PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Poli-Seal Consistency?

RoyD
11-25-2001, 09:33 AM
I need some help. I have a 85 bright red Corvette. I have had the car since last January. About three months ago I started having paint problems. When it rains, or if I wet the car with a hose, I get white milky spots on the paint. They show up the worst on the hood. After the cars sits in the garage for a few days, or sits in the sun, the spots will disappear, but they can not be washed, or waxed, away. I started having this problem after using a product called 88 Carbosol Systems Fast Wax, which contains carnauba wax. (www.fastwax.com) This probably had nothing to do with my problem, but I thought I would mention it. I have a very bright finish, with no fading. I`m not sure if it is original paint, but I suspect that the car has been repainted. Is there anything I can seal the paint with, to stop the water from penetrating and spotting?

Thanks for you help.

Neeraj
11-25-2001, 11:01 AM
I had the same problem on a Probe GT I had in 1995. Only on the hatch. I found out that the car had been damaged at the factory and the hatch repainted.

When it rained, I would have milky spots that would eventually disappear. I could not aleviate the problem with any wax.

I think it is water absorbing into the paint, then evaporating later. I would attribute this to soft paint with no clearcoat.

To fix this, I would think you may want to get your car coated with a clearcoat.

I would do that since, if water is able to penetrate the paint, anything that the water contains could seep into the paint and remain there when the water evaporates.

FYI. I found out that when a new car is damaged and repaired at the factory, it is not required that the dealer inform you. I found out mine had been damaged by having the dealer print out the complete maintenance record for my car.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Bobby G
11-25-2001, 11:42 AM
Roy,

I got your email on the same subject, and I have not seen this problem before. I suspect the car has been repainted, and you are experiencing a paint failure problem.

In my limited experience painting fiberglass bodies, painters use heavy primer products to fill pin holes. If these products are not used properly, I can see how it might cause bleed-through problems.

I highly recommend that you find a professional Vette painter in your area and ask if they have seen the problem before. I would also recommend that you strip the wax products, using PPCL or P21S PCL and apply a sealant: BLACKFIRE, Zaino or Klasse. It could very well be that your paint is reacting to the oils in the wax you used.

Regards,

David

imported_Mindflux
06-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I picked up my 32oz PoliSeal I`ve not got around to using yet and opened the lid to see what it looked like. It was definitely separated and yellow, clumpy material was all I could see.

I shook the container for a good minute before it no longer felt separated (was very watery/sloshy). In fact now when you shake it you feel nothing. It`s incredibly thick!

So, my question to you folks is what is PoliSeal`s consistency like? I`m sure it`s fine, though it seems that once shaken up the 32oz container only about half full? Did something evaporate off? I`ve had it about a year and a half.

Container + product weight = 31 ounces. It seems something evaporated off or I got shorted? All my polishes/compounds/waxes/etc stay inside in a controlled air conditioned environment to prevent excess heat or cool temperatures from doing weird things to products.

In fact, it`s so thick I can make it `stand` from the container.

http://gallery.me.com/mindflux/100013/Ps/web.jpg