PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys and girls

Pages : [1] 2

rmccall6
11-19-2001, 04:38 PM
Ths is directed at RonK because i remember him saying something about having to use an extractor to really clean the carpets and get out all the resideus of the water based cleaners. My question, is this true, I want the best results and currently shampoo by hand but am willing to get an extractor (less than $1000) if it preforms much better. What brand do you recomend. It seems like some important features are its suction power (is that the water lift spec or the PSI spec?) and having a heater for heated water. Again, i dont now anything about them so thats why Im asking. Thanks alot everyone!

Lemonxxs
11-19-2001, 04:58 PM
One thing I can answer is:

Water lift is a measure of vacuum. Which is pressure than the ambient atmospheric pressure. Some times another unit is inches of Mercury like your barometer.

PSI is a unit of pressure above atmospheric in Pound force per square inch.

Now a side bar:

Pumps designed for suction do not blow well and vice versa.

Also if the pump will be in contact with the air and water it is a whole different ball game all together.

As for any electrical porduct look for Amp draw at a consistant voltage to compare how much power the device needs. Most electrical devices have similar inefficiencies. The mechanical parts might be different though.

GEEKY I know but I was reviewing a Hydraulic catalog at the time.

Ron Ketcham
11-19-2001, 06:55 PM
You don`t run a commercial detailing shop, so just get a little Bissel or one of those.

They work great for the occassional use, just not heavy duty enough for the rigors of everyday, several cars and won`t hold up for that.

Don`t worry about the pressures, etc, a brand name unit, for home use will more than take care of your needs.

Ketch

:up

camrykid
11-19-2001, 07:59 PM
Check out the site for bissell steam cleaners. Looks like it would be good for small jobs and cars. What is the opinion round here.
http://www.bissell.com/en/CleaningNeeds/AutoCare/deepCleaner.asp (`http://www.bissell.com/en/CleaningNeeds/AutoCare/deepCleaner.asp`)

racintodd out

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-19-2001, 09:43 PM
is really cute....:) and its got a built in water heater...cool....and a turbo brush....:D it actually looks very portable....the one draw back to that site...it says click on here to see it in action....so you click,,,,and all you see is the thing rotating around in a circle....i dont really call that"in action"....:p

rmccall6
11-19-2001, 10:40 PM
I really like that little Bissel machine, thanks for helping me out guys. My question is, i have some Ef carpet cleaner, do you think that will work in the machine or will the mix ratios not be correct? That stff works really well just want to put it to good use. And Ron, did you say that you have to use an acid based cleaner as well to PH balance the carpets to prevent browning r fading?

rmccall6
11-23-2001, 12:15 PM
So what do you think i should do if the bissel carpet shampoo (suplied) doesnt cut it.

Ron Ketcham
11-23-2001, 12:25 PM
Mix up your cleaner in a spray bottle and mist the carpets, seats , one area at a time.

Agitate with a stiff bristle brush, by hand.

Wipe the area with a damp towel, followed by a clean dry towel to pick up as much soil as you can.

Then, with hot water only in the unit, mist the area with the hot water and extract it from the fabric.

Follow up by wiping it again with a clean towel to further dry and pick up any soil you may have missed.

That is how to get it clean, don`t use the cleaner in the unit, spray it on and agitate seperately, then extract the cleaning solution residue from the fabric.

Leaves it free of all the surfactants, you get better agitation and no surfactants left in the fabric to attract more soil.

Ketch

:up

rmccall6
11-23-2001, 01:45 PM
Thanks alot!

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-23-2001, 04:02 PM
i bet thats true for alot of things....as far as directions go....thx...

bluhemi
05-19-2010, 02:32 PM
I have always prided myself in keeping my cars clean and shinny. After viewing this site I have found that there is a lot that I have to learn about doing things the "right" way. Looking forward to learning a lot and adding what I can. Thanks John

bmw5541
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Welcome to TID bluhemi

Looking forward to seeing your contributions on the forum.:clap:

michakaveli
05-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Greetings from SC!

Old Pirate
05-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Welcome to TID bluhemi! Loads of great information and great folks also:thumbup:

Puckman
05-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Welcome to TID John. Lots of good info and people here.