PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s 7" Solo Wool Light Cutting Pad with Orbital?

Pages : [1] 2

lpandroc
11-20-2001, 07:48 PM
Hi gang...I have 4 coats of SG on my paint and am really not happy with the hood....I have never clayed before and bought some mothers clay bar kit today....i just want to do the hood...After I clay ...how do I remove the clay residue without removing the AIO/SG? I dont want to Dawn the car!!...after I clay the hood...do I re-apply SG?...Does it remove all the coats of SG?...thanks, just need general advice on claying and klasse...Lance

imported_Intermezzo
11-20-2001, 08:40 PM
Claying will not remove KSG. Just clay per instructions and wipe any remaining residue off with an MF towel. Clay residue really isn`t a problem with the Mother`s brand.

Remember that the Mother`s clay kit comes with a QD lubricant containing carnauba so wait a few days and do a wash (w/regular car soap) before applying your next coat of KSG.

imported_Luster
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Has anyone used this pad with a DA or RO polisher?

The product data clearly states: This pad can be used on rotary polisher as well as orbital and dual action polishers.

I`m very interested in how this compares to the LC Yellow or LC Orange foam pads.

Here`s the link at PAC...

http://properautocare.com/wwlc7.html

Old Pirate
05-26-2010, 08:20 PM
The foam pads you can use with your orbital and dual action polishers and the Wool pads ( WWLC7, WWHC7 ) with your rotary polisher.

imported_Luster
05-26-2010, 09:11 PM
The foam pads you can use with your orbital and dual action polishers and the Wool pads ( WWLC7, WWHC7 ) with your rotary polisher.

Angelo... The info on the wool pads states that they can be used for "Rotary as well as Orbital and Dual Action".

Look here... http://properautocare.com/wwlc7.html

Todd@RUPES
05-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Angelo... The info on the wool pads states that they can be used for "Rotary as well as Orbital and Dual Action".

Look here... http://properautocare.com/wwlc7.html

Bill, I will double check today but I am almost certain that these pads are recommended for rotary polishers only. There is an inhernet flaw with using wool pads on a DA (although non-diminishing abrasives have made them more effective) in that a lot of the `jiggling` motion will be absorbed by the yarn.

imported_Luster
05-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Bill, I will double check today but I am almost certain that these pads are recommended for rotary polishers only. There is an inhernet flaw with using wool pads on a DA (although non-diminishing abrasives have made them more effective) in that a lot of the `jiggling` motion will be absorbed by the yarn.

Hey Todd... I kind of suspected that. I`ll probably stick with Surbuf and Purple Foamed Wool. Thanks...............:biggrin:

Old Pirate
05-27-2010, 07:48 AM
The "Orbital and Dual Action" will be remove. This pad was made for Rotary use, using it with a orbital or DA might like Todd has said `jiggling` motion will be absorbed by the yarn and won`t work the way it was intended.

imported_Luster
05-27-2010, 07:50 AM
The "Orbital and Dual Action" will be remove. This pad was made for Rotary use, using it with a orbital or DA might like Todd has said `jiggling` motion will be absorbed by the yarn and won`t work the way it was intended.

Thanks Angelo..... Surbufs and PFW`s are doing a good job for me.:biggrin:

Old Pirate
05-27-2010, 07:53 AM
I need to get some of the Surbufs to try out.:wizard:

imported_Luster
05-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I need to get some of the Surbufs to try out.:wizard:

I like `em. They cut quite well, but the nice thing is... You can substantially lighten up on the PRESSURE. They actually work better with no pressure, just machine weight + maybe 5 pounds. The Downside? They`re not long-lasting like foam. 4-5 uses.

Old Pirate
05-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks Bill:wizard:

imported_Stokdgs
05-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Bill Luster,

Did you get the JPG`s I sent you awhile back?

Dan F

imported_Luster
05-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Bill Luster,

Did you get the JPG`s I sent you awhile back?

Dan F

Refresh my memory... Send PM.

imported_Stokdgs
05-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Bill

Resent the emails to your email account - did you wake up from your nap yet??? :):):)
Dan F