PDA

View Full Version : BFWD all finish vs BFWD all metal sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

cahlroach
11-20-2001, 06:36 PM
Subject line says it all.

http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=389184#post389184 (`http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=389184#post389184`)

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-20-2001, 06:51 PM
if he taakes their advice about the extra wiping....let us know...CMA is awesome....try returning used products to any other site....:up...........maybe some other Bf users here can comment about his technique...if that could be the problem...:confused:

cahlroach
11-20-2001, 07:23 PM
Yeah CMA is incredible.

I look at the S2000 forum several times each day. If there are any new developments, I will keep you posted.

YoSteve
11-20-2001, 07:35 PM
100`s of vechiles? did the do any cars? haha, j/k

It sounds like it may not work for everyone, another testimonial to all cars not being alike and what works for some may not work for all (cause all cars are the same) good thing it`s returnable :) maybe this is similar to how Klasse and Zaino may not work for everyone.

JonB
11-20-2001, 07:37 PM
I have seen Blackfire on two colors so far. Royal Blue VW and a dark green Mustang.

The VW got one coat of polish and one coat protectant. The Blackfire replaced Klasse so I can comment on that. I found the shine to be quite pleasing. There was a nice depth to it. No residue left, especially after using the QD....really brought the gloss up.

The Mustang also has Klasse/Blitz. I noticed that the shine of Blackfire is very very similar to this combo. It is on the trunk lid and everything else is Klasse/Blitz. I have now viewed it in several different lighting situations. The trunk is definitely a shade lighter. I guess it does not darken the color like Blitz. The depth of the shine is very close. I don`t know if I could really tell the difference unless I did half the hood BF and half Klasse/Blitz.

I have only seen Zaino on a Silver Accord. It gives a very bright glassy shine. Not as much depth to my eye, but then again these are very different colors.

Therefore we have Mobious detailing:

Blackfire is better than Klasse

Klasse is better than Zaino

Zaino is better than Blackfire

:confused: :confused: :confused:

H

Jngrbrdman
11-20-2001, 08:26 PM
I think the mobious detailing comparison isn`t perhaps 100% accurate. I think that the different products are better or worse that other products based on what kind and color of paint they are applied to. If I expected the same results on my white car from Klasse that I saw on a black car with Klasse then I might thing there was something wrong. I had to have several coats before I started seeing how amazing it was. I think Zaino may be a great product but maybe not better than Klasse on certian colors. People have mentioned that Honda paint has problems with Klasse before so maybe the same will hold true with Blackfire. I dunno. At least that guy didn`t start bagging on Blackfire and saying that is was crap. He just said that it didn`t work very well on his car. I`m glad he can be objective about it.

imported_Kevin Brown
11-20-2001, 10:12 PM
Have the early adopters test the product out before we try it. Blackfire is not perfect at this moment from the S2000 test of BF. A lot of people using Zaino really like the shine and that is all they want. Personally, depth and warmth in the car`s paint really brings out the true colour of the car.

DETAILKING
11-20-2001, 11:38 PM
I wouldn`t not try out blackfire because of this review......just like I would not jump and go out and buy it because of one GREAT review. I think it is still too early to tell, but what I would do is remember all these reviews and after about 10 more or so, evaluate the systems strengths and weaknesses.

It`s tough releasing a new product, because you are never going to mimick every car color, and application method, situation, temperature,etc,etc,etc.....to work out the bugs. Plus there is always the idiot factor in all of us to some degree. You can see how one bad review effects the reputation of a new product for some people. Perhaps this is why SAL is testing ZFX to DEATH before release to get it perfect.........

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-20-2001, 11:42 PM
like with all products ..new especially..there`s a;ways someone who doesnt/does like it...pretty soon as more Autopians get there Bf...the "truth` as close as it gets anyway...will come out...then we all decide for ourselves...as usual...

ISLANDSBEST
11-21-2001, 03:57 AM
Along DK`s line, one application by one individual is an insufficient amount of testing to draw <em class=`bbc`>any[/i] definitive conclusion. There are many variables in applying a paint protectant/wax. We don`t know which might or might not be at work here. Perhaps the tester made errors. Perhaps the paint was improperly prepared.

We know that if you apply K or Z incorrectly, you may not get good results.

You need a sufficient "sample size" as its called, a sufficient number of controlled trials, before you can make a definite conclusion.

I was disappointed to see people on that forum jump to conclusions based on one person`s first time experience, briefly reported.

cahlroach
11-21-2001, 08:35 AM
I agree, that`s why I used "initial". The jury is still out, for me at least, until I see more reviews.

touhy
11-21-2001, 10:41 AM
I wonder if the issue is the paint on S2000. I just rubbed out a small mark on one yesterday and it appears they are not clear coated.

Will Dunion
11-21-2001, 10:49 AM
My understanding is that all S2000 colors are clear coated. Which color is it that you are referring to?

Lemonxxs
11-21-2001, 10:51 AM
I love CMA customer service and that is worth it to me more than saving a few bucks!

Great JOB CMA.

What a email letter from Terry to the user of BLACKFIRE.

A must read for all retailers!

touhy
11-21-2001, 10:52 AM
The car was red and I pulled alot of red off with the polish.