PDA

View Full Version : fastlane: looking to learn "harley detailing"

Lemonxxs
11-27-2001, 01:46 PM
I recieved the Klasse product for rubber and vinyl trim in a kit I bought from CMA.

I opened the bottle and liked to pass out from the smell. I could not stomach it enough to use it. It felt oily and greasy. Very chemically, if that is a word.

Anyone ever use it or try it. Curious before I open it again.

BradE
11-27-2001, 01:49 PM
I know what you mean about the smell, it`s pretty bad. I would not use it on the interior of the car, the smell on a hot day would probably knock you out ;) I remember Beau comparing it to keroscene, I think that is pretty acurate. Maybe you could use it on the outside of the car though, on trim or something were you don`t have to smell it.

Lemonxxs
11-27-2001, 01:59 PM
DAYUM! That is the smell exactly. I just realized it when I read your post. I have no plans to have open flames near it as well.

I wonder what the ingredients are though?

janderson
11-27-2001, 02:13 PM
Yes, the smell is quite harsh, the results are amazing. I use the Klasse product on my entire interior, and it looks great. It is not greasy. I have vinyl seats, so I can only speak about my experiences, but I don`t use anything else.

It came with my cit from CMA. The interior of my car has never looked better. Before you put it aside, try it on a little area of your interior (dash, door pannels, or some other inconspicious area) and see how it looks. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

Best regards.

mx5
11-27-2001, 02:32 PM
Does it offer UV protection? I am assuming no, based on how old the formulas for the Sealant Glaze and All-in-One are.

BradE
11-27-2001, 02:35 PM
Yes, it had UV protection. You can`t judge something by it`s age. The formula for AIO and SG has been around since the 70`s but it has UV protection. I am sure they have added things over the years, but the initial forumula was based on 70`s technology.

dsl4evr
11-27-2001, 04:41 PM
The smell is a little strong. But i have been using it on the exterior parts of my car. And i am very pleased with the results.

Lemonxxs
11-27-2001, 04:58 PM
Maryland,

How long does it take for the smell to subside. I mean the stuff stinks really bad.

I tried a while ago on another car and it aint bad on black plastic bumpy trim. Feels kind of like kerosene or diesel fuel.

YoSteve
11-27-2001, 05:09 PM
wow, I thought this stuff was supposed be just okay. Sounds like I`ll have to try it for my lower black valences (currently with Klasse on them) I wonder if they can work in conjunction like 2xAIO and 1xKRV ;)

Anyone try it on tires?

janderson
11-28-2001, 07:58 AM
I have never had a problem with the smell. I normally use a microfiber applicator, and put it on all of my interior surfaces. The dash, console, and door pannels are all vinyl, so I use the product on the entire interior. I have to say that the car looks great when I am done applying the "interior" Klasse.

Yo Steve, I have never tried it on my tires, but it is a thought. It dries fairly quickly, and does not leave a residue. I would know, as I put it on all of my seats. I am one to be very critical if a product leaves a redsidue. I have not had a problem yet.

And yes, the smell is strong, but nothing like real gas or kerosene.

fastlane
06-10-2010, 02:00 PM
hello,are there any pro. harley detailers on board? i need to learn all i can asap about it!!!:rockon: