PDA

View Full Version : newb attempt on a 750i

Pages : [1] 2 3

YoSteve
11-26-2001, 08:47 PM
I saw this at autozone today, any one try it. The red bottle is translucent, and you can see white milky separation. I didn`t check to see if it`s water based, duh! :)

http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/product_g41.gif

Designed for people who want to maintain that rich "like new" look on their dashboards, trim, tires, and hundred of other surfaces. Unlike some protectants that leave an artificial plastic or greasy look, this formula brings back the original natural finish and allows you to control just how much shine you add. With one application, you create a perfect, "like new" shine. with two applications, you can increase the shine and darkness and create a look that goes beyond the standard factory finish. To help create a rich, natural shine this complex formula includes cleaning agents that help remove dirt and grime that dull or discolor your finish. We`ve also added UV protection to reduce damage from the sun.

here`s the link btw http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=CI (`http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=CI`)

truvette
11-26-2001, 08:59 PM
Can it be used on tires too?

imported_RIC
11-26-2001, 09:11 PM
Designed for people who want to maintain that rich "like new" look on their dashboards, trim, <strong class=`bbc`>tires[/b] , and hundred of other surfaces.

Ron Ketcham
11-26-2001, 09:21 PM
Honest, there is not any new PDMS resins that are much different that what they are using in other products of this type.

But, with a new bottle, some advertising, some new words, MY, a new product!

Trust me, just percentage of resin, maybe some fragrance added, Barry`s boys have ( the little yuppies) are big on that to market products.

Ketch

:down

YoSteve
11-26-2001, 10:13 PM
I agree, which is why I pointed it out. Still like my Black Magic though :) saves on paying for shipping

rstype
11-26-2001, 10:18 PM
I tried it before; it came with a detail kit at Costco. The Natural Shine Protectant was a greasy, gel-like consistancy and left a high-gloss sheen. It was hard to apply evenly, but lasted very long. Felt like Endurance Gel in a spray bottle.

I have a heavy feeling that the protectant in the kit had some problems or a defect with it... or at least thats what I find from most Costco products. It`s wasn`t milky white either...

:confused:

Ron Ketcham
11-26-2001, 10:33 PM
have some of the resin used in the lab.

Made some samples for the local sales reps, one in gel, one in liquid.

Couldn`t get enough interest from the full time detailers to make it worth while to produce.

Ketch

:(

YoSteve
11-26-2001, 10:49 PM
BW, thanks for answering my question, (which was if anyone tried it), I will not try it based on your review (since I don`t like shine). Remember I didn`t check to see if it was waterbased or not.

Ron, hmmm, if you didn`t try it then don`t... , hmmm, i`ll talk to you later ;)

Ron Ketcham
11-26-2001, 10:52 PM
As much as possible, we pick up the mass consumer stuff and take a look at it.

The reason is simple, we are always getting calls to produce some private label product that is "I want it like, XXXX" and so need to keep up on which way the marketing boys are blowing the wind of consumer created needs.

Ketch

:cool:

YoSteve
11-26-2001, 11:06 PM
303 and Blackmagic are PSDM products that are very good and don`t produce a high shine at all. This Meguires product, claimed on the label to do the same, BW tried it, and so we we will not get it, if it doesn`t even look like what 303 or Blackmagic Semi Gloss do, then it already fails a requirement. BM also said it wasn`t milky white AKA, it`s NOT PSDM, which helps me come to the conclusion of the answer I asked for.

Even Armor All created a low gloss product, good attempt, still bad components (I think).

Maguires made a mistake in this product, unless they were trying attrack slightly shinier products than 303 or BM and take business from Armor All users.

I asked about this new particular Meguires product thinking it might be an improvement on my favorite stuff, Ron what question are you answering?

It seems like you didn`t try this Meguires product, so your comments do not answer my particular question. If you want to post another question, please do so on another thread, thanks.

muttgrunt
11-26-2001, 11:49 PM
Any reason they cannot make a product that can be adjusted by the user? Lets say it is a water based rubber/vinyl product. You purchase the undiluted product and start with lets say a 50/50 mix with water, shake it up and try some on your tires, trim, etc. After is sits all night, it should seperate. Water on top, product on bottom. If its too glossy/shiney, you add a lil more water. Too flat, you pour out or siphon off a lil water with a lil aquarium airline tubing or equivalent. User controls gloss..........

TBone

vettefan67
11-27-2001, 07:20 AM
Hey TBone,

That sounds like a great idea! I know nothing about the chemistry involved but that idea sounds like an appealing one to a detailing enthusiast like myself, but would be "too much trouble" for the average consumer.

<em class=`bbc`>But[/i] the idea sounds like a really good one. Kudos to you for being so innovative, and never stop churning out those ideas! Solutions to problems are not always produced by a big fancy company.

:up
puterbum

11-27-2001, 07:25 AM
ill have to try it out on my motors - i like exterme gel made by turte wax - the trillicone formula lasts for months in all weather conditions.

J.R

Scottwax
11-27-2001, 09:32 AM
I tried it, and it seems to be a cross between Meguiars #40 Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner and their W-Dressing, just repackaged for the mass retail level. Gives similar results-not as thick as W-Dressing-decent shine but not too oily looking.

vettefan67
11-27-2001, 09:48 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Scottwax [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I tried it, and it seems to be a cross between Meguiars #40 Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner and their W-Dressing, just repackaged for the mass retail level. Gives similar results-not as thick as W-Dressing-decent shine but not too oily looking. [/b]</blockquote>
What is this "W-Dressing" you refer to?