PDA

View Full Version : hi all, new member here

imported_memnuts
11-27-2001, 12:38 PM
Hi, I`m a new member who has been lurking for a couple of months. Very informative forum. I wish I had discovered earlier and alleviated some common detailing errors. I was a Mequires professional products user for over 10 years but recently changed to Zaino. I understand the carnuba users description that the shine has a buttery or more warm appearance. At first with the Zaino (Z1, Z2,& Z6)( 7 coats) I was amazed by the glossiness on my black finish but disappointed with the warmth of the appearance. Spoke to Sal and he mentioned to try the Z5. After 7 coats of Z2/Z6 I applied the Z5 last night and WOW. I now have the Zaino awesome gloss and the carnuba softness. It appears the fine swirl marks were creating a distorted optics decreasing the depthness of the finish. Has anyone else tried using several coats of Z2/Z6 prior to using the Z5? It was amazing how one coat of Z5 increased the depthness and gave me the Carnuba-like warmth without the unevenness I used to get after detailing. I can not waiting to apply several more coats of the Z5.

Does anyone with a Zaino`d car use other QD products besides Z6? Better results or easier availability? Any Zaino distributors in the southern Va or northern NC area?

Thanks again for allowing me to join this wonderful forum. I`m here to learn. So I will be asking many questions and lurking other inquiries.

ISLANDSBEST
11-28-2001, 04:21 AM
Welcome! Glad to have you on board!

Yes, the Z5 produces the results you describe.

As to QDers, DK and I both prefer to use the Z6 -- it really works well and it helps replenish the Z2/Z5. BUT, others QD with other products and are happy, and the Congress has not passed a law forbidding use of anything other than Z6.

Again, welcome!

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-28-2001, 08:15 AM
like darb said...i love the Z6....but Fi is good too....Z6 helps alot obviously because its made by the same people with bonding etc.....as for the Z5....after about every 3 coats of Z2...i always go back to the Z5...love the look.....and it covers/fills...whatever anybody wants to say.it gets rid of....in my experience........ the screw ups ive done in the Zaino layers(Z2)...plus it makes my darkish car look a little deeper like your saying.........dont know the chemistry of it..it just does.....plus....you got that whole bottle sitting there..use it dood.....$$$$$$$$$$:)

fabz77gp
06-10-2010, 09:53 AM
my name`s fabio but my peeps call me fab or fabz. i have lots of experience with detailing cars and i have a record of winning 2 car shows, 1 car per show. one was won with a black 59 impala 2dr and a black 77 grand prix. both of them were such a joy to own until i lost my buisiness. i currently have a black 98 grand prix 2dr. it used to be really sexy and looked like it was only a couple years old, now it looks like its true age. why? its spent most of its life outside in the sun. plus northeastern weather can take a toll on once really nice black cars. i wish i wouldve been able to use the knowledge that i have now, on my 98, but then again it was hit while it was parked and the painter did a half ass job painting it and didnt match the black at all, so i guess you can say, i just wash it, do the wheels, tires, tips, and i use generic crappy polish, and thats it. anyways, thats my story and im sticking to it. maybe one day ill be able to afford an even nicer grand prix daily driver and look good driving again. i look forward to talking with everyone and getting to know everyone here. talk to everybody soon!
-fabz-

bmw5541
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Welcome to TD fabz. You have found a great place to hone your skills. There are some of the best detailers anywhere here. Ask many questions, and read as many of the posts as you can.

Nice to have you here.:thumbup:

imported_Brian_Brice
06-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Welcome Fabz, glad you could make it. There is much to learn here at SPCU, the search button is your friend.

Old Pirate
06-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Welcome to TID fabz:Car smiley::Car smiley::Car smiley::Car smiley:

fabz77gp
06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
thx everybody for the warm welcomes. and thx brian for directing me to here. i wanna learn as much as possible so when i get my next grand prix, itll look awesome, not like a science experiment.