PDA

View Full Version : Question on pricing.

Pages : [1] 2

imported_carnut00
11-25-2001, 08:02 PM
I wasnt to happy with the longevity of the 3M IHG+BLITZ combo...so i stepped to the KLASSE TWINS combo (thanks yosteve)...

but now I see properautocare giving it rave reviews...

What do you guys think ? is there a comparison between the two online or something? thanks

rmccall6
11-25-2001, 08:30 PM
To my eyes, blackfire gives a deeper, wetter shine than klasse, whcih has a dry, silvery shine. I think Blackfire is also better all around because it has instant cure times and the technology and chemistry is much better. Blackfire also hides swirls better. So yes i would definately go with the blackfire but trow away the klasse?. Keep the AIO to use on your wheels, interior wood and chrome/plastic trim, and non-Blackfire worthy cars. :up

jps
11-25-2001, 08:44 PM
steez - you can`t go wrong with Klasse, its tried and true.

Blackfire is a brand new product, so there are not a lot of people who have used it and no long term experience.

But, I am very pleased with my first three days of Blackfire. Time will tell how well it holds up.

imported_carnut00
11-25-2001, 08:46 PM
Thanks for not beating me up for posting this...lol. I searched and theres lots of posts regarding Blackfire.

Well since its winter coming up (NYC, black car)... i guess i should use my Klasse Sample kit...then for the summer use the black fire. maybe we`ll have some long term tests on it

thanks

JasonC8301
11-25-2001, 08:52 PM
which part of NYC are you located in?

Don`t throw away the Klasse. Use it now for the winter and then try out the Blackfire in the spring.

If you do throw it out, throw it out to me. Can never have to much Klasse.

Jason

Koyaanisqatsi
11-25-2001, 10:33 PM
If you still have the blitz, try a coat of blitz over the klasse. I think you`ll be pleasantly surpised with the results. It will give your car a depth that klasse alone or zaino can`t match.

ALM
11-26-2001, 12:37 PM
Dude don`t trash the Klasse its like jps said...its "tried and true"....id wait and see how Blackfire pans out, hey for all we know the durability may turn out to be lousy or something and then you are stuck with a new product that is worthless. I know thats probably a far-fetched scenerio however, if you have the Klasse use it...you can`t go wrong!

KR CoolShine
11-26-2001, 01:56 PM
I agree with everyone who advised you to keep the Klasse.

Maybe I am naive; but I expect the Blackfire indeed will turn out to be all it is cracked up to be. What`s missing now, though, are the hundreds of hours of experimenting by people like us on how to get the best results from it. For example, no one can make Klasse look like Tim makes it look.

We`ll get there eventually, but only after people like me makes lots of mistakes with BF.

Bob Post
11-27-2001, 01:12 AM
!!!

Don2000g
11-28-2001, 11:10 PM
Klasse is definitely a very good line of products. It`s gotten excellent reviews and feedback here from very well respected members here. So obviosly don`t throw the products away. That would be crazy! If nothing else give them to young Jason or sell it to him dirt cheap. You would definitely make the young guy`s day. Laters

Mass. Wine Guy
12-01-2001, 07:12 PM
Steez:

Use the Klasse sampler, at least for the Winter. That`s just what I did and I`m very happy. Klasse makes a fine product.

I still may buy Blackfire in Spring if positive reviews keep flowing in.

neoprufrok
12-02-2001, 03:31 AM
Yeah, don`t throw it away! Still is the best in my book.

94Canuck
06-04-2010, 06:19 PM
So I went around to the 2 detail shops in my town here to get an idea of what the going rate is for services. I also checked out 2 spots in the town just north of here. The prices are very different in each shop, I was very surprised.

As an example one shop had a basic flat rate of 140 for a full paint correction. Another place was 80/hour. Big difference there since the flat rate place stated most take around 5 hours at a minimum.

Engine detailing ranged from 20 to 60, washing again from around 15 - 60.

For those of you with your own detail businesses, do you normally go a flat rate or charge hourly for services such as engine detail, paint correction, interior etc.? Just curious more than anything. I have some neighbours around that are interested in me doing their cars since they have seen some of the results I`ve had and I`m curious what I should be asking for prices and things. Never got into this for money, so kinda in the dark about it.

Thanks.

Nick

imported_Flash Gordon
06-04-2010, 06:35 PM
So I went around to the 2 detail shops in my town here to get an idea of what the going rate is for services. I also checked out 2 spots in the town just north of here. The prices are very different in each shop, I was very surprised.

As an example one shop had a basic flat rate of 140 for a full paint correction. Another place was 80/hour. Big difference there since the flat rate place stated most take around 5 hours at a minimum.

Engine detailing ranged from 20 to 60, washing again from around 15 - 60.

For those of you with your own detail businesses, do you normally go a flat rate or charge hourly for services such as engine detail, paint correction, interior etc.? Just curious more than anything. I have some neighbours around that are interested in me doing their cars since they have seen some of the results I`ve had and I`m curious what I should be asking for prices and things. Never got into this for money, so kinda in the dark about it.

Thanks.

Nick

The first time I do someones car I will only work by the hour. If they become a monthly customer I will give them a flat rate :soldier:

imported_Brian_Brice
06-04-2010, 07:33 PM
The first time I do someones car I will only work by the hour. If they become a monthly customer I will give them a flat rate :soldier:

Very well said. I personally don`t "detail" a car unless I already polished it. I charge a flat rate per visit after initial treatment. Flat rating initial treatment leads to rushing things, cutting corners and shabby service. Plus there are way to many variables, what if you flat rate and have to two step one civic, then the next one needs many more steps? Someone`s getting jipped somewhere with that layout.