PDA

View Full Version : heres my dilemna, what would you do

Pages : [1] 2

riverafjr
11-20-2001, 11:22 PM
looking for a wax that offers protection first shine second? dont want to go the sealant way . i know its better but want to stay with the carnuba based wax

Ron Ketcham
11-20-2001, 11:34 PM
There are products that are a blend of carnuaba, both natural and synthetic, with polymer bases.

These will provide the "first" bloom of "depth" and allow the protection that is superior to carnuaba, just need to do your homework.

Ketch

:up

YoSteve
11-20-2001, 11:40 PM
The most durable carnuba wax we use around here is One Grand Blitz Wax like 2-3 months if you take car of it and use their quick detailer (One Grand Show-Off).

check out www.onegrand.com

DETAILKING
11-20-2001, 11:40 PM
These are some pretty durable carnubas. I don`t buy the polymer crap......carnuba has oils, and oils and polymers don`t mix. If they are in there, they surely are not functional. Perhaps if a formulation contains polyethylene wax (which most probably do) they claim that is the POLYMER in the system.......

JasonC8301
11-20-2001, 11:44 PM
Klasse AIO to clean/polish/seal the paint. Then use your favorite carnauba.

I would Klasse AIO the paint twice a year if a daily driver and outside 24/7, but if in the garage 1/2-1/1 of the day, Klasse AIO once a year.

Keep re-applying the carnauba though. Blitz is one of the most durable carnaubas out there 2-3 months as stated before.

If you want to apply wax often (once a month) and you have a darker colored car, try one of Pinnacle`s kits with the Souveran wax.

Jason

Don2000g
11-26-2001, 12:20 AM
Jason is absolutely correct. If you want to go the carnauba route, it really makes sense to use Klasse AIO first. It will do a great job of prepping and cleaning your paint finish. Awesome stuff. It will also lay down some acrylic for protection. Should give you 6 months. Then top it with One Grand Blitz wax. Excellent wax at an excellent value. Laters

Steve @ Guru
11-26-2001, 01:17 PM
You might like to try some of the Collinite waxes if protection is your primary concern. They don`t offer the most perfect clarity, but their protection seems to be pretty top notch.

Their website is: http://www.collinite.com (`http://www.collinite.com`)

imported_glfahlc
05-26-2010, 09:27 PM
i have no garage to keep my cars in. there`s absolutely no way i can wash, clay, 105/205 and jewel the whole car in one day. i may be able to do the hood and fenders one day, doors another day then trunk and hood the next. what way would you do this as far as stripping and prepping and all that goes into a 100% correction. i own a 71 vette, a 2000 740iL, a f150 pick up and a volvo 850 station wagon..

Legacy99
05-27-2010, 04:01 AM
i have no garage to keep my cars in. there`s absolutely no way i can wash, clay, 105/205 and jewel the whole car in one day. i may be able to do the hood and fenders one day, doors another day then trunk and hood the next. what way would you do this as far as stripping and prepping and all that goes into a 100% correction. i own a 71 vette, a 2000 740iL, a f150 pick up and a volvo 850 station wagon..There is nothing wrong in doing the job in sections. The problem is the set up every day, that is, dragging out all your equipment to start the job. You should be able to wash, clay and polish in one day. QD the next day or a quick ONR wash and then jewel and LSP.

bmw5541
05-27-2010, 08:59 AM
I agree 100%. I also have no garage, so that is exactaly what I do. I wash, clay and prep the car the first day. Then the second day, I do a waterless wash. That will only take about 10 minutes. Then you can take care of the correction and LSP.

imported_glfahlc
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
my main concern is leaving the car completely unprotected in between steps.. what would do the mot damage to unprotected paint... and lets not forget we`re talking four steps before i put on the lsp... m105/205...jeweling...another wash and dry...then the lsp

bmw5541
05-27-2010, 02:24 PM
my main concern is leaving the car completely unprotected in between steps.. what would do the mot damage to unprotected paint... and lets not forget we`re talking four steps before i put on the lsp... m105/205...jeweling...another wash and dry...then the lsp

I have been able to do a full detail in one day. Obviously, it all depends on just how bad the condition of the car is in. If it is just a typical car with light to medium swirls, it can be done. To save you time, start with on ONR wash instead of a typical 2BM. Then clay. Many people wash again after the clay process, but just use a quality QD and MF. Then you can start in with the polishing process. The jeweling might add some extra time though. I have done a full detail, including wash, clay, polish, finish polish, and first coat of sealant in 9-10 hrs. Just atart nice and early, and take only very short breaks.

imported_Stokdgs
05-27-2010, 04:35 PM
I would tell Santa you want car and truck covers for Christmas ! :)

Check out california car cover dot com I have purchased numerous covers from them over the years and they are really nice and fit tight.

I have a 2-car garage and 3 personal vehicles, so detailing out of it makes for sometimes all my vehicles outside and client`s cars inside, so in that respect, I dont have a garage either alot of the time too ! :(

I need to continue to follow my own advice; I have one cover for the 540i, now, just 2 more to go, right ? :)

My christmas wish is for a multi-car garage/shop someday, so I can have room to do all that stuff and not have to leave anything outside.

Good luck,

Dan F

imported_Luster
05-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I`ve done many cars in sections. Mostly in the winter, when I`m bored for something to do, I`ll work in the garage and do the front fenders and hood. The next day I`ll do the doors and top... third day the rear fenders/deck/bumper.

Perfectly legitimate way to do your work! :biggrin:

imported_glfahlc
05-27-2010, 04:58 PM
I would tell Santa you want car and truck covers for Christmas ! :)

Check out california car cover dot com I have purchased numerous covers from them over the years and they are really nice and fit tight.

I have a 2-car garage and 3 personal vehicles, so detailing out of it makes for sometimes all my vehicles outside and client`s cars inside, so in that respect, I dont have a garage either alot of the time too ! :(

I need to continue to follow my own advice; I have one cover for the 540i, now, just 2 more to go, right ? :)

My christmas wish is for a multi-car garage/shop someday, so I can have room to do all that stuff and not have to leave anything outside.

Good luck,

Dan F

i posted a question on car covers and the consensus was they actually add scratches to your finish...