PDA

View Full Version : What? A FREE rotary polisher!?!

awsm123
11-19-2001, 11:01 AM
I`ve noticed what appear to be bug hit stains on the Stonegard film on the front of my car. I`ve tried several plastic polishes to remove them with no luck. I`m reluctant to try anything more abrasive. Have any of you other XPEL, Stonegard, etc. users experienced anything similar? If so, do you have any tips on removing the stains?

Thanks

imported_ewiesner
11-19-2001, 01:31 PM
Try pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion. Worked for me... That stuff if pretty tough, you could probably use bug and tar remover on it without problems. I spilled brake fluid on mine and it did not hurt it.

imported_TLMitchell
05-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Since I`ve been winning stuff here n there I suppose it`s my turn to give something away. Actually, I`m cleaning out the detailing cabinet as well as the garage and basement of things I don`t use.

So you want a rotary polisher, huh? Here`s a freebie. Not an old broken down, clapped out polisher from yesteryear but a serious tool in good working order. I`ve whittled my polishers down to a PC, GG 3" and just got a Flex 3403 lightweight rotary so I don`t need this one too. I picked it up one Sunday at NAPA 5 - 7 years ago when my old el cheapo polisher died in the middle of a job. I think it was only around 75 bucks then and I see `em new on Amazon for around 66 bucks with free shipping so it`s unlikely I`d be able to peddle this for anything after someone pays to ship it:

[/URL]

The ATD product page is here:

(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000M5ZXDM?tag=155set3-20)

Even a manual available:

I always thought this thing was very Makita-like. It looks almost identical to a 9227 except for the color and a different shaped head. The controls are all in the same place and work the same, the brushes are in the same place and both polishers feel pretty much the same during use. The speeds are real similar except this one doesn`t slow down quite as much. Looking at the list of manufacturers of ATD`s stuff I see Makita listed. Hmmm....

This doesn`t come with all the goodies a new one does, in the box will be the polisher, the original rubber center-mount backing plate, 1 D-handle, 1 side handle and the spanner wrench for removing and installing the BP and that`s all. The new owner would need their own hex key to change the handles and would most likely want to invest in a velcro backing plate or two and you`re ready to try and burn your paint to the tin. :clap:

What`s the catch? Two, actually. You`ve gotta pay the shipping to get it to you, lower 48 only, please. I take PayPal, no credit cards. An instant transfer from your PayPal or bank account made as a Personal Transaction as a "gift" and nobody gets whacked any fees.

I would advise anyone thinking about it to figure out the shipping charges as it could be 25 - 30 bucks if you`re on the left coast. The closer you are to NE Ohio the cheaper it`s gonna be. The ATD Web site says 7 lbs, I just weighed it in the box and it comes to 11 lbs, 12 oz. Must be a heavy box... USPS Priority Mail only from 44491. It won`t fit in a Flat Rate box so it`s plain-Jane, normal, everyday Priority Mail only. Figure it out here:

[URL]http://postcalc.usps.gov/ (http://www.atdtools.com/PDF/ATD10511%20instructions.pdf)

The other catch, first one that shows up in my e-mail box gets it. Not a reply to this thread, not a PM. In my E-MAIL! You`ll find a Send Message link on my Profile right under the pic that sez "Send e-mail message". I just sold a bunch of motorcycle parts on various Forums requesting same so I wouldn`t have to jump all over the place replying to quizzicals or offers and out of 30+ responses everybody except ONE person replied via thread or PM. :banghead: I`ll jump around when I`m peddling stuff for cash, not for a freebie though. You can`t follow instructions, find a free rotary somewhere else. :sarge

TL

imported_Flash Gordon
05-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Why, this is mighty generous of you TL :Santa Smiley:

Does it come autographed :Snowman:

imported_glfahlc
05-18-2010, 06:18 PM
wow, great offer tl, too bad i already have two rotaries myself.

imported_TLMitchell
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
It isn`t as easy giving something away as you`d think. First respondent popped into my e-mail shortly after I posted, got two more inquiries after. After replying to #1 Tuesday I`m still waiting.

M Roadster, if you see this or the PM I sent you need to check your e-mail, spam folder or whatever. If I don`t hear from you by tonight the rotary is going to #2. I want to get this box off my kitchen table, I`ve got a USPS pickup scheduled for tomorrow and I don`t have the time or inclination to chase anyone around so I can give them something for free.

TL

600ho
04-10-2011, 12:43 AM
I could sure use one. This is my address 505 5th ave NE Plainview MN 55964. My Name is Andy Shones thanks.

600ho
04-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I could sure use one. If you still have it my address is 505 5th ave NE Plainview MN 55964 my name is Andy Shones thanks.

imported_doctordon
04-10-2011, 07:58 AM
600ho - You might want to check the original date of this thread which was almost a year ago. I think the rotary may be gone.

imported_TLMitchell
04-10-2011, 10:17 AM
I could sure use one. If you still have it my address is 505 5th ave NE Plainview MN 55964 my name is Andy Shones thanks.

Yeah, I`ll get right on that and be happy to pick up the 30+ bucks shipping to get it there. Boo Hoo

600ho - You might want to check the original date of this thread which was almost a year ago. I think the rotary may be gone.

It was long gone within a day or two.

TL