PDA

View Full Version : Zaino fans??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

fishboy
11-24-2001, 08:16 PM
Ive sorta posted the same question in other threads. So, sorry if I offend anyone! But does anyone know the difference b/w 3M and stuff like `goo gone` and products like that?

dengelson
11-24-2001, 08:38 PM
You could find out a lot by examining the products MSDS sheets. 3M has its MSDS sheets (`http://products.mmm.com/us/auto_marine_aero/products/aad.jhtml?powurl=GSZQ0YPP2TgsGSLPLPKL4XgeGST1T4S9T Cgv6DTWTJQPBBglW49L5H2WV4bl_e20907667+7050`) available online, not sure about goo gone.

fishboy
11-24-2001, 09:31 PM
But it never worked. What site do you check MSDS at??

YoSteve
11-24-2001, 11:27 PM
You can get general MSDS`s from a number of sites, do a search, but that`s generally for chemical components not consumer products. If you want them, you`re going to have to approach the company.

jkochis
11-24-2001, 11:34 PM
The 3M website has all of the MSDS for their products.
http://products.3m.com/us/msds/msdsSearch.jhtml (`http://products.3m.com/us/msds/msdsSearch.jhtml`)

Here`s another with lots of links...
http://www.msdssearch.com/ (`http://www.msdssearch.com/`)

In general they will not list the "ingredients", merely only harmful chemicals.

imported_firebird
06-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Any opinions out there about Zaino products?

imported_Mindflux
06-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Long time Zaino user here. I love all of their sealant line (and the stuff that goes with that like QD/etc).

I`ve never tried their leather stuff or their trim/tire protectant but people who use the whole line say it`s pretty much all top notch.

I will say that I haven`t tried any recent sealants such as Power Lock, BFWD (this is in the works thanks to Angelo), etc. So I can`t say how it stacks up. But it`s been a mainstay in my detailing arsenal for a decade now.

imported_firebird
06-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Long time Zaino user here. I love all of their sealant line (and the stuff that goes with that like QD/etc).

I`ve never tried their leather stuff or their trim/tire protectant but people who use the whole line say it`s pretty much all top notch.

I will say that I haven`t tried any recent sealants such as Power Lock, BFWD (this is in the works thanks to Angelo), etc. So I can`t say how it stacks up. But it`s been a mainstay in my detailing arsenal for a decade now.
I currently use BFWD and many BF products and I am very happy with them and they will remain in my arsenal. Just wanted to try something different especially for white.

imported_Stokdgs
06-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Im a long time Zaino user, have all their products, and all of them perform exactly as advertised.

Their Z5 and Z2 Sealants are great, have longevity and contrary to much popular belief, they are very easy to use with their catylst, ZFX, which speeds up the drying process and further strengthens the finish.

Their leather cleaner and conditioner products are very nice, the cleaner is not as agressive as any APC out there, but then it wasnt designed that way.
But these products work well, leave a nice leather scent, and condition the leather great.

Their glass cleaner product is very good, their plastic cleaner is equally good, their AIO is really good, and leaves a layer of Zaino to start building on if wanted, their car wash is great, their QD Z6 is really good, and so on..

Their Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss couldnt have been described any better, it is perfect and lasts a long time.

I dont find any "bad" products in the Zaino line and I have been using them all for over 10 years..

They are all a bit pricey, but I believe you get what you pay for...

Good luck with your work and evaluation process ! :)

Dan

imported_User Name
06-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I think Luster has been using Zaino since about 1794 (yes he is more than 200 years old - he detailed the first Model T ;))

He is the resident expert and he loves the stuff. I`m mixed.

I think Zaino gives paint a better shine than anything out there. It is the only product (I have used) that I thought actually made my car shinier than anything else (some say it looks like a plastic finish) but I disagree.

I don`t think it is that easy to use, especially in comparison to something like BFWD. It certainly isn`t hard to use, just not a breeze like BFWD.

Protection is great, it lasts a long time (Z2Pro that is, with ZFX).

Slickness is good but again, NOWHERE near BFWD in my opinion. Other than Riccardo Yellow, Zaino makes the next best clay IMO (although I`ve only tried about a half dozen different clay products). Both of Zaino`s spray detailers are great as well.

imported_glfahlc
06-02-2010, 11:26 AM
i use zaino and blackfire products, lets just say its analogous to canon and nikon... you wont lose with either.

imported_Mindflux
06-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Slickness is good but again, NOWHERE near BFWD in my opinion. Other than Riccardo Yellow, Zaino makes the next best clay IMO (although I`ve only tried about a half dozen different clay products). Both of Zaino`s spray detailers are great as well.

It`d be interesting to find out how Zaino`s clay is different from the rest of the AutoMagic clay (the only company in the USA that can produce clay until 2012 or 2013). Effectively, aside from there being a couple different variations in clay "power", it`s all the same stuff. Riccardo may be entirely different, though it cannot be sold here until AutoMagic`s sole license runs out.

imported_Luster
06-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I think Luster has been using Zaino since about 1794 (yes he is more than 200 years old - he detailed the first Model T ;))

He is the resident expert and he loves the stuff.

Actually I`m 201.

I`ve been using Zaino sealants and detail sprays for over 10 years.

I use Zaino and BFWD about equally, both excellent, both easy to apply and wipe off.

Z6 is my favorite detail spray; I buy it by the case.

Z8 is the best "spray sealant" I`ve ever used and I use it routinely as my topper for BFWD and Z2/Z5.

imported_Mindflux
06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Z6 is my favorite detail spray; I buy it by the case.

Z8 is the best "spray sealant" I`ve ever used and I use it routinely as my topper for BFWD and Z2/Z5.

I love Z6 as well. It even works well diluted 1:1 with distilled water. (Mentioned somewhere on the zaino page). The scent is marvelous and the shine it gives is pretty dang good for a QD.

I`ve yet to use Z8 yet.. I have some, I just haven`t used it. :(

RED JEWELL SS
06-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I love Z6 as well. It even works well diluted 1:1 with distilled water. (Mentioned somewhere on the zaino page). The scent is marvelous and the shine it gives is pretty dang good for a QD.

I`ve yet to use Z8 yet.. I have some, I just haven`t used it. :(

Z8 is bad to the bone ! da dada da dant :rofl:...but it is very concentrated, a little goes a loooong way....leaves a very reflective finish.