PDA

View Full Version : Dog Hair removal?

Pages : [1] 2

11-19-2001, 05:34 PM
I purchased the car in 1995 from a private sale - the car is very rare and they are only 500 ever made. I paid £74,500 for the vechile and needed to take out a loan as well as it needed £12,000 of repair work.

I hope to sell it on one day, but not yet, I will kep this yet for at least 8 years - by then it would be worth over £100k - which is not bad considering the car was worth when new £370,000+

I have encolsed some more pics - unfortunately these are on seperate threads - i cant seem to attach more than one photo on one thread.

Hope u all like these, ill post more soon of my other bentleys - they are real butes.

JR

69-912
11-19-2001, 05:55 PM
What kind of work (job) do you do to afford all of those awesome cars!?!?

vettefan67
11-19-2001, 06:01 PM
J.R: Great pictures, if a little small;) If you want to attach multiple images to a thread just reply to your own thread with additional attachments in each reply. That way you can just post all of your pictures in one thread, perhaps even in the Member Pictures Forum (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/forumdisplay.php3?s=&forumid=30`) .

Keep them coming!

Justin

EDIT: BTW 69-912, I believe his occupation is listed in his profile.

11-19-2001, 06:03 PM
thanks for telling me.

Ill post some more of my other bentleys tommorow - im off to bed now - its 11.15pm here in the uk.

JR

GreyGoose
05-19-2010, 06:19 PM
What can you guys recommend as the best way to get rid of pet hair from carpeting? I do NOT have an extractor. I do have a Lowe`s R-2 unit, 6.5 horsepower but it only does an average job. Thanks!

Old Pirate
05-19-2010, 06:37 PM
You can get a Pet Hair Removal Brush at your local Pet Supply Store.

imported_Luster
05-19-2010, 06:41 PM
There is a "mitt" that I bought at PAC. I have a couple, but I can`t seem to find it on the website. We have a long-haired dog and it works well for hair removal on the side of the sofa, chairs, etc.

It also works well for pet hair removal on auto carpets.

White "microfiber on one side, black textured plastic on the other.

I`ll see if I can find it on PAC.:D

imported_Luster
05-19-2010, 06:42 PM
After seeing Angelo`s post, maybe I didn`t buy it at PAC!!!:rofl:

Looks like this: (It`s called the K-9 Upholstery and Carpet Mitt)

http://images.goemerchant.net/StoreData/d/detailking/Images/P10_85_45540_3.jpg

Husker Z
05-19-2010, 07:36 PM
You could also try one of those lint rollers that you can remove the sheet and expose a new sticky sheet after the first one becomes ineffective.

PAR Detailing
05-19-2010, 11:02 PM
I have also used duct tape rolled in a circle around my hand as a make shift lint roller. I like that because it is a little stickier than a lint roller but much more of a hassle to "make"

GreyGoose
05-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys. Will try that duct tape thing first and see how that goes. (I`m on a low-budget!)

Puckman
05-20-2010, 06:24 AM
I used Angelo`s suggestion a couple of years ago. Went up to my local PetsMart and picked up a rubberized glove/mitt that has 2 sides of little rubber "nipples" on each side. Probably cost me about 5 bucks. I vaccum first then rub the carpet/upholstery with the mitt and it pulls pet hair up to the surface or even onto the mitt. I then vac again and it works very well.

The "nipples" on the mitt work between and below the carpet fibers and really work the hairs out of the material.

Greg Nichols
05-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I like to use my latex gloves, very tactile. I have also seen good results by using a pumice stone to gather the hair and then vac it up.

Cheers,
GREG

ndm1973
05-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I used Angelo`s suggestion a couple of years ago. Went up to my local PetsMart and picked up a rubberized glove/mitt that has 2 sides of little rubber "nipples" on each side. Probably cost me about 5 bucks. I vaccum first then rub the carpet/upholstery with the mitt and it pulls pet hair up to the surface or even onto the mitt. I then vac again and it works very well.

The "nipples" on the mitt work between and below the carpet fibers and really work the hairs out of the material.

Good old rubber gloves without nipples will work too. Just work at the dog hair with your (gloved) fingertips.

imported_nbk13nw
05-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Pledge just starting selling one for pet hair removal. Pledge? Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair. About $6 or so. Can be found in most grocery stores