PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Power Clean vs. Amazing Roll-Off

Pages : [1] 2

KWANG-SEOK
11-15-2001, 11:50 AM
I didn`t have much luck using PPCL by hand so I figured I`d try applying it with my PC. How much should I apply, how long should I buff it in for (how will I know when to stop), and what speed should I set the PC at?

dengelson
11-15-2001, 03:50 PM
One that I can benefit from too. So back to the top in search of an answer. :)

Bobby G
11-15-2001, 04:21 PM
PPCL was not design to use by machine. However, here`s how I do it:

I apply to rings of PPCL around a white foam buffing pad. Use a finger to work it into the pad. If you leave it on top, it will sling off because it`s so thin. Run the PC and a speed of 3.0 to 3.5. Work it in good. Then it starts to tack up, increase speed to 4.5. It will come close to buffing out, but not quite. Wipe off the remaining residue with a clean buffing towel.

db

ZL1Mark
05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I`ve only used OPC, but I`d like to know how ARO stacks up against it? Is one of these products more effective in removing grime from tires, wheel wells, and engines?

imported_Bunky
05-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I know these are both great products. However, is one of these products more effective(faster) in removing grime from tires, wheel wells, and engines?

What is your opinion?

ZL1Mark
05-07-2010, 05:23 PM
What is your opinion?
Huh?

I`ve only used power clean, so I`m curious of those who have used both.

Edit: Sorry, I was unclear in my original post.

Tuck91
05-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Maybe since you said they were both great products he thought you have used them both.

I havent tried either of them, Meguiars Super Degreaser at 7:1 handles all situations for me.

Kind of an odd question though, How can you honestly tell which one will do it faster? You still have to agitate the surface with various brushes in most cases.

ZL1Mark
05-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe since you said they were both great products he thought you have used them both.

I havent tried either of them, Meguiars Super Degreaser at 7:1 handles all situations for me.

Kind of an odd question though, How can you honestly tell which one will do it faster? You still have to agitate the surface with various brushes in most cases.
OK, I guess I was a bit unclear. I re-worded my original post.

imported_Flash Gordon
05-08-2010, 06:41 AM
OK, I guess I was a bit unclear. I re-worded my original post.

Tough Crowd :Boxing:

I have never used either so my opinion is worthless as usual :Innocent:

P.S. I do like watching that little midget Rolloff family on TLC :spy:

imported_Bunky
05-08-2010, 07:26 AM

Sorry...I got the impression he had used both.

imported_Flash Gordon
05-08-2010, 08:13 AM
The Flash Brown stuff seems be be the talk of the town these days. I have not used it either though :redface:

Anyone know if Flash Brown can be found locally? At 12lb`s a gallon, and I average 2-3 gallons a week its very hard for me to justify paying the shipping alone for any APC :out:

bmw5541
05-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I would love to try either of these products. From what I have read here, the OPC seems so much more versitile though.

imported_CARFREAK
05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Amazing roll off is............ AMAZING :w00t: No but seriously it is a very good product and it does get that old tire gel off the tire, or grease :biggrin:

CobraKing
05-09-2010, 08:45 PM
ARO might actually be too good! I used a 10:1 solution ratio on my vehicle which had dealer applied tire `grease` and it did get rid of a fair amount of gunk however it also pulled alot of grease to the tire face, giving my tires a `brown` look.

I`ll probably run a 3:1 solution ratio and see if I can get rid off the remaining gunk.

ZL1Mark
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
however it also pulled alot of grease to the tire face, giving my tires a `brown` look.

I`m not exactly sure what you mean by this?