PDA

View Full Version : Newbie name is buzz

Pages : [1] 2

offcenter
11-23-2001, 02:05 PM
I spent the morning trying out some items from my Paste Glaz Kit that I got on Ebay for $40. The Bodywork Shampoo was okay, I followed the instructions and used 1 ounce in a gallon of water. Personally, I prefer Meguiars Gold Class and Mothers Gold Car Wash. The Bodywork Shampoo has much less suds than Mequiars and Mothers. It seemed kinda flat when I sprayed water in the bucket, some foam, not much, disappointing. By the time I was done washing, there were no suds left. With Meguiars, there are still major suds when I am done. For the price, I will stick to Meguiars Gold Glass. After drying the car with my Water Bandit and MF towel, I applied the Paste Glaz to my Silver Passat which has 1xAIO and 3xSG. The Paste Glaz went on real easy, I tried the Koala Soft towel to remove the PG, it sucks big time. The towel left smears all over, so I switched to my Miracle Towel MF. Since the PG tends to gum up the towel, I had to use 3 MF`s to remove the PG, 1 Miracle Towel, the rest Neatitems MF and then I used a neatitems.com suede MF for final buffing. AWESOME shine, even if it only lasts 4-5 weeks, I`ll be happy. When I went to clean the yellow foam applicator I used for the PG, I noticed lots of wax still impregnated in the applicator. Maybe I applied too much wax, I could have just squeezed the foam instead of "dipping" in the jar for more wax. Overall, I rate Pate Glaz a 9 out of 10, easy to apply, easy to remove with the right towel. Great shine. For the price I paid for the Paste Glaz kit, it was a good deal. Next week I will try the Crystal Mist and in the springtime, I`ll use the PPCL. I will probably finish using the bottle of Bodywork Shampoo but won`t purchase anymore since I have a gallon of Meguiars which is far better IMO. I also AIO`d my side windows and tailamps and tried 303 on my tires. Time for a break:eek:

JasonC8301
11-23-2001, 02:18 PM
I am going to assume you used a little too much wax. Just a thin light coat, like SG, maybe a bit more. I really like the Paste Glaz, as well as anyone who has tried it, have not heard one bad thing about it except durability, but it is sooooo easy to apply.

As for the bodyshampoo, is it the new one with tuffsuds or the older formula? I found the sample I recieved to be very sudsy, but stick with Meguiars IMHO $10 a gallon is by far the best deal I encountered with a shampoo.

Thanks for the review,

Jason

offcenter
11-23-2001, 02:26 PM
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I applied too much PG based on what you said. Maybe that`s why the Koala Soft didn`t work too well. Next time I`ll tone it down and use a bit more than SG. Since I got the kit "cheap" it`s probably old stock so I don`t think it has the tuffsuds, anyway to identify the bottle?

BradE
11-23-2001, 03:41 PM
Nice review. :up I also like Paste Glaz, but if you are hoping for 5 weeks out of it I think you will be dissapointed. In my use with it I found that it lasts about 3 weeks max, maybe less depending on weather conditions.

I was not overly impressed with Pinnacle Shampoo either. It a descent wash, but not worth the $$$ IMO.Hopefully the new formula is better in terms of suds. I agree 100% about the Meguiars Gold Class Wash. It is a really great product, and the price is right too.

JasonC8301
11-23-2001, 03:49 PM
is correct about durability, but its so easy to apply, a little longer than QD.

I think it should say Tuffsuds TM on the bottle, but then again I may be wrong.

You probably have the older one, but no fear, you can use it up and go with Gold Class.

Many like the Gold Class very much, price is just right and performance is good.

Jason

Don2000g
11-25-2001, 12:45 PM
The new Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo formula is awesome. Its a great shampoo that gives lots of suds. It is my favorite wash so far. However, if price is a factor, then the Meguiar`s Gold class wash is certainly great. I have a gallon of the stuff and would readily recommend it to everyone. It`s a steal. Laters

truvette
11-25-2001, 02:34 PM
Pinnacle Shampoo is the best on the market. If you own a black car like me, it is well worth the price. The lubrication gives me peace of mind knowing that I am not scratching up my car in the washing process. I highly recommend this product to anyone who owns a dark colored vehicle.

69-912
11-25-2001, 03:57 PM
Thumbs up for Pinnacle Shampoo!

offcenter
11-27-2001, 03:34 PM
Well, today the sun was out after 4 drizzly, dark overcast days. I haven`t washed my car since applying the Paste Glaz on Friday. All I can say is that the car looks incredible, as Yo Steve stated, the AIO/SG topped with Paste Glaz just pops out, it almost glows. I never owned a car that looked so good, man, it`s awesome. The silver color is unbelievable. This will be my new routine AIO/SGx3 two to three times a year, Pinnnacle Paste Glaz monthly. The 303 on the tires is holding up well with a nice deep. black finish: Some days you realize that all the detailing work and product experimentation pays off.cool:

Don2000g
12-10-2001, 12:12 AM
Rad21, that routine sounds awesome. In fact, it was my routine for quite some time. However, I did always have 5 coats of Klasse SG and I would alternate with Pinnacle Paste Glaze and Pinnacle Souveran. I kind of miss those days. It was so much fun using those wonderful products.

Vette 03
05-31-2010, 02:14 PM
New to this forum !

Old Pirate
05-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Welcome Buzz to TID.........:wizard:

imported_Flash Gordon
05-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Welcome to TruthInDetailing Buzz. This is without doubt the #1 Detailing Forum in tha game. Hope to see you around :Car smiley:

bmw5541
05-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Welcome to the family Buzz!:rockon:

Todd@RUPES
06-01-2010, 06:41 AM
From a C5 fan to a C5 owner, welcome to the forum!