PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Launch

ddbrook
11-16-2001, 08:25 PM
Just got my first set of Zaino Z-9 Leather Cleaner and Z-10 Leather in a Bottle. I would like to know how everybody is applying these products. Any tips, tricks??

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-16-2001, 09:46 PM
from all i`ve read about it here...your gonna love the stuff...good luck:up ....

http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=4117&highlight=zaino+leather (`http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=4117&highlight=zaino+leather`)

Todd@RUPES
05-14-2010, 01:26 PM
One of the nice things about living in Florida (Orlando) is being able to watch space shuttles launch into the sky, then hear the rumble a minute afterwards. The space shuttle made a beautiful launch into a crystal blue sky a few minutes ago. It is amazing watching the distance the shuttle covers in such a short time. Sadly this moments will be a thing of the past :(

gmblack3
05-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Sweet!

I have been lucky enough to see one night launch from Daytona and have been on the grounds for an early am launch. The later was in the 80s.

bmw5541
05-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I always wanted to see a launch in person. It must have been amazing!!!:Dancing Dot:

michakaveli
05-14-2010, 02:19 PM
That`s pretty nice to be in such close proximity to such an extraordinary event. Take any pix?

imported_Brian_Brice
05-14-2010, 02:25 PM
The launches are very cool, I got to see a few from my front door step in Tampa, crazy how far away you can see such a clear view of it.

imported_Flash Gordon
05-14-2010, 02:50 PM
One of the nice things about living in Florida (Orlando) is being able to watch space shuttles launch into the sky, then hear the rumble a minute afterwards. The space shuttle made a beautiful launch into a crystal blue sky a few minutes ago. It is amazing watching the distance the shuttle covers in such a short time. Sadly this moments will be a thing of the past :(

Yes, watching the shuttle launch is a beautiful thing. My Uncle James Catailis was a rocket science for NASA. He was (of course with the help of others) responsible for sending the first rocket into orbit. I have several black and white pics of the monkey(Sam)wearing his outfit/space suit doing all kinda stuff. I have a box full with hundreds of "inside" Nasa pics. Most all are in black and white. I was fortunate enough to watch the rockets launch from inside Nasa`s Control Room on several occasions. You know, the one you see all those guys on there monitors when they show it on t.v. Of course this was in the late 60`s and throughout the 70`s. I`m sure the rules have changed alot since then Da Rules!

We lived in Cocoa Beach, Florida on Nassau Drive. Ironically, during this time frame I Dream of Jeannie was being filmed right around the corner from my Aunt and Uncles house. So, this was fascinating to me also :Snowman:

Todd, why are you ignoring my waterspot thread. Maybe, if you can give me a bright idea, I will send you a pic of history ;)

BIOLINK
05-16-2010, 11:53 AM
I have heard cool things about a space shuttle launch. I am jealous you get to check it out every now and then. I heard that even when you are a few miles away from the launch pad you can feel the launch. That is an impressive display of power. I also heard when it clears the launch pad is is already going 100mph. Man! I want to see this thing.

Thanks for sharing.

Old Pirate
05-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Had a great time at Cocoa Beach area when I was station there (Patrick AFB) when the Shuttle program started. Had to clear all the airspace 30 min`s before launch time. It was a blast to see so close. I still see it here by my home when it launch`s at the Cape.

Puckman
05-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Had a bunch of opportunities to see them live when I was at school in Daytona. Went down to the first night launch and it was awesome. For such a brief event it`s phenomenal. It`s also impressive when/if it lands back at KSC and the arrival route takes it over the Bay area. We get 2 very quick sonic booms and my sliders shake. It`ll catch you by surprise if your not paying attention to it`s schedule.

We now occasionally get to see them when they get high enough and the weather is clear in Tampa. If you stop to think of that program lasting nearly 30 years it gets more amazing. Sad to see it end.

imported_nbk13nw
05-17-2010, 10:16 AM
When I was a kid we used to lay on the roof for the night launches of the Apollo missions. It was indeed an awesome sight.