PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite tire gloss ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

imported_roadk
11-22-2001, 11:01 AM
just a quick thanks to everyone who has sent a reply my way, helping me detail

like i couldn`t have imagined a few months ago.

i just put a coat of P21S over the many layers of SG and the car couldn`t look better.

i couldn`t have done it without the help from the people on this forum.

my sincerest thanks and

a happy thanksgiving.

--roadk

z4zen
11-22-2001, 11:50 AM
I second your thanks RoadK. So many people on this board have been helpful in getting me on the right road to a clean, well maintained car (though it doesn`t look that way today)...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! ;)

RED JEWELL SS
05-31-2010, 09:40 AM
I am looking for a product that gives the side wall a nice complexion,a little glossy but that does not sling.There are a million tire after shaves,but which one is the best?:Dancing Dot:

Ha Ha, on my first car that was a 55 ford 2dht...rednwhite..... I use to wipe brake fluid on the side walls....:rofl:

Tuck91
05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
I like Meguiars All Season Dressing or M40.

imported_TLMitchell
05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
I am looking for a product that gives the side wall a nice complexion,a little glossy but that does not sling.There are a million tire after shaves,but which one is the best?:Dancing Dot:

I don`t particularly care for a garish, high-gloss shine. I use Stoner`s spray on More Shine on tires. Dries quick, no sling, lasts better than most and is available OTC for around 5 bucks at Pep Boys, AutoZone, etc. Let it dry you get more gloss than I want, give it a wipe after you spray all 4 for a more matte, clean looking finish.

TL

imported_Luster
05-31-2010, 12:35 PM
If I could only pick one, it would be Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss. Makes black rubber look brand new.;)

imported_akimel
05-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Presently, my favorite low-gloss, water-based tire dressings are: Mother`s Reflections Tire Care, Showroom FX`s White Pearl, and Surf City Garage`s Beyond Black. They do not sling. Reflections and White Pearl leave a low-gloss look. Beyond Black hardly any gloss, but gives the tire a deep black natural look.

I also like Stoner`s All Shine, but I haven`t figured out how not to get overspray all over the car. The last two times I`ve used it, I have found tiny little droplets over most of the vehicle. I did, however, apply it in the garage--was that the problem? I even used a piece of cardboard as a shield--to no avail.

imported_Luster
05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Ha Ha, on my first car that was a 55 ford 2dht...rednwhite..... I use to wipe brake fluid on the side walls....:rofl:

LOL... Yeah, that was the prevailing wisdom of the day!!!

I also used Ivory Liquid Dishwashing soap on tires!!! (back in the `70`s) :rofl::biggrin: ..(Hey... nobody ever accused me of being real smart.):o

imported_wendell jarvis
05-31-2010, 06:18 PM
I have tried so many tire dressings over the years, but I found one and only one that I use now on all my clients vehicles....OPTI- BOND

Legacy99
05-31-2010, 07:07 PM
I have tried so many tire dressings over the years, but I found one and only one that I use now on all my clients vehicles....OPTI- BOND:iagree:and like you have tried a ton of tire dressings. The other otc dressing that I like is Armor All Gel.

imported_glfahlc
05-31-2010, 07:19 PM
my present go to dressing is exteme black... a satin sheen and no shininess or sling

Husker Z
05-31-2010, 08:09 PM
If I could only pick one, it would be Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss. Makes black rubber look brand new.;)

If I could buy this stuff by the 50 gallon drum, I would. Perfect tire dressing, not too glossy, lasts a long time, NEVER slings and I use it on all exterior plastic trim as well. Haven`t found a product that`s even rivaled it yet.

Legacy99
06-01-2010, 12:14 AM
If I could buy this stuff by the 50 gallon drum, I would. Perfect tire dressing, not too glossy, lasts a long time, NEVER slings and I use it on all exterior plastic trim as well. Haven`t found a product that`s even rivaled it yet.I tired it and gave it away.

Todd@RUPES
06-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Opti Bond or for a little more shine, Blackfire Tire Gel.

Junebug
06-01-2010, 08:49 AM
OK, I personally haven`t tried it, but I`ve heard That DG 253 was really close to Z16 in everyway except price/and OTC.