PDA

View Full Version : I`m not a Ford guy... But......

Pages : [1] 2

miguelgf
11-20-2001, 01:24 AM
Having just taken delivery of my new car (only 5 miles; first time I`m owning something with less than 90k on the odometer ;) - I`m trying to protect that bad boy inside and out.

The interior is a special consideration for me - since the next family addition is due sometime in January, and I`m sure he/she will not be as kind to the interior as his/her father.

I ordered some Leatherique - but I`m not so sure it`ll be enough to protect the seats. I thought of following up with 303 - but I`m nervous to combine these two products - I`m not trying to make a chemical milkshake on my seats.

They`re beige colored (smart move for a guy expecting a kid, right) - and the logical next step will still be to order the OEM vinyl seat cover. But can I add some 303 to keep the stains from setting in under the seatcover?

Also - I tried searching, but with too many hits. Has anyone ever compared 303 Fabric Protectant and Scotchguard? I have some Scotchguard lying around, and would like to use it up - but I don`t want to be cheap and I will order some 303 Fabric Protectant if it`s the superior product.

Once again - thanks to the mighty detailing gods for their advice. I just finished claying and Klassing my new truck, and the results are the best I`ve ever had.

Thanks,

-John

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-20-2001, 10:00 AM
i had a bad staining incident a few yrs ago with it...but thats just me...i like 303 for vinyl(beter UV protection)...i use the scitchguard/303 fabric guard for carpetting /cloth...etc....i dont see any reason u couldnt use the 303 inder the covers...just be sure to really buff it out well as for combining the leatherique and 303...i dont know whats in leatherique so i apss on that one....congrats on your new arrival(or as others have called them....cookie crumblers,,,,:) )

Cybercowboy
11-20-2001, 10:11 AM
I have applied 303 to leather seats done with Zaino Leather-In-A-Bottle and it was fine. I would apply the leather conditioner as per the instructions and after a week or so follow up with 303.

The 303 fabric guard is very good. You can use your Scotchguard up first if you like - it doesn`t last more than a couple of months in my experience. Floni, I think he was saying that he wanted to use the Scotchguard on his carpet - not his leather seats!

I got a brand new car a few weeks ago and I simply used 303 on the leather seats. I will use the Zaino leather stuff on it next spring for the first time. In my case the owners manual stated that the factory applied some kind of conditioner on the seats, and it is good for about 6 months. Not that it would have hurt the seats if I had put it on. This car (the vette) is going to be a garage queen this winter.

On my older vehicle (the Expedition) I really had my work cut out and had to thoroughly clean and condition the leather. I used the Zaino stuff (cleaner and conditioner) for that. Now I just apply 303 every time I do the interior and it`s great!

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-20-2001, 10:37 AM
:D..i just re-read it and ...well nuff said...nitey-nite rabbit..:p

Lemonxxs
11-20-2001, 12:12 PM
You can use the 303 on all vinyl, plastic & leather surfaces. It will provide some UV protection and help protect it from bad stuff. Find one that smells good to you as well. nothing like getting in a car that has a smell in there you cannot stand like a bean eating Uncle.

There are other products that work as well and some that do not. Experiment until you are happy.

imported_Luster
05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
The new 5.0 Mustang is showing a lot of potential...

This guy just bought his 5.0 and added exhaust, CAI, and a 100 shot. He`s in the 10`s.

This car is bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwU1q4pkoo&feature=player_embedded

kobe
05-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Holy crap.

imported_Flash Gordon
05-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Ahhhh, I can smell the rubber from here :drool5:

imported_nbk13nw
05-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah... Justin also added some gears... 4:56 I think. He did the same thing when the GT`s first came out in 2005. Picked up a new one and next thing you know he was setting firsts in the GT`s.

Puckman
05-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Gawd that`s quick!!!

grungy
05-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Luster - that is a sub $50K car.. not bad:rofl:

ZL1Mark
05-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Not bad for a car in the $30`s.

However,

This is what it`s all about! BONE STOCK!!!!!!!!! :Dancing Dot: :biggrin:

imported_Luster
05-23-2010, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=07 z-oh-6;37819]Not bad for a car in the $30`s.

However,

This is what it`s all about! BONE STOCK!!!!!!!!! :Dancing Dot: :biggrin:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::rockon:

Hey Mark..... That time slip leaves NO DOUBT!!!!

On RUNFLATS!!!!!!! Unbelievable.:w00t:

imported_broker99
05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Stangs with a quality exhaust has a sweet exhaust note.

thecarter13
05-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Can`t wait till they really get into dissecting these motors a bit more, should result in some good mods down the line.

As usual with ford, the rods will definitely be a weak point but I can definitely for see guys hitting the 9`s in the next year once the tweaking and what not begins.

I myself plan on picking one up to accompany the other ford in my garage, :clap: Too bad it sucks I am hurting for cash now lol. :(

And wow at the vette, haven`t seen a bone stock run that fast (no offense here) but they never seem to do as well as they should at the track.