PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, Paul Dalton here from Miracle Detail

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

imported_89LXi
11-21-2001, 10:29 AM
I just bought a new 2002 Ford Expedition with leather interior. And this is the first time I have had leather. There are a lot of products that will probably do a great job of protecting it. I would appreciate any and all opinions and experiences on what has worked best for you.

I am new to the site and have found it to be very informative and entertaining. Keep up the great posts!

Lemonxxs
11-21-2001, 10:34 AM
Welcome to the site! It is one of the best.

I suggest you first read David B`s Autoia website and check out all his detailing tips. Then do a search for leather in the forums and I am sure you will find a ton of information.

After that research you probably have more specific questions.

Be careful at first since your seats probably have a coating on them to protect the leather and use mild cleaners like just plain water and a MT.

I have tried several products and have been happy with most.

imported_ONEFASTCL600
11-21-2001, 12:10 PM
AmsoilAD, the first thing to figure out is whether or not your leather is coated....ask the dealer, they might know...if not, use a mild cleanser in a hidden spot, rub gently and see if any of the leather color comes off. No color on your rag = coated. If coated, you can more or less treat it like vinyl. My fiance has an Escape and the leather is coated so I imagine it is coated on the Expedition as well....shouldnt assume though. Like Guess My Name said, you can simply use plain water and a miracle towel to wipe clean and then cover with 303 protectant. Seems to have worked so far...........

Ron Ketcham
11-21-2001, 12:24 PM
don`t forget, I supply Ford Motor Company, it is clearcoated.

Ketch

:cool:

imported_ONEFASTCL600
11-21-2001, 12:38 PM
Ron, dont suppose you supply GM as well? No matter who I talk to there, I cannot get a definitive answer on whether or not my Tahoe leather is coated. ..... After doing the "tests", I am 99.0% sure it is, but would love to hear from another source???

Ron Ketcham
11-21-2001, 01:12 PM
It is coated as well, the hides for all the big 3 come from about 5 suppliers and all are to the basic same specification.

Ketch

:up

Cybercowboy
11-21-2001, 02:12 PM
Gee, this sounds like one of those posts I used to see on the ragingbull stock board. Somebody would post a question that was so generic that it could have been posted on any one of 5000 stock boards and would then tout a product in their sig. Just thought it was interesting as this is the first one that appears to be blantant. If I`m off base, sorry. But I`ll bet that AmsoilAD doesn`t reply to this.

Bob Post
11-21-2001, 04:22 PM
I have used `em all the EO is very good stuff, the seat seems to absord the product much better than the Lexol I previously used, and it looks much better to boot! Lexol is supposed to be the standard, but the EO is a much better product to me. I use the Lexol and never really saw a difference in the look of the leather (as if it had not been conditioned) but EO leaves a very nice, conditioned sheen to the seats without being

sticky or greasy. I use 303 protectant every couple of weeks to protect the seats. (UV)

Ron Ketcham
11-21-2001, 06:15 PM
I left on Oct 21 and went to Manila for 8 days, then on to Singapore, then Maylasia and ended up in Bangkok.

Set up our new distribution in the Philippines, worked with our guys in Singapore and the Proton people are going to handle the AI line in Maylasia. Got back on Nov 9 th.

We are either going with VIV or a Ford Parts division for Thailand.

Met a lot of oil guys in Maylasia attending a safety conference at the Marriott.

Have some background in that business, so was like old home week a bit.

Ketch

:up

San Antonio Sam
11-22-2001, 07:25 AM
Hey Ron! U comin to Singapore again? Let`s meetup if U`re down here again in our sunny island! (okay, it`s rainy right now).

Do drop me a mail or try calling me (065) 96913646.

Cheers!

Gavin

Ron Ketcham
11-22-2001, 09:26 AM
I stayed at the Marriott on Orchard.

Will possibly be back next spring, but not sure at this point.

Know I will be in the Philippines, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok, but have to make a decision on some things in Singapore.

Don`t have your email, mine is ketch@autoint.com (``)

If I do come back there, we will most likely do a "road show", have an evening or Saturday 2 hour Seminar.

Seems that is very popular over there.

Ketch
:bounce

Scottwax
11-22-2001, 12:26 PM
For cleaning leather, the best product I have found it Woolite. Yes, Woolite, the same gentle sweater detergent your Mom used.

Mix it down 6:1 with water (6 parts water to 1 part Woolite) in a spray bottle. Spray onto the leather, use a semi-stiff brush to remove heavy soil, or just a towel for light soil. Wipe dry and use the protectant of your choice. I prefer Tanner`s Preserves protectant (I haven`t tried their cleaner but someone else posted they didn`t like it) because it changes the color very little, soaks in quickly and leaves a light sheen without looking greasy.

imported_ONEFASTCL600
11-22-2001, 01:01 PM
Thanks Ron! .... I should have freakin` asked you in the first place...would have saved myself lots of time...

As for your observance regarding the product plug Guess My Name...nice pick-up, I didnt even notice........

...Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving...

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-22-2001, 08:44 PM
but Guess is ok too....:) ;) :p

jkochis
11-22-2001, 09:13 PM
Good catch CyberCowboy, I agree.