PDA

View Full Version : fastlane.....new guy from maryland...wassup??

Pages : [1] 2 3

riotejas
11-27-2001, 01:30 PM
I`m about to make the plunge and buy a larger quantity of a paint treatment system and was dead set on the Klasse twins until I read the product review of Blackfire.

Now I`m torn between the 2.

What are ppl`s thoughts? I live in the Pacific northwest, so it`s generally not as sunny and hot as other places.. Just wondering if that`s going to affect my application of either of the products.

What is the longevity of Blackfire like? From YoSteve, I know Klasse can last approx 6 months which I definitely like a lot.

Just wanted some feedback from the detailing guru`s of this forum :)

Lemonxxs
11-27-2001, 01:39 PM
Heck buy em both and do a test on your car for us all. DO half with each.

They are different products but I bet with the same prep work they both would look great. What color car do you have?

riotejas
11-27-2001, 01:43 PM
heh.. the weather is pretty cold and wet here, so I`m not the ideal tester for these products (at least not for another 2-3 months!)

FYI: I have a black car.

I know Klasse is a proven product, just wondering about Blackfire`s longevity. Blackfire intrigues me because of the very easy application that ppl are stating. Teh easier the better :)

JimO
11-27-2001, 01:51 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by tmchow [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I know Klasse is a proven product, just wondering about Blackfire`s longevity. Blackfire intrigues me because of the very easy application that ppl are stating. Teh easier the better :) [/b]</blockquote>
The longevity has yet to be tested because Blackfire just came out 2 weeks ago for the general public. I just ordered the Blackfire polish and proctectant today and I can`t wait to try it out next month. If you don`t want to try it out now, you could just wait and see what what us Blackfire users say in a few months about the longevity.

BillNorth
11-27-2001, 03:03 PM
Go with Blackfire. The more and more I look at my car, the more and more upset I get. The ugly haze/film that klasse has left on my finish has upset me to the point that I think I`ll be going back to carnuba. Maybe polymer sealants aren`t all they`re cracked up to be. Who knows, maybe Blackfire will do the same thing under the right conditions.

rmccall6
11-27-2001, 03:10 PM
Blackfire looks better IMO (wetter and deeper) but the protectant is a little tempermental in the removal, not as mcuh as SG but you want to try to apply it thinly and wipe with a MF towel and what really helps is to lightly mist the towel with some QD.

JonB
11-27-2001, 03:55 PM
Bill....if you have a PC or any orbital, try just going over the surface with a dry MF bonnet. I sprayed a spritz of Crystal Mist on the bonnet to give it a touch of lubrication. It removed the haze and has not returned since doing this. I have Klasse/Blitz which looks awesome after buffing like this. I don`t know why this works, or what causes the haze in the first place, but this works! I have not seen any problems like this with the Blackfire and it too is awesome. It`s on the trunk lid and blends extremely well with the Klasse/Blitz on the rest of the car. If Blackfire can look as good as Klasse/Blitz, without the hassle of a wax topper, then this will probably become my first choice. Don`t ruin a perfectly good Klasse job, just fix it up until the next time you need to strip and re-apply.

H

imported_Intermezzo
11-27-2001, 04:43 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by BillNorth [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Go with Blackfire. The more and more I look at my car, the more and more upset I get. The ugly haze/film that klasse has left on my finish has upset me to the point that I think I`ll be going back to carnuba. Maybe polymer sealants aren`t all they`re cracked up to be. Who knows, maybe Blackfire will do the same thing under the right conditions. [/b]</blockquote>
Bill,

I`m sort of in your shoes. I`m seriously considering going back to carnauba`s as well. I`ll keep my Klasse for my rims, headlights, tail lights..etc., but my paint will most likely be getting the carnauba treatment from now on. I didn`t get the Klasse haze/film like you because I wasn`t using Klasse, but I had other issues with polymers that bothered me.

BTW, my offer from a few months ago is still good. Just let me know if there is anything from CMA you need.

Tony

vettefan67
11-27-2001, 04:49 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`m seriously considering going back to carnauba`s as well. I`ll keep my Klasse for my rims, headlights, tail lights..etc., but my paint will most likely be getting the carnauba treatment from now on. I didn`t get the Klasse haze/film like you because I wasn`t using Klasse, but I had other issues with polymers that bothered me.[/b]</blockquote>
Hey Intermezzo (and any others..),

What concerns did you have regarding the usage of these types of polymers on paint? Just curious because I`m deciding between Blackfire and Klasse myself. The price difference for BF is about $2 more for 2 less ounces, so results are the only thing that matters here.

BF has mineral spirits in it, is this safe for long-term usage? I know the site says it is but I don`t know. I don`t suppose Ron K has gotten his hands on any Blackfire to have his chemists look at? Or is the MSDS available?

BradE
11-27-2001, 05:14 PM
Bill,

I know what you mean about the film. I had the same thing on my Explorer. I tried everything to remove it, and nothing worked. PPCL actually made it worse!! I finally had to strip the Klasse to get the film off.:(

riotejas
11-27-2001, 05:16 PM
What color car do you guys have to be experiencing this type of film with the Klasse system? I know many ppl swear by the klasse system and this is the first time I`ve heard of this film.

imported_Intermezzo
11-27-2001, 05:22 PM
tmchow, I had a black car that had AIO (2X) and KSG (3X). I`m not sure if I had the haze or not because I used Klasse on that car a long time ago...but I do remember a light film that was barely discernible in certain lighting angles two days after putting on a coat.

Do a search and you`ll find maybe 3 or 4 threads talking about this.

Puterbum, issues I had with other polymers, they really weren`t as serious as the hazing, but I`d rather not get into it here on this forum. PM me if you`d really like to know.

DETAILKING
11-27-2001, 05:28 PM
I have not noticed the hazing with KLASSE on my dad`s car. What kind of wash do you guys use and QD-er? My dad`s car gets washed with Zaino wash even though it has KLASSE on it. I did noticed that the SG has as waxy substance to it, almost gummy if you take if off too quick or reapply quickly before letting it cure. I spaced out my applications since then, and have had no problems. Does everyone that has this haze have a carnuba topper? It`s gotta be something either in the car wash, spray detailer, the weather, frequent applications, or carnuba topper. It would be nice to figure this out!

Well, you know you guys can always try zaino too! I never ever heard of anyone having a hazing problem with it........

YoSteve
11-27-2001, 05:37 PM
I know what you mean DK, I don`t see haze at all and I have 5 coats of Klasse and 1 coat of souveran (after using AIO twice)

I makes me really wonder what else is going on, when people have the haze.

check out this pic, no haze here: http://autopia-carport.com/forum/attachment.php3?s=&postid=41588 (`http://autopia-carport.com/forum/attachment.php3?s=&postid=41588`)
BTW, that`s the repaired part of my panel, you can`t see it but put your nose on it and you`ll see the clear is failing :(

Bill did you have problems right off the bat, like after the first coat of SG? I know we`ve beaten this topic completely.

imported_Intermezzo
11-27-2001, 05:43 PM
I had no carnauba topper & used EO Wet Wipe`N Shine QD. I do remember that it seemed to happen at least a few days after application. Initially, the car looked unbelievably good.

I remember even before purchasing Klasse, I asked about polymer sealants clouding German paint and I was given assurances that it wouldn`t happen.