PDA

View Full Version : Tuneaus.

Lemonxxs
11-19-2001, 11:10 PM
Anyone heard of this place?

See Link: http://www.rightlook.com (`http://www.rightlook.com`)

They have tons of stuff

100 MT for $240.

I am just curious if anyone has heard of them and/or purchased from them.

Bobby G
11-20-2001, 12:34 AM
Yep... I`ve been watching them for a while. They are here in San Diego. They seem to have some interesting things for pro detailers.

Andre'
11-20-2001, 12:59 AM
Yes. I orderd some applicator bottles and brushes , delivery was very slow.

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-20-2001, 09:18 AM
lots of pro detailer stuff...videos..etc...i like the pensander...that looks nice and this....only hold 2 gallons on each side)i usually use a 5 gallon bucket) but im sick of dragging around 2 buckets...:D ...

shepro
05-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I have a 05 Dakota Quad short box and am considering purchasing a Tuneau Cover.Does anybody have any recomendations as to Brand?Also maintainance of said item?

Thanks for any help.

imported_Flash Gordon
05-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Leer or A R E

TonneauCoversWorld.com has a nice selection

Gmcsierra2000
05-22-2010, 11:47 AM
```lord also makes a nice tonneau cover, the traditional X2000 is my preference.

imported_TLMitchell
05-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I have a 05 Dakota Quad short box and am considering purchasing a Tuneau Cover.Does anybody have any recomendations as to Brand?Also maintainance of said item?

Thanks for any help.

I`ve had a couple of Extangs and liked `em. Zip lock style channel instead of snaps, lots easier. They also have bi-level bows so you can lower `em and still stretch the cover on it`s not sitting in the sun.

Whatever you buy I would advise avoiding snaps. Over time the cover shrinks and there`s no way to get things snapped unless the cover is warm and soft.

TL

Puckman
05-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Are you looking for a soft top or hard? Different maintenance approaches to each.

shepro
05-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Are you looking for a soft top or hard? Different maintenance approaches to each.

Soft top as I am not a strong seventy old.Do I need to purchase some sort of cleaner ?

Thanks

imported_TLMitchell
05-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Soft top as I am not a strong seventy old.Do I need to purchase some sort of cleaner ?

Thanks

Manufacturers frequently tout their own labeled cleaner and admonish you to use nothing but... I merely wash mine the same as the rest of the truck. Haven`t found any dressing that will still be there after a rain so I don`t bother.

I did discover recently that a wipedown with ONR at QD strength improves the look of the tonneau. I keep a sprayer mixed up for wipedowns, looks a bit cleaner and nicer than after a regular wash. 10+ years, 3 trucks and still lookin` good.

One other thing to keep in mind, air dying makes a black tonneau look prematurely crappy. After I blow the water off the truck I wipe down the tonneau and tires first. I rarely need a dressing to achieve a black clean look on either. YMMV.

TL