PDA

View Full Version : Lovebug Hell

Pages : [1] 2

11-19-2001, 11:13 AM
Here is another photo when i detailed my old roller.

Ill take some more, and keep u all posted. Enjoy

check out the other photos on my new threads.

J.R

69-912
11-19-2001, 11:59 AM
MMMMM! It`s weird how when I look at pictures of the interior of a RR or Bentley all my senses come alive and I start smelling that wonderful leather & wood scent that only RR and Bentley has. I think most of you know what I am talking about.

BradE
11-19-2001, 12:35 PM
John, I am jelous. I have been a fan of Rollers for a long time. They are one of my favorite cars made, you are a very lucky man. That interior looks nice, keep up the good work. :up

11-19-2001, 01:50 PM
I appreciate the compliment, thats what makes all the effort worth it.

JR

Lowejackson
11-19-2001, 04:18 PM
John

Nice car, it would be great to see even more though ;)

What products do you use?

Steven

Alfa 164

Autoglym & Blitz

11-19-2001, 04:32 PM
Hi Lowe Jackson, i have encolsed another pic of the limo. I hope u like it.

I use a massive variety of products, through trial & error I stick to:

exterior:

Autoglym High gloss finish

Autoglym super resin finish

Color Magic - (I have all the colors - and sometimes mix in order to create a different shade on the car I am detailing)

Myers Glass finisher

Wonder wheels tire dresser

Hepworth Metal/chrome polisher

and more importantly i have a wide selection of high speed polishers - some which i rate more than others.

interior:

vacum

regal leather conditioner

regal saddle soap

myers wood polishing kit

myers chrome polish

(the list goes on....)

All the best

J.R

Lemonxxs
11-19-2001, 04:33 PM
That seat looks so darn soft. Like it is feather filled and begging me to take a nap on it.

What type of floor mats?

The RR I repaired, when I was working for a German MB mechanic one summer during college, had fur like floormats. The fur seemed to be about 1" tall and very thick. That car was a convertable and a creamy yellow color. Like a rolling sofa!

11-19-2001, 05:27 PM
The mats are of high quailty lambs wool.

check my other post.

JR

imported_Termigator
05-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Well, they`ve finally reappeared and they seem to have reappeared with a vengeance.

This was just on a trip from Orlando to Sebastian Inlet (2 hour drive on I-95 and then A1A) and back. It was really thick on A1A. Guess they liked the ocean breeze. Believe me, it`s a lot worse than what you can see in the picture!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/termigator/IMG_4317.jpg

In some areas, it was so thick, I could see hundreds of lovebugs flying toward my windshield before hitting it. Hope they do their thing and die off quickly!

Old Pirate
05-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Don`t forget to use the Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Sponge with 1Z einszett Anti-Insekt + Pre-Cleaner. great combo when cleaning up those nasty bug`s off.

Puckman
05-18-2010, 06:29 PM
I drove from Tampa to Naples Saturday and cleaned them up after I arrived in Naples. Then again on my return to Tampa. You`re right about them returning with a vengance!

cmichael258
05-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Back with a vengeance is an understatement. I think it`s going to be a vengeance like the pollen was this year.

I was heading from St. Pete up to New Port Richey today and saw a silver car with a front bumper that was solid black. I`ll bet he can kiss that paint job goodbye.

imported_Brian_Brice
05-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I definitely don`t miss those bugs!

imported_Luster
05-19-2010, 06:18 AM
Pummeled with bug guts.:cursing:

imported_doctordon
05-19-2010, 06:42 AM
One of fastest and least expensive ways to remove Love Bugs is with clothes dryer sheets such as Bounce although any brand will work. Wet the area with the bugs, wet the dryer sheet and wash them off. Whatever chemical they use as a softener acts as a cleaner. It will remove any wax or sealant but will not scratch your car or windsheild. But, as always, test in a safe place first.

Having been born and raised in Florida and lived here all my life I can say that this year`s Love Bugs are considerably less in quantity than previous years. I think the extreme cold weather we had this winter put a dent in the population.