PDA

View Full Version : Best Wheel Cleaner I have ever used

Pages : [1] 2 3

fishboy
11-18-2001, 02:01 PM
Is there a one stop shop somewhere in LA, where I can get most of my supplies. It seems like most of the auto shops(kragen,autozone etc..) are pretty weak. Thanks

JTS

JasonC8301
11-18-2001, 02:11 PM
NAPA auto parts seems to have a nice selection of 3M and Meguiars products (pro line.)

BMW and MB dealerships may carry certain products, such as Lexol, Klasse, and Gummi Phleude (sp?)

Some people in LA can comment for specific location.

Hope this helps,

Jason

imported_Homer
11-18-2001, 06:24 PM
In Orange County, Costa Mesa more specifically, there`s a shop call the Detailing Depot...has everything mankind can imagine for detailing needs. I shop there and they`re very helpful and knowledgable.

http://www.detailingdepot.com (`http://www.detailingdepot.com`)

Huy

imported_BretFraz
11-18-2001, 07:26 PM
What a store! It`s better than those 24 hour adult books and video superstores.

And right in the `ol home town. Almost makes me wanna hop on a plane and go home.

Costa Mesa is sooo wonderful. You got Hogue Barmichael`s, Wahoo`s Fish Tacos, The OC Swap Meet, and now Detailing Depot.

fishboy
11-18-2001, 07:42 PM
Wahoos IS nothing compared to many other less known taco shops here in socal...

o/w, I used to cruise by costa mesa 1-2X a week last year...damn and I didnt even know....

Hypersion
11-18-2001, 08:28 PM
There is also Irvine City Auto Parts that has klasse and a few other hard to find items.

bmw5541
05-16-2010, 07:32 PM
I have a new favorite wheel cleaner. Up to this point, I have always loved and used P21S Gel. I have always hade great success with it, and would highly recommend it to anyone.

A friend of mine suggested trying out a new wheel cleaner. Since I have always used P21S, I really had no need to look at anything else. Recently, I ran out of my supply of P21S, so I figured I would give it a try.

The wheel cleanet that I tried was Sonax Wheel Cleaner. I have to tell you, this stuff is absolutely amazing. As most of you know, I have a BMW and the break dust on all German cars is a major problem. The Sonax made easy work of my wheels. I sprayed it on, and it was green in color. After a few minutes, as the cleansing foam begins to work into the dirt and grime, it turns red. Once it turns red, it is ready to be removed. In most cases, you can just rince the Sonax off without agitating. With severe break dust, you need to agitate slightly, and then rince. As the foam turned red, you could see the break dust and grime slide off the wheels. It was really pretty cool seeing this stuff work.

Needless to say, this is now my go to wheel cleaner. It is just so easy and it is PH neutral to boot. It doesn`t smell great, but it is not too bad (nobodys perfect).

I am sorry that I didn`t take any pics, so you can see what I am talking about.

I don`t want to mention on here where I got it from, because I don`t want to advertise for a competitor of PAC.

Thanks for listening.

rockymountaindetail
05-16-2010, 07:58 PM
I have used some of Sonax`s other products and was pleased....maybe I`ll give the wheel cleaner a shot

imported_broker99
05-16-2010, 08:26 PM
if I remember it is a bit pricey

imported_Luster
05-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the tip! Always good to know about excellent products...:thumbup:

bmw5541
05-16-2010, 09:37 PM
I have used some of Sonax`s other products and was pleased....maybe I`ll give the wheel cleaner a shot
It really is a great product.

$19.95 for 16.5 oz.

Thanks for the tip! Always good to know about excellent products...:thumbup:
Bill,
This is the real deal!!

Legacy99
05-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Wow, 20 bucks for 16.5 ozs.:(

imported_Mindflux
05-17-2010, 09:02 AM

This is my biggest problem with it. Too spendy.

imported_Flash Gordon
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Wow, 20 bucks for 16.5 ozs.:(

+ Shipping :wizard:

gmblack3
05-17-2010, 10:16 AM
I bought a bottle, but will just use it when MWB will not work. That has only happened once in the past.