PDA

View Full Version : your fav shampoo

Pages : [1] 2 3

neomatrix
11-16-2001, 11:15 AM
I just received my order from Motorhead and it came with the Connolly Hide Food. I want to try it now. However, I used 303 on my car seat about 3 weeks ago. Do I have to use the Lexol Cleaner or could I just apply it over the 303? :bounce

BradE
11-16-2001, 11:26 AM
Clean the seats first. You should always clean the seats before you put any type of conditioner on them. The cleaner will remove embedded dirt and oils and allow the conditioner to soak into the leather better. And that way you are not working dirt into your seats. :)

Don2000g
11-17-2001, 10:52 AM
Showroom is correct. It`s a very good idea to clean your seats first. It will allow the conditioner to work more effectively. Laters.

Grifter2
11-18-2001, 05:48 AM
I`ve read that you shouldn`t use Connolly Hide Food on "Finished Leather". I don`t know whether your leather is absorbant or non-absorbant, but I just thought I`d let you know.;)

Bobby G
11-18-2001, 10:47 AM
Yep, not a good idea to use Hide Food in your Lexus. It is full of mineral spirits, which is not friendly to coated leather.

Stick with the 303.

db

neomatrix
11-18-2001, 11:15 AM
???:confused: I asked about compatibility of the Connolly Hide food with Japanese leather under the thread "leather smell" a week ago. Brad did say that it was ok to use it. I also asked Larry of carcareonline about it and he also says it is fine. I like to try it because I like that new leather smell on the car. Now I don`t know what to do. How do you distinguish a "coated leather" from one that isn`t?:(

Bobby G
11-18-2001, 11:20 AM
One application will not hurt the leather. After a while, it will begin to soften the coating applied to the leather and it will start to feel sticky.

db

neomatrix
11-18-2001, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info David. Do you think twice a year application of connolly with 303 /Lexol conditioner/Zaino leather conditioner in between will hurt the leather? How about once a year? :bounce

Bobby G
11-18-2001, 11:46 AM
Now I`m confused. You have 4 protectants? And, if you have Zaino Z-10, why did you get Hide Food. Z-10 smells much better, and it`s much easier to use.

My advise: find one cleaner and one protectant you like and stick with it. Don`t turn your interior into a chemical soup.

db

neomatrix
11-18-2001, 11:56 AM
I only have 303, Lexol and just got the Connolly. I mainly use the 303 on the dash and the lexol on the leather. I like the lexol but don`t care about the smell. Like I said, I like the leather smell on a car so I wanted to try something else besides the Lexol/303. In my posting before, some members (DetailKing I think ) mentioned that Zaino smells like leather. However, I went with Brad`s recommendation and got the Connolly. Now I am thinking of Zaino and the Connolly might just be considered a wasted purchase :)

rmccall6
11-18-2001, 12:41 PM
Here, clean your leather with a good all around interior cleaner, (Griots, AutoGlymn, Eagle One) then use 303 as your protectant since lexus leather (most leather now a days is coated with vinyl). Once a year, you might want to use the Lexol to condition the hide underneith, but just once a year. We have had this debate before and been told that a manufaturer for leather car products for the "big three" said its fine to use feeding oils. All i care is that i use 303 and Griots interior cleaner and am getting great results.

Lemonxxs
11-18-2001, 12:41 PM
Zaino indeed smells like the interior of a new car Ie leather, plastic Vinyl to me.

I actually use it on all plastic vinyl and leather surfaces. So I am using one protectant throughout the interior and I get one single smell not two or three.

Grifter2
11-18-2001, 09:08 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by neomatrix [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>???:confused: How do you distinguish a "coated leather" from one that isn`t?:( [/b]</blockquote>
What you should do is sprinkle a few drops of water onto your seats. If it immediately soaks in you don`t have vinyl coated leather. If the water just beads up and never soaks in then you have finished leather. Hope that helps.

imported_glfahlc
05-11-2010, 07:31 PM
i`m about to stock up on more shampoo for my cars. i love blackfires slickness and all but want something more economical. my every day shampoo is eimann fabrik which is nice also. whats your favorite shampoo?

imported_Flash Gordon
05-11-2010, 09:11 PM
My personal favorite is Pantene. However, Tresemmee will work in a pinch :wizard: