusas did back in the late 90`s and early 2000`s

imported_Flash Gordon
06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
i know so many people ridin harleys and they are affiliated with many different clubs....im usually real good at anything i choose to take on ,so im sure my ability to market what i do will easily get me the numbers of customers i want........just a few bikes /per week. work a few days each week....part time income. say 150.00-220.00 a bike......a few years back i detailed cars ,and only did benz,bmw,vettes,hot sports cars(had all the customers i needed. i just didnt like going to location and being outside. this biz i can run from my garage,,,,each client will bring their bike to me....or i may do some pickup /delivery for an aditional fee.....and once i get my custom "street glide" next yr...i`ll be turnin heads for sure....like my old "r1`s,zx11`s and hayabusas did back in the late 90`s and early 2000`s

Sounds like you`ve got it all figured out fastlane. Now, all you gotta do is learn the trade. I have provided a link that may be helpfull :wizard:

www.truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3040

All you gotta do is make each bike look like this one ^ and of course find your clientle, but I see you already have that part figured out :wink:

fastlane
06-10-2010, 06:52 PM
:Dancing Dot:Hey thank you for the knowledge Flash....I like to think positive,it usually is a big help. Yes learning the trade and becoming a guy the people will requests is what I must do.Sites and forums such as these do come in handy. So many people with the know how and the resources are right here at my fingertips!!!