PDA

View Full Version : heres my dilemna, what would you do

Pages : 1 [2]

imported_glfahlc
05-27-2010, 05:01 PM
I`ve done many cars in sections. Mostly in the winter, when I`m bored for something to do, I`ll work in the garage and do the front fenders and hood. The next day I`ll do the doors and top... third day the rear fenders/deck/bumper.

Perfectly legitimate way to do your work! :biggrin:

you have a garage Bill, if i had a garage there would be no problem doing the cars in sections. my old plumbers back wouldn`t allow me to work on a car for 9-10 hours...fuget about it.

imported_Flash Gordon
05-27-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree with whats all been said. Only thing I will add is maybe you could do the wash process one afternoon and then the next morning do a qd. Also, you should get an early start the next day, shall we say 5:30am :sarge

You also may wanna invest in one of those pop up tent things. This could help keep the Sun off your back as you work :Car smiley:

Puckman
05-28-2010, 06:08 AM
I also wouldn`t stress too much about not having any LSP on the vehicle for a short amount of time. With the care you`re giving the paint over the long term a little naked exposure to the elements wouldn`t be too detrimental. You`ll get some on it in say a week or two right?

I also like the suggestion of picking up a pop up canopy. I`ve yet to get one myself but it`s on the list of immediate needs.

imported_glfahlc
05-28-2010, 08:48 AM
I also wouldn`t stress too much about not having any LSP on the vehicle for a short amount of time. With the care you`re giving the paint over the long term a little naked exposure to the elements wouldn`t be too detrimental. You`ll get some on it in say a week or two right?

I also like the suggestion of picking up a pop up canopy. I`ve yet to get one myself but it`s on the list of immediate needs.

yeah i probably will puck. the issue of course is getting enough nice days in a row to complete it. i have a carport but i have the vette on jackstands there now so any other car will be out in the elements. i`ll try and post pics like the pros do.