PDA

View Full Version : Received bfwd from pac

Pages : [1] 2

imported_carnut00
11-25-2001, 01:32 PM
http://vwmafia.net/steez/temp/Cleaning/puff.jpg

Its a 100% cotton shaggy dog thingamagic. Is there better stuff out there? so i can purcahse now...

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-25-2001, 01:43 PM
its thigamagig....not magic...get it right buddy...:) ;) ....who makes that thing....i use viking chenille and some sheepskin ones....i mean it looks like cotton but you wont know til you see who makes it...it looks like something that goes on the end of a mop/scope thingy....what does the label say...just be careful because from my own past experience....of just saying..well..i want to wash the car so ill just use this thing once...:eek: ...sometimes once is all it takes...IMHO...then its swirl/scratch city....

imported_carnut00
11-25-2001, 01:51 PM
Yeah. Its like a cotton cloth. I think Viking makes it (purchased at pepboys). It attatches to a flat peice which is connected to a stick...

is IS soft and thick... with lots of shag... shag baby!

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-25-2001, 02:34 PM
reaching SUV`s and all(also for getting snow off of car in winter)...if viking makes it it should be ok...does the label say 100% cotton...i would use it but try to get the mitts if u can...otherwise should be ok....if its 100% cotton and from viking...try the CD test...wipe it on a cd and see if it scratches at all...u can see im way too paranoid...:D...

imported_carnut00
11-25-2001, 03:37 PM
wow the CD test really works? ill try it!

[edit] results..

the Dry test. I just rubbed some dry cloths on the cd and wow they caused swirls!

The Terry Towel caused the MOST swirls

the "baby diaper" caused minimal swirls

the wet microfiber caused little to no swirls

the wet shaggy thing I used clean the car (wet) caused no swirls

YoSteve
11-25-2001, 04:14 PM
The CD test gauges if it will not scratch the clear, if it does not scratch it then you`re good to go.

If it scratches the CD it still might not scratch your clear because the clear is harder than the CD. If it seems to be reallly scratchy on the CD then that might say something about it`s inherent hardness and the overall affect on your car.

RED JEWELL SS
06-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I am going to layer it over Z5 on the top of my black Cobalt as a test drive.
What are its particulars, do I spritz an applicator pad the same way as Zaino and keep it as thin as possible ?Da Rules!

Street Dreams
06-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Thin as can be, no need to mist.

imported_firebird
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I have BFWD on it now. Could I layer Z2 over BFWD?

Old Pirate
06-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Red, are you talking about BFWD?

RED JEWELL SS
06-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Red, are you talking about BFWD?

Yes Zoom , I want apply BFWD over Z5 for an experiment....I will do just the top of the car....my question was do I need to spritz the applicator first like we do with Zaino ?

Old Pirate
06-03-2010, 08:12 PM
No, you don`t have to Red.

Todd@RUPES
06-04-2010, 07:49 AM
If it`s `as an experiment` then go for it and let us know how it turns out. I don`t know what will happen but I am pretty sure that the paint won`t fall off!;)

Enjoy your BFWD and let us know what you think!!!!!

(PS if your paint does fall off I am never ever never coming on here again!!!)

:D

RED JEWELL SS
06-04-2010, 03:51 PM
If it`s `as an experiment` then go for it and let us know how it turns out. I don`t know what will happen but I am pretty sure that the paint won`t fall off!;)

Enjoy your BFWD and let us know what you think!!!!!

(PS if your paint does fall off I am never ever never coming on here again!!!)

:D

Gee Todd , are you kinda skeptic about BF/Z5 :confused:...I didnt think layering sealants has ever been a problem ?

imported_Merlin
06-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I`m new here and I have used many type of polishes, sealants & wax. I just purchased my first bottle of BFWD to try this weekend. I currently have Z-2 on black. I would like to put BFWD on top of the Z-2.