PDA

View Full Version : fabric stain

dtraylor
11-26-2001, 07:44 PM
Hi all, I am holding off on using my E1 tire dressing until the weather is good again, but I wantt o still have a black look on the tires. My uncle introduced me to the PDMS type dressings, he uses Nu Finish on the tires of his Durango since he lives on a gravel road, he says it dont pick dust up as bad. But, I read on my Nu Finish bottle you arent supposed to use it on rubber. What should I use? And, if its a wax, how should I apply it? Like regular wax, then buff out? Thanks for the help!

Ron Ketcham
11-26-2001, 07:48 PM
Am sure he means Nu-Vinyl, in their yellow bottle, not the paint cleaner/sealant in the orange bottle (Nu-Finish).

The Nu-Vinyl is a PDMS with a thickner added.

Good product, and since it is free of dimethal silicones and distillates, is less prone to collect dust.

Especially if you lightly buff it with a dry rag after it has set a bit.

Ketch

:up

dtraylor
11-26-2001, 09:24 PM
I`m pretty sure he said Nu Finish, because I was telling him how I use it. It makes the tire look a regular black and they DO hold dust down pretty good. I just wanted to rid my mind of any doubts before I tried anything. Thanks :)

DETAILKING
11-27-2001, 12:21 AM
nu finish will stain rubber white and make a mess.........

softoa
06-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Hello,

I used Scotch Gard fabric cleaner, the pick up has a dark colored stain on the fabric front seat....owner said he thinks it`s tea or coke---it`s an old stain. What product can I use on it--can stains be taken out all together, it`s not grease or oil thank goodness. softoa

imported_Luster
06-07-2010, 10:16 PM
If it`s tea of coke, it would be water soluble but it has most likely soaked deeply into the seat foam.

The problem with cleaning the fabric is that those types of stains like to "come back" after a few weeks.

I use Woolite Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam. Scrub with a carpet brush. Flush with lots of water. Blot dry with a light colored (preferably white) towel. Dry with a fan.

softoa
06-07-2010, 10:32 PM
I wondered if the woolite carpet foam would work on that. I`ll indeed try that and let the owner know of the possible reappearance of the stain like you said, thanks, softoa.

RED JEWELL SS
06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
You might try Resolve carpet spot cleaner....this stuff is amazing , I have not had a problem with ill effects either....like Bill said though,coffee can come back and usually does.....but it will definately weaken the stain, lots of times it takes a long time to crawl back. Hope this helps.....it is an extractor agent, spray it...it foams,let it sit a little.....blot it off....if color of the stain is on your blot cloth ,its working...:)

jonnyboy
06-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Hello,

I used Scotch Gard fabric cleaner, the pick up has a dark colored stain on the fabric front seat....owner said he thinks it`s tea or coke---it`s an old stain. What product can I use on it--can stains be taken out all together, it`s not grease or oil thank goodness. softoa

Try Folex! It rocks. You can get it by the gallon at Home Depot. Or you can try Proform Carpet Cleaner found at Sams Club. It works great too.