PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the TID Group Buy Program

Pages : [1] 2

rstype
11-26-2001, 10:36 PM
Just decided to add a poll in addition to my current post on the "Off-Topic" forum. What do you think or removing badges from a car?

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-27-2001, 12:56 AM
but im not getting the "no` explanation...it says no its just so that others think your car is a cheaper model...i dont get that...i thought some people did it so people would think its a more upscale model...why would u want people to think its a lower model type....maybe im just reading it wrong..if i am...sorry:confused:

rstype
11-27-2001, 01:17 AM
I meant that, no, it’s not a good idea because some other people might think that you have the cheaper variety of the car, and think that you’re just an ashamed pretender. (No, I’m proud that I have the cheapest model :D ) Sorry about the confusion.

11-27-2001, 08:13 AM
:)

DETAILKING
11-27-2001, 08:50 AM
I am proud of whatever I own, though, and you will never find me debadging my cars. Most people don`t do it for a clean look, they want their car to look like the more expensive model and they usually put wheels/trim on it to make it look so. I have seen this in particular with VW`s and BMW`s

Lemonxxs
11-27-2001, 11:58 AM
To each his own.

I do not like the look without the factory emblems.

Now dealer crap can be ripped off all you want since it never looks good!

imported_BretFraz
11-27-2001, 03:28 PM
I think BMW and Benz owners are most likely to want the badges. THey can let everyone know what model and engine they got - those cars are status symbols as much as anything.

But on most cars I like debadging. I mean, it`s not like you`re gonna fool anyone into thinking your Kia is something else.

When my mom got her Cherokee (maybe one of the most recognizable vehicles on the road) I removed all the badges. There is nothing on the outside anywhere showing the brand or model. So far no one has asked her if that`s the new BMW X5 or M-B ML320.

Also, I think regionality has alot to do with this. In So Cal, a lot of folks are into the clean "sano" look so the fewer badges, the better. But in other parts of the country people plaster decals all over their cars screaming their brand or model.

I don`t know what`s worse:

1. Putting a huge bowtie decal on the back window of your Chevy truck (it says "Chevrolet" on the tailgate). Same goes for Ford ovals and the Dodge Ram logo.

2. Putting one of the following on any car - Nike swoosh, Oakley logo, any Calvin & Hobbes image, huge #3 Dale Earnhardt number (the poor man is dead, folks. Let him RIP), Anything that says "No Fear" except for "Ain`t Skeered" which is funny, a huge Harley-Davidson logo (small one is cool).

3. Putting the Ferrari shield on the front fenders of a Ferrari. Ummmm, if passers-by can`t guess what kind of car you have then maybe they should just keep walking to their Camry.

For the record, the only decal/stickers on my car are two small American flags on my rear quarter windows. Both a semi-transparent and don`t stand out but can be easily seen if you`re next to my car.

11-27-2001, 04:36 PM
i like that dood....gotta get it out....the line about the no fear...and oakley made me pee....thats all over the place over here....that and the quadruple sized exhausts on a 1984 honda civic....so u can her it going 35 mph about 10 miles away.........:D

vettefan67
11-27-2001, 05:05 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by FLONI [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>....that and the quadruple sized exhausts on a 1984 honda civic....so u can her it going 35 mph about 10 miles away.........:D [/b]</blockquote>:D

11-27-2001, 07:16 PM
:D

rstype
11-27-2001, 10:21 PM
Thanks for your opinions!

~bw

<span style=`font-size: 8px;`>(I promise I wont put any Type R stickers on it :D )

Lemonxxs
11-28-2001, 09:16 AM
Is that a jet or rocket powered car?

boywonder
11-28-2001, 05:41 PM
Windshield:

Chicago City Sticker (#$@!@$# $75)

Parking Sticker for my job (left side in the tint)

Oil Change Sticker

Rear sail windows:

Maxima.org Stickers in silver (I need to replace them since some of the lettering has come off)

Dealer advertising:

Removed! Can they put a license plate frame on my car? No. I have metal frames with security bolts on them. On the new car, I will make a very pointed request not to put ANY dealer advertising on it.

jps
12-02-2001, 05:07 PM
I am debadged for a clean look, and ease of maintainence.

imported_doug
12-02-2001, 06:06 PM
I voted yes because all other things being uqual it does make the car look cleaner - especially if you go all the way and also do things like painting all the chrome and back bits body color.

BUT - if you have a car that comes in multiple engine sizes, and you have the smaller engine, you WILL be accused of pretending you have a bigger engine. Most of us know by other cues what is up - for example, BMW 5 series: 528, 530, 540 and M5 - the exhaust configuration is different for each so not hard to spot an impostor.

On the other hand if your car is the more powerful model, then you are just being understated and attempting not to attract too much attention to yourself. I think this is OK IF your reasons are to look clean as opposed to anything to do with street racing.